League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Support letting Carry get last-hit causes... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2888511)

Revelation22 12-10-2012 02:58 PM

Support letting Carry get last-hit causes...

When playing Support I am letting the Carry, or ADC in ranked, get the last-hit on minions.

This is causing me to fall behind in levels. What should I do?

This essentially also boils down to an immediate gold problem as well. Unable to buy better gear AND supply wards.

This problem is compounded when your team does not take out a turret and instead chase kills. Further denying the Support of precious gold resources. What can be done differently?

- Kjelsauron

GON the Mage Guy 12-10-2012 03:01 PM

Unless you're away from the minions, then you shouldn't be behind.

Buy Gold Per 10 items and Gold per 10 Runes. That's how supports keep up.

Layla 12-10-2012 03:05 PM

You don't need to hit a minion to get exp from it. You just need to be within exp range when the minion dies. Supports do tend to fall behind a bit in exp because they have to run off and ward a lot, but if you're falling behind by more than a couple of levels in lane, you're standing too far away from the wave.

As for the gold issue, supports have to make up for lack of cs with gold generation runes and items. You'll inevitably have less gold than the rest of the team, but that's the burden you have to carry unfortunately.

Also, take some cs whenever your carry returns to base. If they're not nearby to pick up the gold, there's no sense in letting it go to waste.

3rdWorstPlayerNA 12-10-2012 04:27 PM

As others have said, invest in some gold/10 quints for your support rune page. If you really feel frisky, you could run some other gold runes, although I personally don't. Also, like the above have said, just stay in xp range. It can help if you turn on xp gained floating in your options to give you an idea of how close/far you can be. Also, rush a philo stone or the like for some additional gold/10.

Revelation22 12-10-2012 04:31 PM

All very excellent advice. Thank You.

In addition, one thing I am noticing while playing support, is that at around lvl 7 or 8 things usually heat up around mid. And the ADC often takes off!
At this point can I farm that lane for the rest of the wave or do I follow the ADC wherever he goes?

3rdWorstPlayerNA 12-10-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjelsauron (Hozzászólás 32295140)
All very excellent advice. Thank You.

In addition, one thing I am noticing while playing support, is that at around lvl 7 or 8 things usually heat up around mid. And the ADC often takes off!
At this point can I farm that lane for the rest of the wave or do I follow the ADC wherever he goes?

Anytime your ADC bluepills feel free to last hit, although I wouldn't push the lane solo. Also, when laning phase ends, you're going to want to be where you can do the most help ie. with your team.

GON the Mage Guy 12-10-2012 04:36 PM

Depends. Is the lane being pushed when he leaves, or are they not around? If they're not around, go mid. If you have CC, you'll be able to secure kills for the mid/ADC. If it's being pushed, may want to stay so they don't take down the tower.

3rdWorstPlayerNA 12-10-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GON the Mage Guy (Hozzászólás 32295277)
Depends. Is the lane being pushed when he leaves, or are they not around? If they're not around, go mid. If you have CC, you'll be able to secure kills for the mid/ADC. If it's being pushed, may want to stay so they don't take down the tower.

^^this.. I had misread your post and thought you meant when your ADC bluepills. It's situational, you'll get more of a feel for it. Like GON said, if they aren't around, you probably want to stick with your ADC and help him/her help mid. If they are around, you might want to defend.

Revelation22 12-10-2012 05:46 PM

I just played another game. Now this time I was leveling and everything as the carry took out creep. I currently am playing with Lulu.

Now at around lvl 5 maybe 6.. the carry got upset that I was EVEN hitting the minnions at all with my glitterlance. My CS score at this point was and remained 0 for quite some time.

My thinking was that I would damage and switch ..dmg and switch so he got cs faster...

Can someone help me better understand maybe where the player was coming from?

-Kjelsauron

RadicalEquinox 12-10-2012 06:14 PM

^^^ Everything up there is correct. You just need to stay in range for exp, and most supports just sit around in the bush for not only xp but a chance to attack the enemy if they overextend. Buy gold per 10 sec items. Also, you CAN take cs, but only if there is no other priority.

The adc was somewhat of an idiot. You weren't taking his cs, just helping him last hit faster. I dont see anything you did wrong.