League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   How does OT feel about the new itemization/masteries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2887859)

JacobianMatrix 12-10-2012 10:49 AM

How does OT feel about the new itemization/masteries

Thoughts?

Deconstructor32 12-10-2012 10:52 AM

Masteries are ok I guess. Haven't tried any of the new items yet. I like the new store layout.

sammich kek 12-10-2012 10:52 AM

Energy Bolt
Attacks a target with a bolt of energy. (51-56 energy damage at GM Magery, Evaluating Intelligence and Inscription) Elemental Resistances reduce damage.
20 mana
1.75s delay
requires Black Pearl, Nightshade

Jesus the Friend 12-10-2012 10:56 AM

Masteries = More balanced than the previous ones.

Spellsword is trash.
Strength of Spirit is trash.
Perseverance is trash.

Aside from that they did a good job.

Items:
Good , it was a strong change in favor of more dynamic gameplay.
Unfortunately, MASSIVE balance issues, Black Cleaver = insta win.
Liandry's Torment = ultra op.
Ohmwrecker = garbage.

Overall, change in a good direction to make the game less boring / faster / more action oriented.
Mixed results due to rampant balance issues.
GG MORELLO/XYPHEROUS

Elan Tedronai 12-10-2012 11:11 AM

New jungle didn't help my WW at all. My route was already fast and now it's not any faster. They said they rebalanced more health into the larger mobs but it still takes the same number of auto attacks to kill the smaller mobs so it just takes longer to kill the larger mobs. In fact, it hurt me a bit because the Machete upgrades suck on WW and I used to start Longsword which could go into Mallet or Hexdrinker. Now I'm stuck with Machete. I might try a few games skipping Machete all together and go back to Longsword and see if I can still make it work.

The move speed rebalance helped me a bit though.

UrsaMinor 12-10-2012 11:12 AM

Half the items are gimmicky and are noob-traps. Last night I had an ally Draven rush to buy the hurricane item and he started complaining when he did no damage. Apparently he was expecting his spinning axe to become aoe.. Even if it did become an AOE spinning axe, Draven scales terribly with pure attack speed.

One of the items I like is the refillable potion bottle (like the item from DotA).

I don't really notice too much of a change in masteries because they feel the same as the old ones.

Jesus the Friend 12-10-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrsaMinor (Hozzászólás 32285509)
Half the items are gimmicky and are noob-traps. Last night I had an ally Draven rush to buy the hurricane item and he started complaining when he did no damage. Apparently he was expecting his spinning axe to become aoe..

I loled.

+1 on that logic man.

Get Runaan's on Sivir, then you get like... x3 bounces man, HUEHUEHUE

Semper Damnatus 12-10-2012 11:32 AM

inb4 GD transfer.

Coedeed 12-10-2012 12:15 PM

I want bloodrazor back. :(

Umbasa 12-10-2012 12:30 PM

masteries are pretty much the same, they just added some dumb ass biscuit. items are alright, but core stuff like IE and bloodthirster arent going anywhere, so its not that big of a deal.

cleavers everywhere. i did a 5 cleaver build on zed, had about 500 AD, totally invincible