League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I know you guys hate HoN and all... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=290838)

RAMMUS OK 10-13-2010 03:18 PM

I know you guys hate HoN and all...

but this is something that would greatly improve community relations with riot/lol

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...d.php?t=172145

Quote:

The Report-A-Player (RAP) System is a community-based game enforcement establishment. It is run by S2Games with the strong support of volunteer Game Masters (GM) who devote their free time to improving your everyday game experience. Problematic players who have broken one of the official Heroes of Newerth Conduct Rules may be submitted via the RAP form in-game for review. The GMs will then scour through the reports and rule on each case. Offending players are then automatically punished by the RAP system

Aftermath
Once you have reported a player, you will be sent confirmation of your report at the email address attached to your account. At this point, the GMs will handle your report. Because an individual's account information and status are private to himself, you will not be notified of the outcome of your report. However, in the future, we will be building in a feature that will notify you when your report has been resolved.

Punishment
Sentencing is performed automatically by the RAP System, and is calculated based on the type of offense and the frequency of guilty reports. Punishment can range from a warning to a multiple-week suspension depending on the above factors. GMs have no control over individual punishment--their role is limited to deciding whether a suspect is guilty or not guilty of the charges brought against him.
They then update every week the suspension statistics. RIOT doing this would show the community that they are doing something.

Quote:

Average Reports Submitted Per Day (9/30-10/6): 869
Average Reports Resolved Per Day (9/30-10/6): 1272

Total Suspensions Given: 707
Suspects Guilty: 27%

Cmndr Bunbun 10-13-2010 03:21 PM

This is a great idea, and you have data that seems to be correct, this should be implemented imo

Ginnosaji 10-13-2010 03:25 PM

RAPe

jk

this could be a great idea :)

haxyou 10-13-2010 03:33 PM

I don't really feel like being judged by 14 year olds.

Gormashnit 10-13-2010 03:36 PM

This is an idea I feel could only be implemented fairly when moderators can "review the footage" and make impartial decisions based on that....

Otherwise it's just he said she said shennanigans.

ILoveCuteStuff 10-13-2010 03:37 PM

So basically this is just the report system thats already in place except it sends you an e-mail to confirm you reported the person?

Oh and it has some sort of stats page.

doesn't sound too difficult to do. good idea

RAMMUS OK 10-13-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveCuteStuff (Hozzászólás 3437121)
So basically this is just the report system thats already in place except it sends you an e-mail to confirm you reported the person?

Oh and it has some sort of stats page.

doesn't sound too difficult to do. good idea

The stats page is the important one. We don't know if RIOT is actually doing anything about our reports

Baksteent 10-13-2010 03:43 PM

I WANT THIS.

I am quite sure RIOT does NOTHING with our reports, this would force them do start working on it.

RAMMUS OK 10-13-2010 03:50 PM

up

DemonicTrashcan 10-13-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gormashnit (Hozzászólás 3437081)
This is an idea I feel could only be implemented fairly when moderators can "review the footage" and make impartial decisions based on that....

Otherwise it's just he said she said shennanigans.

They don't have the time to review footage even if there was replays. Unless they wanted to hire 200 more employees who have the tedious job of watching every **** replay of a report when half of them are someone just butthurt over some *** insulting them over the internet.