League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   I'm looking for "the" champion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2896628)

TheListener25 12-12-2012 07:22 PM

I'm looking for "the" champion

As the title said, I'm looking for "the" champion. I feel like there's one champion out there, that when I try it for the first few times it'll just be "this is it". I prefer melee but also like ranged. I want a champion with enough natural tankyness, so that you don't need to build health items, but can deal out the damage. Any ideas? Everything is appreciated, thanks :)

Skumbag Ryan 12-12-2012 07:24 PM

I can think of 2 champions. One is Pantheon. Damage, but health lacking. The other is Volibear. Yeah.

Akimasu 12-12-2012 07:36 PM

Pantheon is probably the most obnoxious champion I've ever fought against. He can tower dive and just walk away without taking any damage -_-. Stupid shield.

Vladimir is beefy, high damage, incredible sustain. Blitzcrank has his shield based on his mana, making him incredibly hard to kill at low levels(but this goes away later).

Cho'Gath is a MONSTER. Ridiculously high health, great damage, very powerful support to the team(via Knock up, Silence, and a stronger Smite).

Diana is an AP tank. She does lots of damage, her shield makes her very tanky - banned most games though, so if you want to play ranked I'd suggest something else.

Mordekaiser is hard to force out of lane early on, but if you build him damage he'll fall off in survival later. He can be built bruiser making him very powerful, not giving up much offense(due to his ult), while being able to safely land Mace of Spades.

Olaf, Renekton, Tryndamere, Udyr, Warwick, and Yorick are all pretty much the same roll. Bruiser - the solo top champions. All have good sustain. Can be built beefy.

Ryze naturally builds a lot of health, due to his passive. He ends up being a monster late game, very hard to kill with insane damage.

Best of luck. :)

Pobbes 12-12-2012 07:43 PM

Do you like to scream "DEMACIA!!"? Do you think spinning to win sounds like fun and mildly addictive?

Then, Garen might be the champ for you. Build one IE and then a black cleaver, then another black cleaver, then another black cleaver. After that build a fourth black cleaver and some boots. Press 'E' to win.

Phoenix0Wright 12-12-2012 08:03 PM

I'm gonna recommend Cho'Gath. He's extremely versatile and is a great pick for Top, Mid or Jungle. He has great innate tanginess thanks to the health bonus from Feast (around 1,000 extra health with six stacks at level 16; basically a free Warmogs) and good AP ratios on all of his skills. This means that his build is very flexible. Already have a tank? Build more damage. Team too squishy? Build a few defensive items. Also, few champions can boast 2 AoE CC skills and a huge True Damage nuke on a relatively short cooldown.

The first caveat I have about Cho is that he has a learning curve. Rupture may seem easy to use if you've played with or against a good Cho, but it takes a lot of practice to land it consistently. This is a problem since the cool down is pretty long and the mana cost is high, meaning you can't just spam it and hope for the best. The high mana cost and CD also apply to Feral Scream to an extent, but it's much easier to land. Lastly, because he has an underwhelming mana pool, and doesn't get his famed tankiness until level 6 at least, his early levels can be a bit rough if you don't play smart.

If you do build pure damage, hybrid defensive/offensive items are the best fits on Cho to capitalize on your bulkiness Rod of Ages, Athene's, and Abyssal are all good fits. CDR is also a must since your CDs are so long. Frozen Heart is a good choice on any Cho'Gath, since he needs the mana and CDR (which means more spell spamming) and the armor is nice to have since few AP items give the stat and it makes you ridiculously hard to kill, even if it's your only defensive item.

Also as a side note, unless you're playing Cho mid, people usually expect you to play as a tank. If you plan on building pure damage, then it would be good to let your team know beforehand.

Beardius Epicus 12-12-2012 10:01 PM

For some reason I immediately thought of lee sin, pantheon, and cho'gath. Cho'gath dosen't get tanky until he gets his feast stacked up, but he's a cheap and versatile champion that excels at mid, top and jungle. Lee sin is good straight from level one but really becomes strong at around 3. He has crazy burst damage, high utility, high mobility, and can play literally any lane. Pantheon I don't have much exp with, but he's good at diving and has good damage.

Akimasu 12-12-2012 10:16 PM

I can't believe I forgot about Shen. Shen is crazy powerful, so much so he's banned in 97% of games. lol

TheListener25 12-13-2012 02:46 AM

Thanks everyone, I think I'll try chogath, pantheon, and possibly renekton if he comes out on free week sometime soon. Thanks again to everyone who responded

Scoteecopter 12-13-2012 03:36 AM

Riven

SuperSobotka 12-13-2012 04:07 AM

learn singed, hes extra broken right now with the new items

rylais and torment makes your poison trail ****ing retarded