League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   How is the majority voting punish for this case?? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2888398)

lolLuckylol 12-10-2012 01:27 PM

How is the majority voting punish for this case??

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5927838/#nogo

this has to be a mistake, how is this punished???

Tonaia 12-10-2012 01:33 PM

Game 5 Talon harasses Lux after she asks him to stop over committing. Like constantly harasses the lux.

lolLuckylol 12-10-2012 01:45 PM

@Tonaia:

constantly harasses lux? he informs lux that she is being annoying and if she dont stop he wil mute her and report her
Quote:

Lux [00:25:50] talon... again?
Talon [00:26:08] lux are u gonna be on my nuts all game? cos if so ur going on mute and will be reported after game
Talon [00:26:09] ur call
Quote:

Lux [00:26:31] go ahead and report. im not the one being an idiot
Twitch [00:26:38] chill guys
Talon [00:26:54] verbal harass isnt permitted nomatter how "idiot" ur allie is
Talon [00:26:59] now ur muted and after game reported
Talon [00:27:00] cya
then she doesnt stop and says
Quote:

Lux [00:30:48] sigh. this talon.....
Lux [00:30:50] so bad
Talon [All] [00:32:04] Lux NO rating, 2.5kill /5.k DEATh average- this is lux ranked stats, and hes verbal harassing me (the --- elo guy).
Talon [All] [00:32:23] please add reports after game
its obvious that lux was griefing for no reason and trying to annoy him. i feel like the response she got was fair and should not at all lead to a punish, am i missing something here?

Getsuei 12-10-2012 01:49 PM

Talon started all of those fights. Then started trying to garner the enemy to help report her when it had nothing to do with them. I would have punished also.

Tonaia 12-10-2012 01:51 PM

Threatening to report someone and telling them they will be banned is against the SC and a form of harassment. The way Talon handled the situation was wrong.

Lux wasn't in the right either but Talon's reactions were over the top. If he was going to report Lux he should have just done it at the end. There is no reason to tell someone you are reporting them. It only will cause the person to retaliate.

In other words. Telling someone you are reporting them is fishing for a reaction. It's a dick move and wrong.

The Hobo Lord 12-10-2012 01:52 PM

crowdsourcing tends to be less accurate than if cases were looked at manually, we all knew that. What Riot doesn't want us to know is that guilty players get through the cracks AND innocent players get punished.

lolLuckylol 12-10-2012 01:55 PM

ok so asking people to report somone who verbal harass you is illegal and causes suspensions. Wow that seems like a legit rule

Tonaia 12-10-2012 02:00 PM

Lol.

Lux isn't even harassing Talon. Lux makes a few minor comments then Talon threatens to report her. Gee you think it's going to devolve from there?

Talon makes a threat and keeps threatening it for the rest of the game. It's bad sportsmanship and the probable reason for the ban. If you want to know if it is acceptable to call for reports for another player, contact player support and ask them if it's okay to repeatedly tell everyone to report player X.

Getsuei 12-10-2012 02:12 PM

When I consider the "Report X for for harrasment" I look at the number of times that they ask. I also look to see if the supposed harrasment can be seen by the enemy team. One time ask? I would not personally punish. Multiple, multiple times? Yes. I would punish. Asked for the enemy to help report and they could not see the harrassment because it was done in team chat. . .

I am guessing most of the individuals who try to garner the entire team to help report someone has not read this, so let me copy and paste it for everyone:

2.Myth: All the reports in a single match stack towards Tribunal. - Fact: Whether a match results in one report or nine reports, it still only counts as one match in getting priority viewing in Tribunal. Multiple reports can still help however if they compliment each other in the clarification of what the accused might have done. For example, if witnesses on both sides can corroborate seeing a player run repeatedly into a turret (intentional feeding or assisting enemy team). Witnesses on opposing sides can describe what they saw from their individual perspectives.

Everyone reporting someone unjustly, will not make it go to the Tribunal faster. Everyone reporting someone may cause the Tribunal to look harder to see why people was getting reported for harrasment from the enemy(and find no all chat) and throw out that piece of evidence.

Phantaztick 12-10-2012 04:32 PM

You harrassed people in every game. Ban totally deserved, you behaved like a jackass. Give helpful advice to people. If they get upset and take it poorly, wash your hands of the situation and keep your mouth shut. It's just a game and you're not going to win them all. Obessing over elo and calling people kid are aggressive and condesending behaviours. If you do get a kill, don't trash talk the opposing team, it's rude. They know they died. If you wouldn't want someone to say it to you, don't say it to them.