League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Thoughts on Raveneous hydra (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2908063)

Jontoc the Great 12-15-2012 06:12 PM

Thoughts on Raveneous hydra

Its one of the best items in the game since the 75 damage is really nice the life steam and the cleave ability is really useful in team fights. the life steal and the health regen plus life steal makes it ideal for a tank or ad jungler. what are your thoughts and what do you think is the best item.

IonDragonX 12-15-2012 08:27 PM

Every melee can use it to great effect. I especially like to use it to jungle in place of a Machete upgrade.

Zed is an interesting champ with this. He can use the Hydra to get another 100% AD into his ult. Because it only lasts 3 seconds, it's speed really helps.

TheLastSavior 12-17-2012 11:02 AM

It's a great item for AD Bruisers as well especially ones who have a on hit single target ability like Nasus or Poppy who can use this to a great extent.

Also try mixing it with Iceborn Gauntlet for dangerous Aoe damage for your mana type champions.

DarkenDragon 12-18-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastSavior (Hozzászólás 32539197)
It's a great item for AD Bruisers as well especially ones who have a on hit single target ability like Nasus or Poppy who can use this to a great extent.

Also try mixing it with Iceborn Gauntlet for dangerous Aoe damage for your mana type champions.

This item does not apply the damage amplifiers to attacks, so nasus and poppy do not get an increased damage on their aoe with hydra

Peligrad 12-18-2012 08:06 AM

That's only partly true.

It does work with Nasus to an extent.

If your Q's attack results in multiple minions dying then he gets the +3 for each...the bonus skill damage does not get applied in AoE though, that much is true.

So, it does help Nasus farm Q, even if it doesn't splash the skill damage...

That said...I wouldnt build it on nasus...and I wouldn't play nasus in ranked currently...

RadiantWings 12-18-2012 10:24 AM

I've built it a few times, but the delay on the active is a bit awkward and since it works best on auto-attack champs I feel conflicted if I try it on an AD caster over Bloodthirster.

Maybe if it gave spellvamp with lifesteal (or had another passive that converts lifesteal into spellvamp) I'd take it. It's handy for split-pushing no matter who you are though.

DESSSILATOR 12-18-2012 08:34 PM

same as season 2 tiamat........................dont build it

basically the same item as season 2 but with a measly 10% lifesteal which is 10 life per 100 damage, which is negated by something as simple as red buff. if you plan on being a factor late game ud have cleaver blood thirst and last whisper combined with MR and Armor/health.

hydra is noob bait item with the only use on owning nothing but minions

Martyrofsand 12-18-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DESSSILATOR (Hozzászólás 32599149)
same as season 2 tiamat........................dont build it

basically the same item as season 2 but with a measly 10% lifesteal which is 10 life per 100 damage, which is negated by something as simple as red buff. if you plan on being a factor late game ud have cleaver blood thirst and last whisper combined with MR and Armor/health.

hydra is noob bait item with the only use on owning nothing but minions

Um can't say I agree with this when I bought it on Shyvana, dragoned into 3 people to insta-gib Teemo only for the Singed and Pantheon he was with to be at half health when I was done with him.

While it's not a be all end all item it can really wreck some people on the right ones.

Faerous 12-19-2012 02:45 AM

Fiora. GP.

Peligrad 12-19-2012 04:47 AM

Hydra isn't a very good item tbh...

It's usable on say Yi, Fiora, Tryndamere, GP...

But none of those champions are worth playing....at all...

There has been a little spark of interest on Yi, because his jungler is now stronger...but lets face it...AD melee carry isn't competitive...

What you possibly gain in late game back door potential, and objectiving speed, you lose with their terrible team fight performance and the fact that neither jungle (ganking) or their dueling is strong in the lane phase...

The only person I've seen do well with on built is Noct...and its situational for when he gets ahead and can build such a glass cannon item...