League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   That's right, Another TT petition. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2897356)

SharkAttk 12-13-2012 12:29 AM

That's right, Another TT petition.

I have been playing league since the start, and i have really only played 3v3s with 2 of my closest friends. And we have all shared the dream of being up on that league of legends news as "TT Tournament Us vs. Others!" we want to become "well known" in the League community as the best team in Twisted Treeline. But that dream is stripped from us because SR is the only focus for tournaments.

What i am trying to get at here is that, with the new updates to TT and the attention its starting to get from other players and riot, is there in any way that there might be a tournament scene coming to the twisted players? and if not, WHY would you not open your minds for our happiness and let players enjoy what you have brought to them?

You guys have three maps and only ONE gets attention with the thought of getting "famous" for playing that map. I know it seems like nobody would join the 3s scene but i promise you that there are players that enjoy TT a lot more then SR...

Please Riot, Help some people live a dream without needing to feel obligated to play one map and not have fun with it, and then go play the other map and have fun and want to play more, then just have there feelings crushed by SR and people telling you that what you do in 3s does not matter just because it is not SR.....

As a conclusion, I understand trying to balance things out for more then one map is tough, but i think that if you put the same attention to all 3 maps or just 2 it would benefit you guys financially and socially as well.

Help us enjoy your map while you show us that you enjoy it as well.

Edit1, We are gathering a nice following, keep up the comments and thumbs up people. LET THIS BE SEEN!

Edit2 This Summoner has a nice idea on how to get 3s a little more "involved" and a great idea to get 3s a better following http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2903652

Edit3 In an attempt to get a larger view of my thread, i have moved this thread to GD... come vote and help keep it bumped over there people, let this be heard http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2912526

JackRipper21 12-13-2012 12:41 AM

I agree, i believe we should have the same chance at fame as 3s players as SR players.

Strkn019 12-13-2012 01:07 AM

Do Want.

vBlazed 12-13-2012 02:47 AM

you should put this on General Discussion so that more people can see it cause not as many people use tt forums whether they play it predominately or not

moneypouch 12-13-2012 02:57 AM

I'm not really sure what you are asking for.

Riot does not decide what you become "famous" for. Tournaments are run for formats that will generate views. For there to be a 3v3 tourney we need to show that the viewership is out there and can rival 5s.

How do you do that? Start a stream and build a viewerbase.

TL;DR: Its on you not riot.

Redenbacher 12-13-2012 03:50 AM

Well, before any of the other game modes can be taken seriously from a competitive standpoint, they need to be balanced. That's going to take time.

I think, over the next 3-6 months, we're going to see TT and Dominion approach much more balanced states of play. Once that happens, and shoutcasters can start streaming tournaments seriously, you'll see the playerbase start to fragment. The population of TT and Dominion players will rise and ranked can be implemented properly without absurdly long queue times once you get above 1800-2k Elo.

That's when the competitive scene will explode. I'd argue that once you have a 70/30 split between SR vs. Dominion and TT, you'll see all three modes at major eSports events. Maybe even at an 80/20 split.

We have a lot of work to do before we get there though, so hang tight!

I'm curious what RiotNome's vision is for TT and Dominion's competitive future, and if the long term goal is, in fact, eSports air time and official support by Riot's marketing arm. How cool would it be to have Triathlon tournaments, where teams do a best of three on SR, Dominion, and TT?

To answer the OP's question; In short, yes. They should support all three maps. In the immediate future, however, the primary focus must be on SR while TT/Dominion achieve comparably balanced states of play.

SuperSobotka 12-13-2012 03:59 AM

psst its because SR is what this game is balanced around

not TT

not dom

Redenbacher 12-13-2012 04:03 AM

Well that is obvious, but that is changing.

I don't remember where it was stated, but Nome mentioned that Riot has identified a framework with which to balance the other modes in conjunction with SR. I don't know for certain how that will happen, but I expect it to be accomplished through global buffs/debuffs, itemization, and 'obtainable' buff balancing (for example, adding Rage and Energy to health shrines on Dominion).

RoketPoweredFilo 12-13-2012 05:27 AM

I'd be happy with having some 3v3 spotlight games instead of all 5v5 and the occasional Dom popping on the clients choice of spectates.

Redenbacher 12-13-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xilendra (Hozzászólás 32384818)
I'd be happy with having some 3v3 spotlight games instead of all 5v5 and the occasional Dom popping on the clients choice of spectates.

I agree here as well. They really need to flesh out that interface, and add TT to the roster. I'd love to spectate some high-level TT games.