League of Legends Community
12345 ... 10

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Riot, I would like some clarification on the Teemo nerfs (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2899664)

Yfrappefort 12-13-2012 05:16 PM

Riot, I would like some clarification on the Teemo nerfs

As you guys know, Teemo got nerfed :

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morello (Hozzászólás 32395802)
Teemo
  • Toxic Shot
    • Ability Power ratio on impact reduced to 0.3 from 0.4
  • Noxious Trap
    • Damage reduced at later ranks to 200/325/450 from 200/400/600

I'll try to explain the nerfs to the best of my understanding. They nerfed his mushrooms because of two things :

a) Liandry's Torment synergized too well with his mushrooms
b) Oracle duration being reduced to 5 minutes

Now, I have three questions for Riot.

1. If the mushrooms did too much damage (assuming they really did), why not nerf the AP ratio instead of the base damage?

In season 3, we were told that items and mastery would increase build diversity and play style.

However, with the nerf to the base damage of the mushrooms, it penalizes even further anyone who is not playing AP Teemo. Not everyone play AP Teemo (he can also be played on-hit, bruiser, hybrid, etc.) nor does everyone build Liandry's Torment. By doing this, you are narrowing Teemo players to play only AP, since any other build will be less effective.

2. Xypherous told us that, with the new Runaan's Hurricane item, he would love to see Teemo become an "aoe mage". If so, then why nerf the AP ratio on his E, his main source of damage?

I think Teemo's issue is that his poison does too much damage early, and not enough end game. Then why nerf his AP ratio and make Teemo's late game even more unstable instead of adjusting the early game number? His short range makes him already hard to even use as an aoe mage to begin with.

3. Why would you nerf a champion solely because of items?

Let's face it, the only reason Teemo is getting nerfed is because of some of the new items. I think nerfing a champion based on the items a player MIGHT get is a very bad move. If anything, the item should be nerfed, not the champion.

I'dd love some clarification on these nerfs, because I just don't understand them, and I think they go against the philosophy that Riot wanted to instore in season 3, which is to improve player’s choice, and not reduce them.

I'll also leave a link to another very valid post featuring some issues about the nerfs : http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ghlight=runaan

One of the quote included in this post :

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry13aals (Hozzászólás 32378382)
It's the perfect example of a QQ nerf instead of one based on actual champion strength. "New S3 items made him OP" - then where are the Riven/Talon/Urgot/Veigar/LB nerfs? If the on-hit items were too much, nerf his E by itself. Liandry's + mushroom? If you're balancing Teemo around getting that item, you're pretty much forcing all Teemos to build Liandry's in order to not be playing an underpowered champ.

Some baits for the live team : Solcrushed, Xypherous, Statikk, Classick, Meddler, FeralPony, Scarizard, Roku, Geeves, SmashGizmo

Torchlyte 12-13-2012 05:40 PM

Agreed on all points, great post.

Personally I played onhit and bruiser Teemo, both of which did not need the shroom nerf.

Yfrappefort 12-13-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torchlyte (Hozzászólás 32406721)
Agreed on all points, great post.

Personally I played onhit and bruiser Teemo, both of which did not need the shroom nerf.

Thank you, and agreed on your point.

Tesla21 12-13-2012 05:46 PM

Because everyone wanted Teemo deleted. Riot couldnt officially delete him so they made sure no1 would play him ever again.

Quintessence 12-13-2012 05:47 PM

Teemo needed the nerfs due to all of the power he gained with the new items/item nerfs.

edit: you kids are just butthurt that you can't abuse him anymore.

Yfrappefort 12-13-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintessence (Hozzászólás 32406969)
Teemo needed the nerfs due to all of the power he gained with the new items/item nerfs.

Abuse him? Sorry, but only bad players are getting abused by his mushrooms.

*hint* The reason we never see him in competitive *hint*

Sophia1999 12-13-2012 10:04 PM

I agree with OP, these nerfs are huge and would effectively remove teemo from usage.

At any rate, I would like a refund on the teemo skins that I have paid for. If this nerf goes ahead, it would be better to delete him so that I can get my RP back.

Any comments from staff about this would be appreciated. Right now, it seems that they have a policy of ignoring any Teemo related posts.

Averforge 12-13-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintessence (Hozzászólás 32406969)

quint im a horrible player who knows pretty much nothing about the game so please explain to me how is teemo overpowered? why is he op? what makes him so much better then every other champion in the league? im getting damned tired of these Q.Q posts that just say the same thing over and over when teemo is so damn easily countered by ANYONE

Kwisatz Haderach 12-13-2012 10:08 PM

what's funny is that they already hit both the damage and the cooldown of his shrooms in the past...are we dealing with item powercreep or something?

Dante Brimscone 12-13-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yfrappefort (Hozzászólás 32407500)
Abuse him? Sorry, but only bad players are getting abused by his mushrooms.

*hint* The reason we never see him in competitive *hint*

Solo queue can't really be compared to competitive team play. Teemo's a lot stronger in the more chaotic and often less coordinated environment random teammates creates. He did have a 52%+ winrate at the end of last season after all.

That said, this huge chunk they're taking from him seemed way too harsh, at least all at once. Why not mete it out a little at a time until he strikes a better balance?