League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I met brock lesnar (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2894859)

gankas kon 12-12-2012 09:34 AM

I met brock lesnar

My dad manages charters at the local airport. He regularly takes wwe through his business and way back when lesnar was wrestling I got to meet him when he came through the office.

The guy is a freak of nature. His shoulders are literally 9 feet wide. Literally. 9 feet wide.

His biceps are each 200 pounds of muscle and he didn't even use the door, he just walked through the wall like the kool aid man.

But no really the guy is disgustingly huge.

I thought you guys should know this information.

ThaBizness 12-12-2012 09:38 AM

That's awesome.

He's not a very friendly guy though. He's very private and to himself so he probably didn't talk much to you.

I saw him at a UFC event and he was polite, said hi, and took a picture but that was it. Majority of the other fighters will have conversations with you.

Memorylame 12-12-2012 11:35 AM

I liked Brock up until the second he spewed nonsense anti-Canada ****....and about health care of all things...coming from an American...*coughs*...

Powerstoned 12-12-2012 11:53 AM

He's got his mma training documentary onDemand. Worth watching.

ThaBizness 12-12-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerstoned (Hozzászólás 32360134)
He's got his mma training documentary onDemand. Worth watching.

I plan to check this out.

I've seen videos of him training before and there's no doubt he's a beast but I frimly believe the fact that he isolated himself to train as opposed to training with a respected camp prevented him from being a truly dominating heavyweight, possibly the greatest ever.

He had all the physical tools and drive, I just think the fact that he chose mediocre trainers and didn't train with other elite fighters to spar with, set him back.

I believe he sacrificed greatness for privacy.

I also knew after his illness (that would have killed an ordinary person) he was done. Shame too because if he got smart and stopped training in his own gym in MN he could have been pushed to greatness.

gankas kon 12-12-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaBizness (Hozzászólás 32356446)
That's awesome.

He's not a very friendly guy though. He's very private and to himself so he probably didn't talk much to you.

I saw him at a UFC event and he was polite, said hi, and took a picture but that was it. Majority of the other fighters will have conversations with you.

Yeah I was like 10 when this happened. He just said hi and said it was always good to meet fans, not much else.

I've gotten to meet other wrestlers too. Batista, great khali (fvcking giant), cm punk, triple h etc. They come to Fresno once or twice a year. Its usually only smack down but sometimes they have raw here. I've never met or seen the undertaker unfortunately. There's been a lot I've seen but couldn't meet. Saw hbk once, john cena also but they were boarding.

Rey mysterio is probably the nicest one I talked to. Said he loves Fresno because he gets enormous pops and chants here what with the huge Mexican population.

Powerstoned 12-12-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaBizness (Hozzászólás 32364318)
I plan to check this out.

I've seen videos of him training before and there's no doubt he's a beast but I frimly believe the fact that he isolated himself to train as opposed to training with a respected camp prevented him from being a truly dominating heavyweight, possibly the greatest ever.

He had all the physical tools and drive, I just think the fact that he chose mediocre trainers and didn't train with other elite fighters to spar with, set him back.

I believe he sacrificed greatness for privacy.

I also knew after his illness (that would have killed an ordinary person) he was done. Shame too because if he got smart and stopped training in his own gym in MN he could have been pushed to greatness.

I don't know, you watch his weekly workout up there in minnesota or wisconsin wherever, it sure didn't seem to be lacking. The man looked to be training to fight bears and semi-trucks. His wrestling skill was world class since college and he could dominate most everyone with the ground and pound. All the man needed to add was boxing, which he did, since he was never going to be a fast kicker.

He seemed to be doing well in the ring until we found out about his illness, which I'm sure he had been dealing with 6+ months before the announcement. I sure wished for a Lesnar vs. Fedor fight before he couldn't fight anymore.