League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   So when is this disgusting Jax thing going to end? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2908751)

AK47WOLF 12-15-2012 10:16 PM

So when is this disgusting Jax thing going to end?

Or is this just Dominion's biggest joke? I'm tired of doing well in Dom games but being statistically unable to win them because of what Jax brings to the table. When does this end? When are they going to do something about Jax?

bierfaust 12-15-2012 10:59 PM

Jax isn't the most OP champion in DOM, but he is definitely near the top. The problem is so many champions are dominant at different stages of the game but because DOM starts out at essentially 10 mins in terms of gold available snow ball champions and champions that excel at late game have a huge advantage as there isn't an effective way to shut them out or starve them of farm due to the passive gold in DOM.

There are different champs that rule at different ELOs. Jax is an issue at almost any ELO until you reach the top of the heap or you have an organized team, both scenarios are unlikely for the average DOM player, like me. Personally I don't have an issue with him in DOM, I just think that his kit is stupidly OP and game breaking no matter how you swing it or whatever game mode you are playing. Same as Irelia, the problems are not a matter of balance, but a matter of how fundamentally broken their kits are that they inevitably become a major issue regardless of build or how good the actual player using them is.

Don't get me wrong, I've been completely outplayed before, but there is nothing skillful about jumping into a team fight with an AOE stun ready to go, and then literally 3-5 shotting most people while tanking anything they can through at you, provided you survived long enough for the stun to where off. And even if he only caught 1 person in that stun, he will just hop around and pick you off 1 at a time.

Some high ELO players think he is fine and balanced. Yes, that may be true at the upper end of the skill scale, but for the majority of players under 2000 ELO, he is a very big issue. Especially with the new rageblade and a frozen fist (or whatever it's called) if he chooses to forsake Tri Force. The fact that he can do that, and still pump out just as much damage is he would otherwise is an issue with his kit and needs addressing.

Genericke 12-15-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bierfaust (Hozzászólás 32491482)
Jax isn't the most OP champion in DOM, but he is definitely near the top. The problem is so many champions are dominant at different stages of the game but because DOM starts out at essentially 10 mins in terms of gold available snow ball champions and champions that excel at late game have a huge advantage as there isn't an effective way to shut them out or starve them of farm due to the passive gold in DOM.

There are different champs that rule at different ELOs. Jax is an issue at almost any ELO until you reach the top of the heap or you have an organized team, both scenarios are unlikely for the average DOM player, like me. Personally I don't have an issue with him in DOM, I just think that his kit is stupidly OP and game breaking no matter how you swing it or whatever game mode you are playing. Same as Irelia, the problems are not a matter of balance, but a matter of how fundamentally broken their kits are that they inevitably become a major issue regardless of build or how good the actual player using them is.

Don't get me wrong, I've been completely outplayed before, but there is nothing skillful about jumping into a team fight with an AOE stun ready to go, and then literally 3-5 shotting most people while tanking anything they can through at you, provided you survived long enough for the stun to where off. And even if he only caught 1 person in that stun, he will just hop around and pick you off 1 at a time.

Some high ELO players think he is fine and balanced. Yes, that may be true at the upper end of the skill scale, but for the majority of players under 2000 ELO, he is a very big issue. Especially with the new rageblade and a frozen fist (or whatever it's called) if he chooses to forsake Tri Force. The fact that he can do that, and still pump out just as much damage is he would otherwise is an issue with his kit and needs addressing.

In my opinion he's always been an issue. He used to be the OP champ that wasn't Kassadin. Bot lane he wrecked everyone, had insane scaling and just wasn't fair. The issue though is that since then, we've had Lulu, Darius, Jayce, Zyra, Diana, Rengar, and Kha'Zix, blackfire torch, and black cleaver added to the game, and suddenly Jax isn't quite as bad. He's still crazy strong, but other things came to attention since then.

To give you an idea, Warwick used to be one of the top bans, and one of the best duelists. Since then after his mild q nerfs, he seems pretty underwhelming with all of the new champs being released.

bierfaust 12-15-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genericke (Hozzászólás 32491638)
In my opinion he's always been an issue. He used to be the OP champ that wasn't Kassadin. Bot lane he wrecked everyone, had insane scaling and just wasn't fair. The issue though is that since then, we've had Lulu, Darius, Jayce, Zyra, Diana, Rengar, and Kha'Zix, blackfire torch, and black cleaver added to the game, and suddenly Jax isn't quite as bad. He's still crazy strong, but other things came to attention since then.

To give you an idea, Warwick used to be one of the top bans, and one of the best duelists. Since then after his mild q nerfs, he seems pretty underwhelming with all of the new champs being released.

True, he does seem like a drop in the ocean given the present condition of DOM. Quite disappointing really.

Redeemed In Fire 12-15-2012 11:57 PM

Curiously, AS slows became more reliable and easier to obtain...

naotasan 12-16-2012 12:12 AM

I'll trade you Jax spam for Teemo/Kassadin spam.

Eloquid 12-16-2012 12:19 AM

He's op and all, but I can't do **** with him when I play him. He poops on your head if you're anything near squishy like Teemo, but I never had problems with him playing Singed, my favorite champ.

Orphane 12-16-2012 12:22 AM

Good old fashioned champ QQ

how i missed you with all the item *****ing recently

Ankoku no Hime 12-16-2012 01:36 AM

Shesh, I really wish the free champion weeks or whatever, will never have: teemo,miss fortune,corki,jax

Warlord Buwberry 12-16-2012 03:30 AM

Jax is problem in every mode. He dominates SR, and TT just as well. Riot will get around to doing something about him sometime and releave all modes of the late game knows as jax. However, in the meantime mages with slow scepters and malphite and Nasus can act as your cortizone cream until the problem is fixed.