League of Legends Community
12345 ... 9

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Diana Nerf - A bit drastic (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2899819)

Phishing for Urf 12-13-2012 05:57 PM

Diana Nerf - A bit drastic

Hello everyone in the league of legends community, this is my first post on the LoL forum ,and it is to address the big Diana nerf that came out with the patch recently.

Recent Diana Nerfs
Quote:

Diana
Crescent Strike:
Base damage reduced to 60/95/130/165/200 from 70/110/150/190/230
Pale Cascade:
Orb detonation damage radius reduced
Adjusted orb hit box to better match the visual effect
Moonfall:
Maximum pull distance reduced
Lunar Rush:
Cast range reduced to 750 from 900

I will first start my post with two questions:
1. Is it possible for Riot to take back nerfs to champions, such as Diana's ultimate range?
2. Do you believe the nerfs to Diana were reasonable? If not, which ones were reasonable, and which ones weren't?

My opinion:
Diana is my FAVORITE champion. There is no champion I enjoy playing more then Diana, or at least she used to be. I recently bought a skin for her. I rarely buy skins for champions, unless I love them. I didn't necessarily love Diana because she was OP, but rather because I liked her tanky-assassin play style. I personally believe she is completely ruined as a champion now. I agree she was a bit OP, I agree with the Crescent Strike nerf, and I could live with the pale cascade nerf, even though I don't believe it was an issue. But the Moonfall range nerf was absolutely absurd, and the ultimate range nerf was outrageous. Never have I heard someone say "OMG, moonfall diana = op, I can never get away because she always pulls me back from such a far range" - I never even thought of this being an issue. I already believed it wasn't the best ability, and nerfing this just made it worse. I could still play Diana after those three nerfs, the one that bothered me the most was the ultimate range nerf. She can no longer play the same way she used to. Half the time, she won't even be able to get her ulti off since it has less range the crescent strike now, meaning that once crescent strike is hit, unless the enemy is faster, she won't even get to ulti on them.

Summary:
- Crescent strike nerf I agree with
- Cascade nerf, I disagree with, but could live with
- Moonfall nerf, I believe is dumb, and moonfall was fine the way it was
- Lunar rush nerf, I will have to stop playing Diana, she isn't what she used to be with this nerf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Apparently the Cascade nerf makes it so you have to walk behind a person or near a person to hit them, since it has less range then your auto-attack. It would be great if someone could confirm this myth.

EDIT: Another issue that came up is the ulti nerf limited Diana's escape routes, for example she can no longer ulti to baron.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Common consensus so far: (According to comments)
The Diana Nerf was overboard. Most people seem to agree with the damage nerf, but that seems to be it.

I have to leave you fellow summoners now to study for my Exams tomorrow. Hopefully this topic will spark a good discussion between fellow passionate Diana lovers. Thanks.

JustMyBassCannon 12-13-2012 06:01 PM

Her ult range nerf was a bit stupid, considering her Q range is now longer than her R range. I guess that means if someone's stupid enough to charge headlong towards Diana, she can take advantage of that...

Cycloned 12-13-2012 06:10 PM

I agree with Cannon. Her R should not have been nerfed, it's range is way too low to make any sense now. However, I feel that the other nerfs are fair.

RadiantPyrophore 12-13-2012 06:14 PM

That's a fvcktarded set of nerfs. She's basically as useful as Akali now, that is to say, coordination will totally remove her from decent+ elo play. Where a single pink ward and summoner who knows how to use it totally remove Akali from team fights.

They literally nerfed every single one of her skills, a type of nerf which is ALWAYS a moronic backlash-nerf move to cater to hordes of bads screaming their nubliness over the nets.

Neo Cyrus 12-13-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cycloned (Hozzászólás 32407944)
I agree with Cannon. Her R should not have been nerfed, it's range is way too low to make any sense now. However, I feel that the other nerfs are fair.

How does the Moonfall nerf make sense? Any nerf to its range makes it melee range, literally. Meaning they are already in front of you, so what's the point of it being a pull if it can't pull anything towards you that's 1 step away?

Now you all know why they put Diana on sale twice in a row.

Invictrix 12-13-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7Cyrus7 (Hozzászólás 32409335)
How does the Moonfall nerf make sense? Any nerf to its range makes it melee range, literally. Meaning they are already in front of you, so what's the point of it being a pull if it can't pull anything towards you that's 1 step away?

Now you all know why they put Diana on sale twice in a row.

I feel like I lost 6300 ip with this patch. I am glad her one skin was so ugly that I never bought it.

Scaevolus 12-13-2012 06:54 PM

I agree with OP regarding the nerf to Lunar Rush. Everything else I'm not that concerned about...but her whole dynamic with Q/R combo is turned upside down. She has no escape mechanics besides using her ult to rush to a revealed unit using moonlight from Q, and her damage reach is severely limited now. She's an AP champion. Let her keep the range.

FreakinEpic808 12-13-2012 06:57 PM

Im glad, anytime a blatantly overpowered champion gets nerfed like this it makes me feel fuzzy inside.
But really, diana still has hard cc and a shield, two things that most assassins wish they had. I think she will still be viable but definitely wont have a 94% ban rate.

Neo Cyrus 12-13-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Invictrix (Hozzászólás 32409453)
I feel like I lost 6300 ip with this patch. I am glad her one skin was so ugly that I never bought it.

I lost IP and RP. I want a refund but I only have 2 refunds left, and I have a feeling sending in a support ticket is going to result in them replying with a resounding "**** you, use your only 2 refunds". This is worse than deleting a character, at least then they wouldn't leave its dead body behind to mock you.

JustMyBassCannon 12-13-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArcaneUnleashed (Hozzászólás 32409717)
Im glad, anytime a blatantly overpowered champion gets nerfed like this it makes me feel fuzzy inside.
But really, diana still has hard cc and a shield, two things that most assassins wish they had. I think she will still be viable but definitely wont have a 94% ban rate.

inb4 Diana's a fighter, not an assassin.