League of Legends Community
12345 ... 11

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Who is the best jungler in Season 3? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2891578)

Outrageous Noob 12-11-2012 10:15 AM

Who is the best jungler in Season 3?

And no don't mention WW!

I'm actually looking for a better counter jungler. Because of course there isn't a jungler that is best at all worlds.
So who in the community's (Yours) mind is the best counter-jungler. I would also like if they had some good ganks.
Thanks!

All Delete 12-11-2012 12:08 PM

Nunu is pretty solid, although susceptible to jungle ganks himself due to the CD at early levels on E and Q being only neutral/minion based. Once you get past 4 or 6 and have enough for the next tier item that has a CDR, it no longer becomes an issue. (Unless enemy jungle and champs have been fed)

Also, Q is great for that counter jungle. W, then AA a few times, E, then Q then smite if you want to gtfo of there asap.

If youre able to get a fast clear and hit 6 go buy come back do a quick clear, camp one of the enemy creep camps, wait for enemy jungle, R, E profit.

I do well in premades with Jungle Nunu but in solo and randoms, its just one of the worst experience.

Why, because one of the key things to Nunu ganks is his ultimate, imho. Sometimes Ill run teleport/flash or flash/smite for ward teleport/ulti gank.

------

Shaco also has great presence early to mid game as well. Depending on the enemy jungle, take your Blue go to their red, or bush by the creep camp, wait and JitB spam, free kill + free buff.

Edit:

Should also include who you are already jungling with.

DragonOdyssey 12-11-2012 12:18 PM

Must agree with All Delete. Post the list of people who you're jungling with already so we get an understanding of your personal preferences.

Kinzeh 12-11-2012 12:28 PM

I believe Maokai is one of the strongest junglers, he may not be able to end-game carry but his CC gives great gank opportunities, he jungles very fast as well.

He tanks and has great end game utility... maybe not a good low-elo jungler but definitely essential in higher elos.

Noct and Lee are great options aswell

illidan721 12-12-2012 12:39 AM

for me, i will prefer nautilus. that aoe W, 3set of cc for pre-6 ganking, relatively fast clearing speed, just so awesome:)

XxxLumberJackxxX 12-12-2012 07:33 AM

Nautilus has a 'relatively fast' clearing speed?
The dude is slow, but works well late game with BURSTY comps since his main AoEs are single target.

Maokai also clears really slow these days, but if you focus on ganking isntead of clearing after level 3 you should be fine.

Nunu is a GREAT counter jungler. I never really liked his ganking potential though, and late game he is just a buffbot.

Nocturne is god mod. With the prevalence of wards this season everyone is overextending and its easy to abuse them with his ult.
His level 2-3 ganks against mid and top (notorious non warders) are also damn good, and his sustain is one of the best at the moment.

Coby D Morgan 12-15-2012 03:50 PM

ashe.

Guy on a bus 12-15-2012 07:04 PM

I love jungling with Elise.

1. Q (h) and Q (s) hit extremely hard (I max these, even when jungling just especially for ganks
2. teleport to enemies make ganking super easy => teleport go (h) then stun, Q , W, (s), Q, W ignite (profit)

Her clears are some of the fastest in the game, especially if you go razors. Her W atk speed combined with 500 damage occasionally is unbeatable.Then use the ward for dragon mid game, baron late game.

Guy on a bus 12-15-2012 07:05 PM

Oh yea, I clear so fast, I actually have to invade to keep a steady stream of gold/xp, and I keep up with mid in levels. I leave enemy junglers behind.

jmlinden7 12-16-2012 10:30 AM

Rengar is very strong, he clears fast with a Machete and has unstoppable ganks lvl6 and even before lvl6 if you get bush jump/bola properly. He also doesn't need blue.

Shyvana is still strong, but it's a bit hard to gank with her. Her early damage is insane and she gets super tanky the entire game. She's very easy to kite though, her ult can be stopped with CC and no other gap closers.

Nocturne and Maokai are pretty good, they have good early ganks and are useful the entire game. They also get counterjungled less now because counterjunglers lose too much health their first clear to invade safely.