League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Dominion Draft Pick (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2909992)

FappingFuriously 12-16-2012 10:17 AM

Dominion Draft Pick

Ever since I began dominion I have known that there were champions that were just made for dominion. From Rammus and his ability to powerball across the map to Poppy and her ability to consistently slam someone in a 5v5 and walk out unscathed. We know which ones we would ban if only we had the choice... and yet no-one plays draft mode.

From what I can tell the only reason no-one does draft pick on dominion is because no-one else ****ing does. What the hell? Why the **** is this an issue!

So I put forward a proposal, not to Riot, not to the pro-league but to who-ever reads this... start a game of draft pick and make yourself a nice coffee or tea or whatever the **** you like to drink it'll take ages for enough people to join the queue but you will know, for certain "I am not contributing to it's decline".

Even if it takes a ****ing half hour at least I know I will not help it die for as I post this I am in the queue!

Please let it be known, as people who want to play dominion draft that

WE WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT!

Volandum 12-16-2012 10:31 AM

Okay fine, I have some proofs I need to write up so I guess I can sit in queue overnight.

EDIT: 2 hours and counting.

Volandum 12-16-2012 03:09 PM

Queue popped, and it was only three hours!

KaWraith 12-16-2012 07:09 PM

Wow! that's so cool... my queue never popped up over 6 hours :-(

Endrid 12-16-2012 08:56 PM

not gonna wait that long to play a 20 min game

Stark Midnight 12-16-2012 09:11 PM

i waited 10 minutes for my first draft game.

Merana 12-16-2012 11:28 PM

Probably because it's kind of annoying spending 10+ minutes in champion select for a 20 minute game.

blackDAILO 12-16-2012 11:50 PM

5 page essay, let's see if it would pop before I finish!

Rikukun 12-17-2012 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merana (Hozzászólás 32527254)
Probably because it's kind of annoying spending 10+ minutes in champion select for a 20 minute game.

No, the reason is that back a while ago there was a bug that made it so that there was no dodge penalty for dominion. This made it so that you could sit through all of draft pick and then have some jackass dodge after you just spent 5 minutes getting ready for the game. This made everyone stop playing draft. When they finally fixed the bug, it was too late. Everyone had already quit draft, and no one would go back to it because others hadn't. If we could actually talk to the entire dominion community and get them to queue for draft instead of blind, then that would fix it.

Actually I have an idea. What if for just like a week or two we disabled blind pick completely and had only draft pick as an option (the exception being low levels and players without enough champs, they can still have blind. The ones without enough champs can get queued with low levels since they are probably new 30s anyways).

This would make it so that draft would be forceably revived, and then when they brought back blind, people would hopefully still queue for draft.

Thoughts on this?

VegaTDM 12-17-2012 07:06 AM

I haven't had a draft dominion game que in over a year. Left it open for 6 hours one night just to see how long it would go, gave up.