League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Spirit of the Ancient Golem (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2888384)

Mr Conman 12-10-2012 02:22 PM

Spirit of the Ancient Golem

I think this item would be a lot more viable for bruiser and tank junglers if the Tenacity passive was changed. These junglers should almost always build Mercury's Treads anyways for the quick MR, so the Tenacity from Spirit of the Ancient Golem goes to waste. Personally, I think a slowing passive would be much better, such as a minor slow from your basic attacks, or a minor slow that is applied to an enemy when they hit you with a basic attack.

Another thing I think would help immensely dealing with items is allowing players to create their own recommended item list. It can be a bit time wasting to search for all the items you want, and this option would make things much simpler and easier, as well as catering to everyone's playstyle. I know this is a large task and probably won't make it into Season 3, but it would be very nice to see in Season 4.

Thanks.

Bastilean 12-10-2012 04:27 PM

I think you should build a Frozen Mallet if you want to slow on hit and you should build a Randuin's Omen if you want to slow enemies that hit you.

I think you build build a Spirit of the Eldar Golem if you want tenacity and you don't want mercury treads.

If you don't need a spirit stone and you are building treads, maybe get a Wriggle's Lantern. What champion are you buying for?

Beaumains 12-10-2012 04:31 PM

Actually I think it's a great component. Tanks would opt for the (cheaper) Ninja tabi for all-around immunity. They would then have less need for armor (because 10% reduction plus 25? armor comes out to a total of ~ 50 armor's worth), which yields fantastic build efficiency.

Pockets 12-10-2012 04:58 PM

Here's a suggestion from a Jungler for tanky Junglers.

Either build:
- Mercury Treads and Wriggles

Or Spirit of the Ancient Golem with:
- Ninja Tabi (For against AD heavy teams)
- Boots of Mobility (For fast initiates and ganking)
- Boots of Swiftness (To always be slightly faster and have 25% reduced slow effectiveness """ALOT OF PPL OVERLOOK THE SLOW REDUCTION""")

If you build 1 Tenacity item with the "Tenacious" mastery, you get
15%(Mastery) + (0.85)(35%) = 44.75%. tenacity (Because the mastery is multiplicatively with Tenacity)
Which is still almost half, which is great.

And if you build Boots of Swiftness with the "Relentless" mastery, you get
15%(Mastery) + 25%(Boots) = 40% reduced slow effectiveness

NOTE: Below are just numbers for mathematical purposes.

Tenacity reduces the "DURATION" of CC
(Ex: 50% slow for 3 seconds against some with 50% Tenacity = 50% slow for 1.5 seconds)

Boots of Swiftness and "Relentless" reduces the "EFFECTIVENESS" of slows
(Ex: 50% slow for 3 seconds against someone with 50% reduced slow effectiveness = 25% slow for 3 seconds)

BUT, if you have Tenacity and reduced slow effectiveness...
(Ex: 50% slow for 3 seconds against some with 50% Tenacity and 50% reduced slow effectiveness = 25% slow for 1.5 seconds)

Nea De Penserhir 12-10-2012 09:28 PM

What? Why?

It's a great tenacity item and is the sole reason that the few times I do jungle, I grab Mobies. Nothing says "Watch yo ass, lanes" like a jungler speeding through at 450 to come bring the pain to your lane.

Dark Kuno 12-11-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AphorismX (Hozzászólás 32290100)
I think this item would be a lot more viable for bruiser and tank junglers if the Tenacity passive was changed. These junglers should almost always build Mercury's Treads anyways for the quick MR, so the Tenacity from Spirit of the Ancient Golem goes to waste. Personally, I think a slowing passive would be much better, such as a minor slow from your basic attacks, or a minor slow that is applied to an enemy when they hit you with a basic attack.

Another thing I think would help immensely dealing with items is allowing players to create their own recommended item list. It can be a bit time wasting to search for all the items you want, and this option would make things much simpler and easier, as well as catering to everyone's playstyle. I know this is a large task and probably won't make it into Season 3, but it would be very nice to see in Season 4.

Thanks.

Actually with the trend of junglers going mobility boots for better jungle and map pressence, I do think its nice to have Tenacity on a jungler item like this.

Axzarious 12-11-2012 04:03 PM

For most champions I find little incentive to use something OTHER than Spirit of the Ancient Golem regardlss of the champion I am playing. The other two items feel a little lackluster compared to it, and if using them for offense there always feels like there is a far better choice available.

Naokazu 12-11-2012 07:03 PM

I'm confused why it doesn't grant CDR or mana regen, Spirit of the Lizard Elder grants the damage from red buff, so why doesn't this give some part of blue buff?