League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   How often does the Tribunal take "this guy's a hacker!" reports seriously? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2897185)

Yousonerfed 12-12-2012 10:45 PM

How often does the Tribunal take "this guy's a hacker!" reports seriously?

Topic.

BillyTheAttorney 12-12-2012 10:54 PM

I don't when I see it? But I would have to see it in most of the reported games I'm viewing to believe it to be a possibility.

If someone is really hacking you shouldn't report it to the Tribunal anyway. You should make a support ticket with pictures, a LoL Replay, or just the time and date of the game for them to review.

If I see "This guy was hacking" from the enemy report, that says to me they're angry more likely than not. I've also seen people mistake the "Graves Smokescreen" FPS killer, and teamfight stutters be accused as "hacks."

I might take "this guy was hacking" from an allied team more seriously - especially if the "hacker's" score is something silly. But still, can't see it in Tribunal and a support ticket is more effective in finding hackers and exploit abusers.

Riot gives out special "do not pass go, do not collect $200" permas to hackers they catch.

Mpalm 12-13-2012 05:13 AM

Never.

Mark of Stark 12-13-2012 05:15 AM

Never, we cant verify

S0T0 12-13-2012 06:36 AM

I've been reported for "hacking", was before case system thought. Reason was; Instant kill hack combo
(Playing LeBlanc XD)

Yiyo chan 12-13-2012 07:52 AM

I was gonna say exactly the same . I always get the " hacker " thing when I play LeBlanc.

But I never saw a report for hacking .. unless is the typical game with all the chat was a huge cat fight between the players and then someone reports them with a random hacker accusation out of nowhere..

Great Pyrenees 12-13-2012 09:18 AM

One of my cases today had a Miss Fortune who went 40/3 I pardoned. We cannot punish this type of thing. Only riot can, however I know for a fact that riot does monitor 3rd party applications.

Reets 12-13-2012 10:20 AM

Not much of a point in me saying this besides that it bothers me but, "hackers" shouldn't be referred to as such. Instead they should be referred to as Cheaters for a couple of reasons.

Cheaters mainly use programs that run while the game is being played and might have to press a few buttons to activate certain cheats during game-play. Cheaters simply don't play by the rules.
Hackers press many buttons at a very fast pace. The reason for the term "Hacker" is because it's like the person is hacking at the keyboard due to how fast they are typing.

Cheaters and Hackers are classifications just as much as Readers and Writers.

I understand that Cheaters can also be Hackers and Hackers can be Cheaters.
I also understand that people who create cheats are usually hackers in the common use of the term.

I don't expect this post to change anything even though I'd appreciate it if people were to say Cheater instead of Hacker in future discussions.

I suppose I should state that I wrote this post because I was bored and it made me feel better having wrote it. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. :D

Sereg Anfaug 12-13-2012 10:54 AM

Never.

Getsuei 12-13-2012 01:32 PM

I have seen it a few times, usually when someone says Zilean is hacking and uses his ultimate twice to revive himself in like 20 seconds(then you look at his items and he has a GA. . .)