League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Black Cleaver Needs to Be Nerfed (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2892264)

Cavil 12-11-2012 01:37 PM

Black Cleaver Needs to Be Nerfed

Now Riot I have never complained about anything in this game being overpowered or had any problems with items in the past but last night I was playing a 3's ranked match, was playing amumu and got pretty tanky but found out that there was no point in building armor because the enemy team had completely stacked black cleavers, a wukong and a nocturne stacked as many as they could. Now I switched my build from being tanky to ap because the point is stacking black cleavers will drain a tank in seconds and becomes pointless to even try to tank. Check out the team CaseoTeemo. They've done this black cleaver stack for there past 3 games. I'm assuming the tank on the other team felt the same way I did because it's impossible to get anything done against someone who when has 4 cleavers has 200 extra ad, 40% cd max, 60 flat armor pen, and to top it off a passive that lowers your armor by 7.5% for any PHYSICAL damage that had been dealt stacking to 4 times, I don't know if that means only basics or if its also rivens q or nocs q or anything like that but all I can say is, Riot if you dont fix this item there will be no variety just one item being built on every bruiser. Please Nerf the Black Cleaver because all its doing is ruining tanks and the options of different builds because they won't work against this new meta that I'm sure will happen. A suggestion to fix this is to make the flat armor pen and cd a unique passive than this item is balanced again thank you if someone actually does read this and take it into consideration.

L0rd Kenny 12-11-2012 01:51 PM

That item is over powered i was playing as cait and a talon had 4 black clevers and 2 shotted me. i never seen a item so broken in my life and history of playing league.i hope they either remove or nerf Black cleaver.

The Untold 12-11-2012 01:55 PM

There are plans to nerf it, but its not going to be enough.

Cavil 12-11-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xPr0t0typ3x (Hozzászólás 32329433)
That item is over powered i was playing as cait and a talon had 4 black clevers and 2 shotted me. i never seen a item so broken in my life and history of playing league.i hope they either remove or nerf Black cleaver.

I dont think it should be removed, its a really good item for ad casters, but it does need to be balanced i really think that if they make it a unique passive it'll solve everything

Skulleer 12-11-2012 01:59 PM

Stacking cleavers is an inefficient way to kill people. True damage doesn't mean much without AD behind it since most people just build a lot of health now. It's not the end of the world. BC is one of the least gold efficient AD items in the game.

Cavil 12-11-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skulleer (Hozzászólás 32329727)
Stacking cleavers is an inefficient way to kill people. True damage doesn't mean much without AD behind it since most people just build a lot of health now. It's not the end of the world. BC is one of the least gold efficient AD items in the game.

Well stacking health does work, to an EXTENT, but i dont think its going to go far without any resistances and a build with 4 cleavers a frozen mallet and boots seems to go a far way on people who even have 3.8k hp and when I say a far way I mean a 3 second fight before the team that stacked wins it. Also the cleaver stack gives 200 extra ad thats plenty of extra dmg behind it. Especially when abilites are doing true damage.

Galgus 12-11-2012 02:14 PM

My beef with it is how over-rounded it feels as an item.

Last Whisper is cool because it really helps against bruisers and tanks, but hurts your ability to kill squishies relative to what else you could have bought.

Black Cleaver on the other hand feels like a counter to bruisers that is also awesome against squishies. I'd like to see it lose its flat armor penetration and thus the Brutaliser from its recipe, and have its passive made unique.

Cavil 12-11-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galgus (Hozzászólás 32330204)
My beef with it is how over-rounded it feels as an item.

Last Whisper is cool because it really helps against bruisers and tanks, but hurts your ability to kill squishies relative to what else you could have bought.

Black Cleaver on the other hand feels like a counter to bruisers that is also awesome against squishies.

Exactly it should be balanced its to good of an item

Nykidemus 12-11-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xPr0t0typ3x (Hozzászólás 32329433)

Talon had FOUR end-tier items and managed to 4-shot you? OH MY GOD? AN ASSASSIN THAT IS FED AS HELL CAN DO THEIR JOB? WTF IS THE WORLD COMING TO?

xChan 12-11-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nykidemus (Hozzászólás 32331111)
Talon had FOUR end-tier items and managed to 4-shot you? OH MY GOD? AN ASSASSIN THAT IS FED AS HELL CAN DO THEIR JOB? WTF IS THE WORLD COMING TO?

2-Shot* Reading is awesome.
That pretty much made that end-game Talon ridiculous.

Their current balance to it is to make the flat armor pen unique, and the percent is going down to 6.25% a stack. If this fixes everybody's complaints, then yay. But, I wouldn't really know of what else to do to fix this item if the problem persists. I guess you could make the CDR unique too, just like the Brutalizer's.