League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Riot why'd u take out Heart of Gold? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2889303)

xShockerx01 12-10-2012 05:33 PM

Riot why'd u take out Heart of Gold?

Why did Riot take out heart of gold? I mean, they took out items because they were either overpowered or underpowered. This item was a real big part of either jungling or being a tank. What can i replace for this? I really thing that Riot should bring back Heart of gold. Many people use it in builds and it is a very big change. Should Riot bring back heart of gold?

JustMyBassCannon 12-10-2012 05:35 PM

It was the most used GP10 item. Saying that is truly an understatement; HP is useful on every champion in the game, and the only people who didn't benefit from Randuin's Omen were pure AP/AD carries and assassins.

It really was too effective; the buy rate for HoG was far higher than any other GP10 item.

The whole point of this patch was to shift the entire game's style again. They do that every preseason. So now you can't get Heart of Gold while jungling; just means you need to find other effective items.

Ordosan 12-12-2012 01:35 PM

if you really want HoG back that badly just buy a sight stone. it gives you hp AND a ton of free wards. so mathmatically its better than HoG

Pockets 12-12-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ordosan (Hozzászólás 32363000)
if you really want HoG back that badly just buy a sight stone. it gives you hp AND a ton of free wards. so mathmatically its better than HoG

Exactly what I was gonna say.

Yuan Shikai 12-12-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xShockerx01 (Hozzászólás 32299316)
This item was a real big part of either jungling or being a tank. What can i replace for this? I really thing that Riot should bring back Heart of gold. Many people use it in builds and it is a very big change. Should Riot bring back heart of gold?

This is exactly the problem. It was NEVER supposed to be good on junglers and tankss, it was designed SOLELY to coutneract supports gold issues, not to snowball winning junglers/bruisers/tanks even harder.

Shanalotte 12-12-2012 02:07 PM

Global GP10 increased by 4.

Sightstone has HP

Heart of Gold is still here.

Chillin 12-13-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai (Hozzászólás 32363764)
This is exactly the problem. It was NEVER supposed to be good on junglers and tankss, it was designed SOLELY to coutneract supports gold issues, not to snowball winning junglers/bruisers/tanks even harder.

Whats wrong with using those mechanics to win games?
It was an excellent technic and for some champs HOG is a staple item, like Shen/Olaf.

In another way by removing HOG they gave us more items/routes to go by, in other words windows of opportunity, so thats kinda cool. I voted yes to bring it back but i can understand the direction Riot is going with this, and in that case all i ask is the HOG icon must make a comeback prz!

Styx117 12-13-2012 07:49 PM

practically every single jungler, support and top can safely build this item AND it lets you snowball with gp10.........why would riot ever let this item come back.

Bus Driver 12-13-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai (Hozzászólás 32363764)

The gp10 items were made before supporting was even a thing. Also you must not have been around for hog stacking(HP/armor). <--- that which bruisers and tanks would do, not supports

Vuther 12-13-2012 09:02 PM

Sightstone is pretty much better than HoG ever was.