League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Leveling up skills by clicking on the "+" changed? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2897027)

Hidden Sniper 12-12-2012 09:31 PM

Leveling up skills by clicking on the "+" changed?

Sometimes I will click the "+" above a skill, only to find it didn't level up either in the middle of a fight or a few seconds after I tried to level it up. Did they change the hitbox/way you level up skills? I can see something stupid like "It levels up on mouse release instead of on press/click." (though I'm not sure if that is what changed, if anything has).

This has been REALLY annoying me recently. I'm wondering if I'm the only one this has been happening to. xP

Thezyzyva 12-13-2012 10:53 AM

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it either, probably because most people use the keyboard shortcut for it. I have a hard time with that though on account of my tiny tiny hands, and the clicks not registering drives me insane.

My guess is it's mostly a lag/fps issue. I'm normally at a little over 100 ping and get it about 30% of the time, and my friends ping is fine but his fps is awful and he gets it a ton as well. Also it seems to happen more often when I'm in combat, which would point to an fps issue.

Not sure why it got 10x worse with the new HUD though. It's definitely a problem though, especially when you need your ult right when you get it.

Would love to hear from some others, especially if it's happening to people who do use the keyboard shortcut. A response from boourns would be super too.

LadyAzalea 12-13-2012 12:29 PM

It's happening to me as well. Recently I have had to make mental note of it working, so I don't get stranded in mid-battle without all my attacks. Not sure what the issue is, but everything is slower for me now.

Hidden Sniper 12-14-2012 08:51 AM

No news about a fix in the most recent patch notes. (bump as well I guess)

Zielmann 12-16-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thezyzyva (Hozzászólás 32391738)
I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it either, probably because most people use the keyboard shortcut for it. I have a hard time with that though on account of my tiny tiny hands, and the clicks not registering drives me insane.

My guess is it's mostly a lag/fps issue. I'm normally at a little over 100 ping and get it about 30% of the time, and my friends ping is fine but his fps is awful and he gets it a ton as well. Also it seems to happen more often when I'm in combat, which would point to an fps issue.

Not sure why it got 10x worse with the new HUD though. It's definitely a problem though, especially when you need your ult right when you get it.

Would love to hear from some others, especially if it's happening to people who do use the keyboard shortcut. A response from boourns would be super too.

fps/lag doesn't really make sense for this.

Several patches ago, Riot actually did change those buttons so that they register on mouse release rather than mouse press, and the result of that was the same. (The goal was to allow players to move the mouse off the button while holding the click to let them cancel the selection) It hit me pretty hard as well back then, as well as enough other people that Riot actually changed it back.

I would guess that the issue is something similar here, after the UI change. Granted, it feels a little better than before for me (I don't find myself missing a skill-level nearly as often). But I do notice that I still occasionally miss then. It's not as frustrating as before, and I'm getting used to it as it is now. But I still never felt like it was quite as extreme as it was last time they messed it up.

Balancer 12-17-2012 12:17 PM

happening to me too, major bump on this. it only started after the new HUD with the preseason. really annoying, because I do often level up as a fight starts or something like that, and whenever I click it in a rush it almost never registers.

Hidden Sniper 12-17-2012 01:41 PM

Yay. I'm not alone in this. I had it happen again to me today, witch caused me not to have my stun when the jungler ganked two seconds later. >_>

Transforcer 12-17-2012 06:16 PM

I'm glad that I am not the only one with this problem, however it saddens me that it is causing so many others issues too. I do not like using the key short-cut, but there have been many times where it has not registered me clicking the level up button. I really hope that they fix it soon, as, though i have had all three spells open, not clicking ones ult could ruin a combo.

UnderHero5 12-18-2012 09:59 PM

This has been happening to me constantly and has almost gotten me killed many times. Very frustrating and needs a fix.

LadyAzalea 12-20-2012 11:35 PM

Just so you know, I copied your post link into my constructive criticism post. Boours and Redboom(?) have been posting in it recently.