League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Dominion is so low down there that they played Catch the teemo on SR map (ESL) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2912058)

evilXkilla 12-16-2012 08:31 PM

Dominion is so low down there that they played Catch the teemo on SR map (ESL)

Talking about the ESL tourny earlier when they played catch the teemo. It was supposed to be just fighting and no laning. Dominion sounds like the perfect map, but nope they went with SR. I'm sure the thought of using Dom didn't even cross their mind either. Catch the teemo thing even originated on Dominion.

I'm just saying this because it kinda pains me to see you all passionately discuss ways to improve Dominion and how to make it competitive but the reality is ...well it just hurts really. Feedski tries to make threads on Reddit to promote DD tournies but there's more downvotes than upvotes. Like wtf? So much bloody hate.

Big SR tournies have always been the key to success for Dom IMO. Just simple show matches between pros on Dominion inbetween games is PERFECT way to waste 20-30 minutes that they have instead of listening to a lame song or watching commentators talk about nothing. If Riot wants to improve faulty impression that majority of folks have on Dominion they have to do it at large events.

Dominion is slowly crawling up in both popularity and community, however it needs major help from Riot themselves to make large jumps forward.

Sorry, random post.

On the bright side: Leaving to Dominican in 5 hours for a week! woo

BeefJerkyHunter 12-16-2012 10:25 PM

What can we do? People really like the boring laning phase.

Altorr 12-17-2012 04:45 AM

My main issue with Dominion is that it is marketed as "fast and fun!" . well thats about 4/5s true. For one member on each team they baby sit bot and push for the whole game. When one team is absolutely in control top they can spare someone to go bottom and pretty easily take it away from your team.

I want to see some creative way to change the meta of dominion away from the 1 bot 4 top.

Personally I would to see the 5th point be put in the center of the map, where storm shield is now. And take each 'mid' point and move them up higher/further away from the base/spawn to make them less defensible.

Another neat idea would be to put storm shield down bottom, between the two bushes on bot. but it requires two allies chanelling on the stone for it to work. encourage people to go bottom perhaps.

or maybe when you control both bottom towers give some sort of small buff.

Right now bottom is pretty boring, every now and then some of us somewhat enjoy the grind of it. but the biggest problem is the "if I don't do it, no one will, and we will lose" phenomena. If I don't pick a good pusher who can 1v1 and escape 2v1 about 90% of the time no one on my team will either in solo queue.

So either I go bottom with a good bot champ, or we lose. Story of my Dominion experience.

kirillian 12-17-2012 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altorr (Hozzászólás 32531253)
My main issue with Dominion is that it is marketed as "fast and fun!" . well thats about 4/5s true. For one member on each team they baby sit bot and push for the whole game. When one team is absolutely in control top they can spare someone to go bottom and pretty easily take it away from your team.

I want to see some creative way to change the meta of dominion away from the 1 bot 4 top.

Personally I would to see the 5th point be put in the center of the map, where storm shield is now. And take each 'mid' point and move them up higher/further away from the base/spawn to make them less defensible.

Another neat idea would be to put storm shield down bottom, between the two bushes on bot. but it requires two allies chanelling on the stone for it to work. encourage people to go bottom perhaps.

or maybe when you control both bottom towers give some sort of small buff.

Right now bottom is pretty boring, every now and then some of us somewhat enjoy the grind of it. but the biggest problem is the "if I don't do it, no one will, and we will lose" phenomena. If I don't pick a good pusher who can 1v1 and escape 2v1 about 90% of the time no one on my team will either in solo queue.

So either I go bottom with a good bot champ, or we lose. Story of my Dominion experience.

That's more of an anecdote on the quality of players in solo queue than anything. The same problem happens in low-mid elo in SR. Everyone complains, calls mid or feed, and just generally is a complete a-hole to everyone else. Having these players mixed in with the low-mid Dom players (sometimes they get mixed in farther up the ladder) who were already the most toxic of the Dominion community just makes for a good time I would imagine. Having spent a lot of time trying to "convert" SR players who've never played Dominion, I've played a number of games with people who had 0 Dom games...the amount of hate and toxicity can be rather appalling.

Only in those low-mid level games do you see the whole "I'm not going bot" mentality. It doesn't take too long for that to go away. The bot lane prolly needs some work, but as time goes on, you'll find that the botlane becomes one of the most trafficked lanes if your team is even close to even in skill with the other team.

TCWA Tigerbite 12-17-2012 05:03 AM

Your low dominion ELO sounds depressing. It's about as bad as low ELO SR when no one jungles.

I've seen so many threads lately about how people don't play this way or it's stupid to play that way. Join dominatedominion chat and team up with some people in their for some premade dom games. Then you will see how unboring the game is.

willoc 12-17-2012 08:27 AM

Hello. Perma-bot laner here!

I love bot, it's not boring. It's you versus the world but you can employ all kinds of strategies to win your lane: gank, push, or sustain. When you win your lane, difficulty increases due to forcing an additional enemy to come down. Can you waste his time? Can you kill them both? Can you force a 3v1 or a 4v1? Can you stay alive while you do all this? It's the perfect role for people who love the under-dog mentality like me!

DG TheFeedski 12-17-2012 07:02 PM

ESL actually follows DominateDominion on Twitter. I just sent them a link to this thread.

Kiddalee 12-17-2012 10:49 PM

I wonder if Riot couldn't get top Dominion players to play during those 30 minute SR event breaks instead of using SR players. Use Dominion players to convey that Dominion has its own playerbase; it's not just a time-waster for SR players. Even the strategies will make more sense.

Lengone 12-18-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilXkilla (Hozzászólás 32522822)
Big SR tournies have always been the key to success for Dom IMO. Just simple show matches between pros on Dominion inbetween games is PERFECT way to waste 20-30 minutes that they have instead of listening to a lame song or watching commentators talk about nothing. If Riot wants to improve faulty impression that majority of folks have on Dominion they have to do it at large events.

This is a good idea. Now if only we could get Riot to put in the small amount of effort required. Even if all they did was edit in a stream of decent Dominion game play from blind pick solo q and cut to the tournament game. Even at halftime in football they don't just talk about the game endlessly they have a show.