League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Bug Reports (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   unable to join champion select (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2895149)

Parhellion 12-12-2012 12:24 PM

unable to join champion select

This started yesterday (12/11/12) at approximately 10:30pm est
my friend and I wanted to play a bots game to get our win of the day, after the match was made and i had selected approve to join the champion select lobby, my UI went black except for the bottom set of options (chat, friends online, chat options). We decided it didn't really matter and was probably bugged so, since it was a bots game, i was content with a random champion being selected for me after the timer had worn down. From my friend's perspective it showed that i had not joined the lobby and a yellow triangle with an explanation point filled my location in the lobby. after the timer expired the free champion kassadin had been selected for me and his champion portrait appeared behind the yellow exclamation point triangle. when the second game timer finished up to start the game the lobby was closed and the "this player has disconnected form the lobby" message appeared in the notifications of my friend. My client had not exited and I had not dodged the game. we tried with a custom game but when the host started the game, all the other players joined champion select and I was stuck in the lobby where players joined the game. The same issue with the bots game was reciprocated when i attempted all the pvp formats.
I decided I'd wait it out thinking there was some sort of server issue that somehow was preventing me from doing anything, which didn't make much sense since my friend and I were using the same wireless connection in the same room. So I waited until today(about 20 mins ago) to try again. Same issue

Note: the timer that should have been added for dodging a game never occurred and i was able to consistently rejoin lobbies as if I hadn't dodged the game.

Hopefully that's enough detail. Let me know if I can help in any other way to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else (I haven't been able to find a similar post on the bug reports forum)

***UPDATE***
I ran the repair program available in the patch/news interface prior to log-in, the problem persists.
***UPDATE 2***
i can spectate games but i still can't get into champion select. spectating works as normal

Parhellion 12-12-2012 05:53 PM

this does mean I cannot play any games and I'm a little peeved that there isn't a fix for this, or even any notice. I've tried everything short of re-installing the game so I'm gunna need a little help. I'm going to try to see if it's something with my computer or what by trying to join a game on the PBE (once it finishes patching) which I have an active account for. updates to follow

Parhellion 12-12-2012 11:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
well the PBE server went down for maintenance right as my computer finished patching... I'm just going to try a complete re-install of the game but before i do... this is the latest log in my logs folder, there's quite a few errors, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem but it would be great if someone could help me in anyway.
I've also included the second most recent log, I personally can't see any correlation between the two, but I don't read code too well...

Parhellion 12-13-2012 07:22 AM

So after the reinstall the game has been working again. thanks for the "help", your repair tool doesn't work