League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   The Tribunal. Removed or Kept? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2886741)

Dwas 12-09-2012 10:52 PM

The Tribunal. Removed or Kept?

This is a poll asking if you believe Riot should either
Yes. Keep the Tribunal and keep it the way it is
No. Remove the Tribunal and analyze the reports for themselves.

Norwenna 12-09-2012 10:53 PM

remove

Weezlebub 12-09-2012 10:57 PM

I hope people realize that if the tribunal was removed and that Riot did it themselves, there would be more punished cases.

GON the Mage Guy 12-09-2012 10:58 PM

I marked both because you don't know how to make polls.

Dwas 12-09-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weezlebub (Hozzászólás 32272920)
I hope people realize that if the tribunal was removed and that Riot did it themselves, there would be more punished cases.

I don't believe this due to Riot's standard's FAR lower to a "report" then opinion based community. It's more like a "a man killed because he was raping someone at the moment" community will see him as a hero but the law saw him as a murderer regardless.

Dwas 12-09-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GON the Mage Guy (Hozzászólás 32272931)
I marked both because you don't know how to make polls.

I left both open because people should be free to agree and disagree and comment on why and why not. All you really did was show how much of a child you are and how despite you are in need of attention.

Labcown 12-09-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwas (Hozzászólás 32272952)
I don't believe this due to Riot's standard's FAR lower to a "report" then opinion based community. It's more like a "a man killed because he was raping someone at the moment" community will see him as a hero but the law saw him as a murderer regardless.

Go find some red posts, they've commented on the fact that their astonished actually at the leniency of the Tribunal, they would have banned/punished more people if it was strictly up to them.

That being said, with the huge case load of reports being brought through, Riot wouldn't be able to keep up with all of them, leading to some very bad situations. So Riot would have to implement another system to filter the reports, and any angle I look at it, Tribunal is a very firm and consistent way to police this.

Unless someone here on the forums comes up with an actual viable and more efficient system than Tribunal, I'm sure Riot would lend their ears to hear such an idea.

Dai Tou Zai 12-09-2012 11:07 PM

While i like honest members deciding to Punish Or Pardon you have to keep on mind the thousands of trolls that play this game that just randomly push Punish Or Pardon without even reading the case to get IP

I'v found more Bad Members in the game than i have met Good Members... i think that they should remove it... or atleast invite people who are good members to contribute to help come to a conclusion about a reported players report... also id like a punish or pardon for separate tabs because there are alot of false reports

Example - If i see 5 tabs and 3 of them aren't worth punishing but 2 are worth punishing i don't like knowing that the member will get punished for those 3 tabs where they didn't do anything wrong and get a worse punishment.

Weezlebub 12-09-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dai Tou Zai (Hozzászólás 32273063)

Example - If i see 5 tabs and 3 of them aren't worth punishing but 2 are worth punishing i don't like knowing that the member will get punished for those 3 tabs where they didn't do anything wrong and get a worse punishment.

Don't feel bad, Lyte has said many times that even if only 1 of the 5 cases is bad, punish anyway. Who cares if the other 4 are good, it's not like it negates the cases where they are negative. It doesn't affect their punishment anyway. We only vote on whether the person is punished or not, if they are repeat offenders they are punished more severely not if their reform card has more cases than another.

VeraLuise 12-09-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dai Tou Zai (Hozzászólás 32273063)
While i like honest members deciding to Punish Or Pardon you have to keep on mind the thousands of trolls that play this game that just randomly push Punish Or Pardon without even reading the case to get IP

I'v found more Bad Members in the game than i have met Good Members... i think that they should remove it... or atleast invite people who are good members to contribute to help come to a conclusion about a reported players report... also id like a punish or pardon for separate tabs because there are alot of false reports

You don't actually get ip anymore, they stopped that around September. And just because someone was falsely reported in 3 games, doesn't mean they weren't breaking the summoner's code in two others. Toxic players are occasionally falsely reported too, that doesn't make them any less toxic.