League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So how do you jungle now? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2890335)

Xeromem 12-10-2012 11:33 PM

So how do you jungle now?

How do you jungle and still have health left to gank with? I find myself at 40%-30% health after doing golems before Red buff, not enough health to gank with without feeding a kill. Even amumu and rammus its practically impossible to maintain enough health to gank with. Are you supposed to load up on armor runes or keep a full defensive mastery build? Whats the deal?

Layla 12-10-2012 11:34 PM

Pick Nunu. Run through whole jungle with full hp. Kill enemy jungler.

Tezzarules990 12-10-2012 11:35 PM

Warwick is awesome in the new jungle with lots of sustain, and normally has around 80% when I gank with him

LSA 12-10-2012 11:36 PM

You can choose not to do golems early since they'll pretty much murder your health.

Phil Nye 12-10-2012 11:37 PM

tanky/support junglers are a little on the weaker side this iteration, although still doable with champs like Maokai, most will do wonders with a good leash. It means you've really got to overlap ccs/coordinate ganks better if you're lower on health.

Vakyoom 12-10-2012 11:39 PM

the new trend is to start wraith's -> red, go immediately to blue and then gank a lane. Getting an early red helps you to clear faster and lets you gank even earlier than when the were tired of junglers ganking early lol.

After many days in the jungle i figured out that if you apply constant lane pressure, get ganks and tax the lanes for you stopping by you'll get farther than if you had farmed the jungle.

With volibear i make it top before they're lvl 2 most times and its a guaranteed kill. Camp top or mid and you'll usually do well.

Also, butcher mastery is bugged, not giving the 4 dmg for either minions AND monsters on most champs.

Masa 12-10-2012 11:46 PM

Most junglers don't have the sustain to be high hp after the first clear through.

After my base path on most junglers (wolfs, blue, wraiths, wolfs, red, wraiths) i'm normally lvl 4, depending on the leash from wolves/blue i'd have atleast 70% hp and no pots remaining, there *should* be a lane to gank by then, I normally aim for mid personally, or bot if the enemy has pushed very hard.

My core junglers with s3 atm have been Lee Sin, Amumu and Riven, I normally don't have a massive issue.

xVissy 12-10-2012 11:58 PM

I find the new jungle dissapointing as a jungle main. You fall behind faster than S2, if you try doing more that a couple of ganks you will quickly fall behind. There is no gold difference till past level 11 when the game has already pretty much been decided and in solo queue your team mates will constatly come in the jungle and farm it through out the entire game making damn sure you will be reliant on a successful gank or 2 to keep up.

Go to farm Golems, ok no top taken them. Lets try wraiths .. mid got them, and mid getting blue now. Hmm what shall i farm. AH YES! the wolves! "Hey ad carry get off red till I am past level 10!"

It's doable but I think that the jungle is less fun than before. A lot more champs are not viable junglers now and you have to buy a damn machete on pretty much everyone ...

Mid Is A Feeder 12-11-2012 12:03 AM

You get wukong,you go STRAIGHT to the enemys red with 1 other person. Watch as they fight the red, and be below half hp as your sitting in the bush, as the red is nearly dead you smite it, take it and kill the other jungler. You now have double buffs and full HP, and now you either go back to your own jungle or you gank.

Its stupid effective.

Xeromem 12-11-2012 12:25 AM

I appreciate the replies. I'm pretty frustrated with this and can't figure out how enemy junglers are doing it relatively well. I'll try some of these different jungle paths. I'm used to tanky-supports like Amumu, Volibear, and Rammus. I also dabble with Nocturne but he seems like a paper doll in jungle now. I'm thinking I should learn Xin since people seem to be doing really well with him now.