League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Something I don't get about League (Please Explain) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2889264)

Jaykoboy 12-10-2012 05:24 PM

Something I don't get about League (Please Explain)

2 Attachment(s)
Why in the world would people want to play ANYONE, whether they be Ezreal or Kayle, as a Hybrid?

Sure, they both have spells and stats that scale well off of BOTH AD and AP, but I don't see that as a reason to build a combination of both. It won't make it do mixed damage or anything.

For example, if you're playing Ezreal, his ultimate has a 100% AD Ratio, while only having a 90% AP Ratio. So, common* sense would say build it AD so it doesAttachment 572104

However, some idiots say 'Oh, it does more damage combo,' which I don't really get. So they don't buy as much AD...and buy rather meager amounts of AP...so it does less combined damage overall.

And then Kayle. Kayle, Kayle, Kayle. Most obvious example is her ability to get ranged attacks for a short period that do bonus AoE damage, as well as her base damage. Again, you SHOULD have two choices: Build AP and rely on the on-hit and AoE damage, or build AD and take a **** on them with a melee champion before they can even get within melee range.

Some idiots choose both. They do tDPS levels of damage with their actual autoattacks, and then do support levels of damage with the AoE. And they insist, while sucking, that it's better than either way.

Also, quick note; since technically Kayle is melee, is she able to buy Tiamat still?

*While it may be common knowledge that Ezreal is best build AD, since I can't play ADs to save my life, I tried out AP and prefer it by far. However, this is not what the conversation is about; I'm just mentioning I don't fully endorse AD Ezreal.

Jesus the Friend 12-10-2012 05:26 PM

Hybrid items give the best raw statistics for the gold they cost.

/thread

Jaykoboy 12-10-2012 05:27 PM

That's it?

It's just so you can buy 'more' items?

silentpartner 12-10-2012 05:39 PM

Tiamat works while kayle is melee (no E) and doesnt work when E is active

Runaans is opposite

c4lm 12-10-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaykoboy (Hozzászólás 32299089)
That's it?

It's just so you can buy 'more' items?

If you don't understand why that is a massive advantage you should probably uninstall.

Mere Intricacy 12-10-2012 05:44 PM

Akali...

Semper Damnatus 12-10-2012 05:52 PM

have you seen the new rage blade, have you seen the way i play kayle, have you seen how much i miss the old kayle passive QQ.

c4lm 12-10-2012 06:14 PM

Jax is the only real hybrid champ these days.

Semper Damnatus 12-10-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Campir (Hozzászólás 32301048)
Jax is the only real hybrid champ these days.

thats what it seems.

Jaykoboy 12-10-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Campir (Hozzászólás 32299617)
If you don't understand why that is a massive advantage you should probably uninstall.

I understand it.

It's just...I personally have seen a total of one hybrid come to fruition. Namely, Jax.

At my ELO, I don't see why people do it if it doesn't work. Maybe it's because my ELO happens to be only 1210...