League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Let's be real - the tribunal is broken (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2888263)

ixDrAGoN 12-10-2012 12:49 PM

Let's be real - the tribunal is broken

Allow me to go over my (further) explanation as to why it's broken

1) If someone (somehow) makes it to the tribunal, even by false reports, they'll be punished 99.99% of the time.
2) If someone has THOUSANDS of honor, and makes it to the tribunal, the honor is not taken into account
3) Someone can be hacked and reported, if they make it to the tribunal, the fast change in IPs are not taken into account.
4) People get away with racism in the tribunal
5) I've seen people get PERMANENTLY suspended for calling someone a noob in their tribunal report. (yes, they had past warns, but "noob" isn't a reason to be reported).

That's just the beginning, this list will be added to daily.

Last week, my friend, who has $1120 on his account, plus has brought in over 300 LEGITIMATE refferals, had 1446 total honor, and who almost never broke a single rule got permanently suspended for one report. The report? He said "gg noobs" at the end of a game. All that gone because of that. That's not offensive in the slightest.

LittleDi 12-10-2012 12:56 PM

1: No, if they make it into the tribunal with only false reports they get pardoned. It's happened before.
2: Honor does not give you a free pass to be dishonorable.
3: I have never seen someone actually get banned by the tribunal if hacked. I have seen someone claim it was a hacker when it wasn't in the past.
4: Those same people will end up in the tribunal again, and will eventually get their punishment.
5: Permabans are reviewed over the entire history of the account.

You then produce the most comical statement I've ever seen. My friend has paid money, and thus should be immune to having their behavior reviewed. Or referrals, or honor.

Post his reform card and we can give you the real reason why he was voted punished in that reform card.

PogoPogoPogoPogo 12-10-2012 12:59 PM

Are people who don't deserve to be banned getting banned?

ixDrAGoN 12-10-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleDi (Hozzászólás 32289046)
1: No, if they make it into the tribunal with only false reports they get pardoned. It's happened before.
2: Honor does not give you a free pass to be dishonorable.
3: I have never seen someone actually get banned by the tribunal if hacked. I have seen someone claim it was a hacker when it wasn't in the past.
4: Those same people will end up in the tribunal again, and will eventually get their punishment.
5: Permabans are reviewed over the entire history of the account.

You then produce the most comical statement I've ever seen. My friend has paid money, and thus should be immune to having their behavior reviewed. Or referrals, or honor.

Post his reform card and we can give you the real reason why he was voted punished in that reform card.

1. Clearly not, I've seen cases upon cases upon cases when there's just one report and it's often punished.
2. I never said it did, but it should play in to the whole banning thing
3. The people who vote cannot tell. They have no access to IP logs.
4. I certainly hope so.
5. Fully aware of that.

Never said someone should be immune for any reason, but there are things that need to factor in - not saying money is one of them, but honor definitely is.

gnfnrf 12-10-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ixDrAGoN (Hozzászólás 32288788)

1) If someone (somehow) makes it to the tribunal, even by false reports, they'll be punished 99.99% of the time.

Please don't make up numbers.

Quote:

Last week, my friend, who has $1120 on his account, plus has brought in over 300 LEGITIMATE refferals, had 1446 total honor, and who almost never broke a single rule got permanently suspended for one report. The report? He said "gg noobs" at the end of a game. All that gone because of that. That's not offensive in the slightest.
Please don't refer to specific cases without linking Reform Cards.

LittleDi 12-10-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ixDrAGoN (Hozzászólás 32289187)
1. Clearly not, I've seen cases upon cases upon cases when there's just one report and it's often punished.
2. I never said it did, but it should play in to the whole banning thing
3. The people who vote cannot tell. They have no access to IP logs.
4. I certainly hope so.
5. Fully aware of that.

Never said someone should be immune for any reason, but there are things that need to factor in - not saying money is one of them, but honor definitely is.

Alright then, lets go with the honor roll.

If you are honorable 99.99% of the time, does that mean you should be free to get away with murder 0.01% of the time?

Edbro 12-10-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo (Hozzászólás 32289174)
Are people who don't deserve to be banned getting banned?

Yes.
The tribunal is broken indeed.
You can't even cal somebody a noob because you get banned. I mean... really?
What are we 3 years old?

Getsuei 12-10-2012 01:02 PM

Tell your friend to post his reform card, I seriously doubt it was for the gg noobs comment.

LargeSnorlax 12-10-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ixDrAGoN (Hozzászólás 32288788)

2) If someone has THOUSANDS of honor, and makes it to the tribunal, the honor is not taken into account
3) Someone can be hacked and reported, if they make it to the tribunal, the fast change in IPs are not taken into account.
4) People get away with racism in the tribunal
5) I've seen people get PERMANENTLY suspended for calling someone a noob in their tribunal report. (yes, they had past warns, but "noob" isn't a reason to be reported).

That's just the beginning, this list will be added to daily.

.... why do people post things without providing any shred of proof?

It actually hurts my head.

If your friend was permanently suspended, he wasn't permanently suspended for saying "gg noobs" in one report. Permanent suspensions are done after 5-6 prior bans and a warning.

ixDrAGoN 12-10-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleDi (Hozzászólás 32289305)
Alright then, lets go with the honor roll.

If you are honorable 99.99% of the time, does that mean you should be free to get away with murder 0.01% of the time?

Since you decided to link to murder, and bring in the real world, I'll bring forth my experience. I'm a paralegal at a law firm, so I'll have a field day with you.

If someone is convicted of a minor offense, they'll often be let off with a warning, or, the more likely factor, be let off with a significantly reduced sentence.

If someone is convicted of a major offense, rather than having them placed in a maximum security prison with rapists and murderers and such, they'd often be considered more lightly for their first offense and given less time in a higher security prison, less time in a lower security prison, or same time but in a low security prison.

In real life, if someone is honorable 99.9% of the time, they're often pardoned or given reduced sentences as a result.