League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Roleplaying Forums (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   (OOC/In Game) 100 Year Time Line (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2886184)

Digitalfeeling 12-09-2012 07:25 PM

(OOC/In Game) 100 Year Time Line

First time poster, so, forgive me if this isn't the place.

I am looking to do somewhat of themed battles in Custom Games. As in, we do a bit of RP here and then the rest of the RP in Game. Though, this is tough for some and challenging to manage, I wanted to do something over a 100 year game time. Though that seems like a long time, certain factions don't go against each other for 7-14 years. So, this would actually be done over a few days.

Positions would be: Someone acting as the League Rep (Approving or Disapproving Matches, ensures that matches make sense lore wise. Would keep up of borders, resources are working.)
Champions: Those will be the voice of their faction. These people will, also, set the stage for the matches. This way, we can have a bit more in depth character development.

Example: Heimerdinger was able to achieve a pentakill with his Dual Turrets and weapons. Heimer, being somewhat modest and bad humored, suggests to have more Hextech weapons out on the field. Someone like Viktor, though weary, wishes to compete with Heimer in Yordle VS Machine. Rumble and Blitzcrank join the fray as mechanical champs. In direct opposition, those of Chemical Side of Noxus attempt to show their might. Adreline based champions like Dr. Mundo and Singed join the fray.

Matches would be done in tournament/Draft style. We RP champions before hand but we can have other representatives play in game. (This is where countering comes in.)
Rules are normal standards, Zaun and Noxus work fine together. Bilgewater is pretty neutral and other factions are reluctant independents. Void champions that are not aligned are free to go which ever. (See Eve and Twisted working at the Demacian Academy) That way we can get a range.

For example, Singed, Warwick and Dr. Mundo would be a great Noxus comp since they have in lore. Rumble and Heimerdinger would be somewhat off put by working together but can still do it. Garen and Katarina would have a somewhat seedy sorta relationship.

Matches would be played once or twice a day. Between matches will be the time lapse between those 7 years. During this time, it is sorta our obligation to set up a scenario between different factions. For example, Katarina would be someone easy to play cause she is the Sinister Blade and does lead missions. Diplomatic RP seems to be the way to go. If alliances/Friendships/New Enemies are made, we can mix the teams up.

Standards are usually that Demacia and Noxus will never Ally. However, Demacia and the Northern Tribes would do so unwillingly. This way, we can switch them around. However, if a location is occupied by a force, then the champions of that location may be used sparingly in matches.

Also, this would be an Open RP. So, people can come in after matches are set up. So, we would hopefully have about 11 people per session. 10 (of course) per game. Twisted Tree Line for the slow days.

Comments, ideas? I've been tossing the idea around for a while.

Emerald Owl 12-09-2012 07:29 PM

Interesting... but how will people choose champions? Do they have to stay the same champion?

Ask Shenn 12-09-2012 07:32 PM

Looks cool. The only problem for me being I have a lot of stuff on the weekdays. So this stuff should be a weekend sort of thing.

Digitalfeeling 12-09-2012 07:36 PM

@Starii Evernight

After Each Match, we have a sorta soft reset. As in, we set up a new sorta scenario based on the first two champions chosen. So, you don't have to stick the same champion. It makes it to where someone doesn't have to specialize or be stuck in one position. I want to have as much fun in RP as in game.

@Ask Shenn

I kinda forgot how slow forums can be. If we get big, I wouldn't mind doing it on the weekend only. As in, everyone can do this casually and it all leads up to a major event. During the week, we set up skirmishes between different champions. Rookie Summoners for Skirmishes (Tech VS Toxic. Small squabbles over trade lines) and weekend will be expert summoners (Huge pieces of Land)

Emerald Owl 12-09-2012 07:53 PM

Sounds like fun. One more question before this thread quiets out for the night: will the RPing take place in /all chat or an outside voice chat program?

Tentorer 12-09-2012 07:53 PM

I can do this on the weekends it's really interesting.

Ask the Tempest 12-09-2012 07:58 PM

Same here.

Digitalfeeling 12-09-2012 07:59 PM

@Starri

All, as per usual, we want to make this as easy as possible for people. We will most likely be on voice chat having fun and joking around. However, inchat will be IC unless indicated. Communication will be via comms for team and speaker for all. As in, those who are watching on live cast will be able to hear along with the enemy team. So, whatever is said to the other team will be heard throughout Valoran. So, other champions will see how certain champions interact and react to that. So, if someone talks a lot of smack to Darius (God, who would?), Draven will have somehting to say and go for blood.

Digitalfeeling 12-09-2012 08:05 PM

@Tentorer and Tempest

Sounds like weekends seem a little bit easier for everyone. I'll make major events, competing for land pieces, for weekends only. During weekdays, it will most likely be more Twisted TreeLine. Probably somewhere at the end of the day (9 PM Central, 10 Pacific) but those can be done pretty much at any given time. Rookie Summoners, in lore, have been known to train with champions that have the spare time. So, fun skrims are fine too. Or is the Shadow Isles wants to show their might to the Yordles, they can do something like that without having anything at stake.

Ask the Tempest 12-09-2012 08:05 PM

So, we use skype?