League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Poppy Laning (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2897187)

Ive Seen Footage 12-12-2012 11:45 PM

Poppy Laning

I'm not saying this because she's underplayed, but Poppy literally has no viable lane. She's below average top, bot, and jungle. Middle is a joke.

She falls below on cs almost no matter what, her only decent skill for support is her E which is only a stun in certain cases, as an adc she's outfarmed and out harassed to even get xp sometimes, on top she can beat some burst champions, but thats after level 6.

Jungle is a bit better but she doesn't have alot of gank potential besides tower diving(Which I admit, can be really helpful at level 6.)

The only way I see her being very useful is if you rework her skills to work for either AD or AP(more efficiently). Her AP scales are horrible and she doesn't really scale with AD at all.

This isn't to say she is a bad champion, she just lacks a decent place in the laning phase. Late game she generally tends to be very useful.

Ideas? Criticism? Please be constructive and avoid terms like, "Well you don't play her right, you're a noob hur dur idiot."

StompingOrphans 12-12-2012 11:53 PM

See Spamhappy @ LolKing.net. Nuff said. Poppy is terrifying when played right.

Ive Seen Footage 12-12-2012 11:57 PM

Seen him, still better champions out there.

Well that's debatable.

But anyone can play anyone using unorthodox methods.

StompingOrphans 12-13-2012 12:03 AM

skill>champion practice with poppy and you will get better

Ive Seen Footage 12-13-2012 12:15 AM

I've been playing poppy for 4 months, she's not one of those champions that's underrated, she's genuinely underpowered.

StompingOrphans 12-13-2012 12:21 AM

i rarely lose a game with her

PogoPogoPogoPogo 12-13-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StompingOrphans (Hozzászólás 32380540)
i rarely lose a game with her

Same here...

first time Vayne 12-13-2012 12:52 AM

I rarely lose games with Poppy too. She's got a tough laning phase, but as long as you manage to get through that with decent cs and without dying, you can become a beast. Learn how to cs well with her funky autoattack and Q animations, and you'll make it to mid game just fine. Then you have to learn all the tricks she can pull off with her ult... Those are fun.

In short, she has a tough laning phase / early game because she has a beast mid game and even better late game. She is one of those champs that start out relatively weak but scale very well.

Dozen Twenties 12-13-2012 03:39 AM

Poppy's ult and push is powerful enough to make up for the weird laning. Especially good during mid game when towers are still up...

Her ult is really quite unbelievably useful.

Sephïroth 12-13-2012 08:11 AM

OBVIOUSLY you guys are playing her wrong. I'm not a poppy player, but I have a friend who's a Poppy player. He's the only person of ALL of my friends who scare me in top lane.

That said, her early game is terrible. Also, her farming ability is BLECH! Once you figure out how to overcome both of those, you become a terrifying Poppy.

Here's what makes Poppy scary:

Her passive makes all damage halved if it does more than 10% of her current health (So essentially the lower her health the tankier she becomes)

She has a devasting combo if you're anywhere near a wall, and she'll walk away un damaged if she isn't going to straight kill you.

She has an ultimate that will allow you to completely delete an enemy carry that's in a team fight and isn't just balls to the wall mobile.

She has an ultimate that allows her to tower dive anyone.

She has a massive speed boost to allow her to get in and get out.

Late game Poppy is retardedly powerful and can carry a game on her shoulders.

Poppy isn't popular because her early game is a very mundane pace, and aside from killing people who do not understand poppy, Is just passive farm.