League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Dominion Video Tutorial - Help Write It! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2898942)

DG TheFeedski 12-13-2012 02:32 PM

Dominion Video Tutorial - Help Write It!

I've been wanting to do this for a long time, but never got around to it. After seeing the thread about how badly a Dominion tutorial is needed, I decided i'll start working on one. This is going to be a lot of work, so I am going to need some help from you all, with writing it. Please post little hints/tips below that you think all new players should know. OR (even better), you can write a whole section over something (bot lane, ganking, jungle, capping, summoner spells, etc.)!

I'm still undecided if I am going to split videos up into series and try to cover things in more detail or if i'm going to make one long general Dominion tutorial and just touch the basics.

I've got quite a long flight on Tuesday so if I could at least get a basic outline up by then I will have pleeenty of time to edit the video together on the plane.

David12596 12-13-2012 02:47 PM

The biggest thing I always suggest is; if you fail to take top twice (even once for some situations), then you should try to either gank bot or go for their mid. There are just times when the enemy team has 2-3 really great defenders that are going to hold that point no matter what you do.

Other then that map awareness is important, jungle control to ambush enemies that are traveling through it and relic control, get the relics (which many people don't even take for whatever reason), stick together and work as a team, and don't run a all glass cannon no CC comp (unless your 100% sure its going to work). I'm sure i can think of a lot more, but these are the first things that came to mind fast.

NavyGothic 12-13-2012 03:10 PM

I think the idea of weekly tutorials would be excellent. There's way too much info and strategy to cram into a single video and expect newbies to take it all in, but if you focus on each topic in a separate video then you're providing a nice learning curve.

A few suggestions;

1. General map mechanics introduction
2. What is the "4 Top, 1 Bot" meta?
3. Team composition
4. Itemisation - why you shouldn't use the same build in every game
5. Map control - why sitting on a tower isn't always the best defense
6. Why people who play Teemo deserve to burn in the pits of hell for all eternity

David12596 12-13-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyGothic (Hozzászólás 32400223)
6. Why people who play Teemo deserve to burn in the pits of hell for all eternity

:(

Cless 12-13-2012 04:28 PM

1. General map mechanics introduction

Health relics spawn at 2 minutes, they also recover a decent amount of mana.

Storm Relics spawn at 3 minutes in the middle of the map. It gives a shield and a lightning zap every...uh..3?4? spells/abilities/autoattacks?

A Neutral turret reveals stealth for both teams.

You can interrupt a champion from capturing a point by doing damage to him/her/it. If it's a neutral turret, then you can click on the turret to interrupt ALL enemies capturing it.

Champion deaths take away 2 Nexus health until nexus reaches 100 and then, only having more turrets will bring down Nexus health.

Getting a quest objective turret takes away 20 Nexus health and also gives you a 10% (i think, don't remember) damage buff to all your teammates who are alive.

I'll think of some more later.

Edits:

Windmill is the top point, Refinery is mid left, Quarry is bottom left, Boneyard is bottom right, and Drill is mid right.

There is a thin strip of Fog of War on both exit ramps from your base, use them to sneakily get across the map, especially for ganks.

hollowtek 12-13-2012 04:42 PM

don't forget to add lots of pie. people like pie.

Zenthien 12-13-2012 05:47 PM

Yea, would definitely try to point out the importance of sticking to the fog of war and using speed shrines to set up more efficient ganking. Also would probably go with the small series of videos. If you need anyone to join custom matches to help show things like positioning and the like, just let me know and if I'm on I'll contribute some pixels.

Infirc 12-13-2012 05:52 PM

Don't go into the botlane brush if you are against a skillshot champion, there are many reasons for this, First he's likely to see when you enter it and will shoot there for free harass and Second it will make you Forfeit relic control which is important during the early game if you are an Ad or are starting the haunting guise route as an Ap.

Yohnski 12-13-2012 06:03 PM

You really should do an entire video on Capping points. It's one of the things I see people do poorly the most and it's really easy to fix. A list of things to touch on

- Stopping caps on neutrals by capping yourself
- Stopping the turret from attacking by capping during a dive
- Positioning yourself to avoid long range poke (especially relevant at top)
- Using DoTs for long term cap stopping (this one is weird, because from what I can tell some DoTs stop caps for their entire length, others for only the first tick)
- When capping with multiple people spreading out to avoid attacks
- Zoning while a teammate is capping
- Utilizing the scoreboard and minimap when capping to predict enemy interruptions (I know the capping animation is pretty, but you can avoid a lot of problems by keeping an eye out)

You can probably fit all that into 5 minutes or less and I think it'd be extremely informative, especially those in the middle elo range.

Infirc 12-13-2012 07:04 PM

Feedski, can you link us to the gd topic please?, maybe we can rescue it as a community:3,a fter all all of us owe you big time :D