League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Esports Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Fix the ELO system (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2886083)

Void Creatures 12-09-2012 06:58 PM

Fix the ELO system

Again i get paired with a bunch of trolls for ranked who are level 30 but have like 90 wins, and they get first pick/ban.

So you've had the time and ignore the posts from other players complaining about how bad elo matchmaking is. What are you doing? Who are you hiring to control match making?

Heres a great idea maybe use BETTER restrictions playing ranked ? like umm have at least 350 wins before playing/ play 15 draft games/ Play a champion you want in ranked 10x in draft?

Selcopa 12-11-2012 06:21 AM

I feel like you posted one of these already and we all agreed that it wasn't the system that was bad. But it was in fact you that was bad. We definitely agreed that you weren't good.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a 12-11-2012 08:55 AM

mhm, yup after about 2000 ranked games im matched with people who pick ad carry and dont kjnow which lane thy are suposed to go to, becouse they are fresh lvl 30.

Yea that system is completely 100% great.
I mean why wouldnt it make sense for me to loose elo becouse people who are just starting their first ranked game are picking CARRY roles and completely cant do their job.
Seems legit, right?
I screwed up by not being ablr to carry them with support they forced me into- becouse they think they are too good to play suport.

Tere are too many factors, to make elo gain/loss based only on teams win/ loss.
Game outcome is recult on picks. how other 4 players play against opther 4 guys that you cant control if they screw up.
Individual player influence is not big enough to decide a game, unless he is like 500 elo lower than he should be.In which case elo system had already failed by placing him 500 elo too low.
Also its high time they finally implement system that would let us queue for specific role.
And for ****s sake make SOLO QUEUE elo system actiolly based on SOLO achievements.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a 12-11-2012 09:12 AM

simple system that would let each player give single +1 elo and single -1 elo after the game would greatly improve how this system works.

Selcopa 12-11-2012 09:49 AM

Your individual skill isn't enough to impact. Mine has no problem influencing the game, even as support (especially as support)

200 elo below my opinion of my true elo (which is probably higher than reality of my true elo) I gain such an edge I win at least 75% of my games and move up quickly.

There are instances where a 1500 player will lose a game at 1300, but a 1700 player would have won. This doesn't prove elo hell, it just shows that it's possible to have more and more influence.

I recently played 2 ranked games on a 1200 smurf and lost both of them(I finished last season top elo 1977)..however I haven't played much recently. And I felt that I could of won both games had I played better but I made lots of silly mistakes and I need to learn more stuff. Despite losing I still believe most games are winnable (in both games we had dcs and 0/7 top lane and I STILL could have won if I didn't play so bad)

2000 ranked games at still in 1200? I'd love to see your replays

lmakehersquirtle 12-11-2012 01:05 PM

How about we just remove SOLO queue ranked altogether. Ranked matches should only be with grouped people, plus it would be a great opportunity to force people to go out and make friends on league to form groups. All people do is whine and complain when they run into trolls. It happens to all of us, get over it. There is going to be trolls everywhere no matter where you go.

IS149080d6605e20d28653a 12-12-2012 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by some****** (Hozzászólás 32327859)
How about we just remove SOLO queue ranked altogether. Ranked matches should only be with grouped people, plus it would be a great opportunity to force people to go out and make friends on league to form groups. All people do is whine and complain when they run into trolls. It happens to all of us, get over it. There is going to be trolls everywhere no matter where you go.

Actiolly this isnt all that bad idea.

If i could play with team made on the fly like with normals , but would get individual elo it would be better.
I mean i have lots of people that are ok to play with, problem is getting same 5 to play with every time.
If we could just gather any 5s and play rankeds with those it might be better than just get complete stranges in solo q assigned to our team.

Atomicpuma 12-12-2012 05:25 AM

System IS NOT BROKEN. I thought I was in elo hell when I hit 900 in season one. I got placed around 1000 in S2 went up to the 1300's had to stop because internet was acting up real bad. S3 I placed at 1200's now I'm at 1300's again.

THE SYSTEM IS NOT BROKEN. I was. Until you admit that you will never get better.

I looked INWARD. Looked at what I did wrong.

1. I noticed I can only effectively play MID, but EVERYONE calls MID. So I must learn more roles. There's games I played Mid carried even if we had a Mid, but I didn't care. It won't work all the time. So don't try it. Learn more roles. Learn at least 3 really well.

2. I make a lot of mistakes when tired. Don't play tired.

3. Don't BLAME OTHERS. If you have a person feeding you can't help it. You can only change how you play. Try to ward for them. Try to gank for them. Hell I have games I support an AD carry, they give me grief. You know what I do? I leave them, I figure they can do a 2v1 better than with me. 1 Death isn't the end of the game.

4. If you even lose your lane, NEVER BLAME your jungle. Guess what? It is you who lost your lane not him or her. You lost. And if in that game you won, be grateful someone carried you, because you didn't deserve that elo.

In other words, you're in middle facing Leblanc and she kills you once, you made a mistake. If she kills you 25 times and your cry, you lost your lane. Same goes on top. For the love of GOD do not call TEEMO TOP, just because you watched a few streams, and they made it look easy. Goes with any streams.

5. Look at your mistakes and learn. There is no luck. Unless a hitman bust into your teammates room and says heads or tails. And then if you guess wrong hitman will shoot him/her in the head. Then you can say, "I got really unlucky." If you lose it means you and your team got outplayed.

If you think you belong in a higher elo. Go find a platinum player challenge them 1v1 style. If you play mid fight in mid lane. If you play top go duke it out on top lane. I can tell you that platinum player will beat you every time, unless they don't play that lane.

There are trolls sure; and leavers it happens. But it will happen and sometimes in your favor. I counted my games I had an AFK. There were two that made me lose, and one that made me win.

Also took a friends account at 900 elo put him up to 1250. And guess what it was easy as hell. Even had to play characters I didn't even own.

Learn and get better. LOL is a strategy game. Learn counters. Don't get greedy.

I Will Be Pro 12-12-2012 05:50 AM

I myself admit to ****ing myself over and playing ranked as soon as i hit 200 wins and tanking my ELO. now that I have 1500 games under my belt I am still around 950 elo playing with fresh 30's. there definitely needs to be a change in the matchmaking system, something to do with number of normal wins for starters? Every game i play i carry, and i dont mean ADC i mean smash the other team carry, yet i lose because everyone else on my team is negative and clueless at how to play ranked. one player can definitely not change the outcome of a game by doing great. #ELOHELL

IS149080d6605e20d28653a 12-12-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atomicpuma (Hozzászólás 32351231)
System IS NOT BROKEN. I thought I was in elo hell when I hit 900 in season one. I got placed around 1000 in S2 went up to the 1300's had to stop because internet was acting up real bad. S3 I placed at 1200's now I'm at 1300's again.

THE SYSTEM IS NOT BROKEN. I was. Until you admit that you will never get better.

I looked INWARD. Looked at what I did wrong.

1. I noticed I can only effectively play MID, but EVERYONE calls MID. So I must learn more roles. There's games I played Mid carried even if we had a Mid, but I didn't care. It won't work all the time. So don't try it. Learn more roles. Learn at least 3 really well.

2. I make a lot of mistakes when tired. Don't play tired.

3. Don't BLAME OTHERS. If you have a person feeding you can't help it. You can only change how you play. Try to ward for them. Try to gank for them. Hell I have games I support an AD carry, they give me grief. You know what I do? I leave them, I figure they can do a 2v1 better than with me. 1 Death isn't the end of the game.

4. If you even lose your lane, NEVER BLAME your jungle. Guess what? It is you who lost your lane not him or her. You lost. And if in that game you won, be grateful someone carried you, because you didn't deserve that elo.

In other words, you're in middle facing Leblanc and she kills you once, you made a mistake. If she kills you 25 times and your cry, you lost your lane. Same goes on top. For the love of GOD do not call TEEMO TOP, just because you watched a few streams, and they made it look easy. Goes with any streams.

5. Look at your mistakes and learn. There is no luck. Unless a hitman bust into your teammates room and says heads or tails. And then if you guess wrong hitman will shoot him/her in the head. Then you can say, "I got really unlucky." If you lose it means you and your team got outplayed.

If you think you belong in a higher elo. Go find a platinum player challenge them 1v1 style. If you play mid fight in mid lane. If you play top go duke it out on top lane. I can tell you that platinum player will beat you every time, unless they don't play that lane.

There are trolls sure; and leavers it happens. But it will happen and sometimes in your favor. I counted my games I had an AFK. There were two that made me lose, and one that made me win.

Also took a friends account at 900 elo put him up to 1250. And guess what it was easy as hell. Even had to play characters I didn't even own.

Learn and get better. LOL is a strategy game. Learn counters. Don't get greedy.

I am at aobut 1300 elo.
Carrying on your own below 1200 is easy, people are more often than not so clueless they dont even group up, so all you need is to be strong duelist.

Problem start at 1200 elo for several reaosns.

1) there are all skills bunched here.Every smurfing 1800 elo player is starting at 1200 and test stuff here. so it often comes down to whether that 1800 elo smurf meets complete newbie and gets to like 10/0 before 15h minute.

2) players that are NOT 1200 that should be at about 900 also start here and dont know their role, but stubbornly take mid/ top.

3) at some point teams start to bunch up.it should be 5v5, but games are nearly always decided by that 1 idiot that dont knowhe shouldnt go alone and facecheck bushes.
Game result isnt decided by skilled players carryng, but by those unskilled ones doing something stupid .

4) champin picks start to matter, if your solo top picks teemo/ jungler picks shako, and enemy goes amumu/ morgana there isnt al lthat much you can do playing support becouse just those 2 ulties pretty much kil your entire team in teamfight midgame.

5) it isnt enough to do well your role. You have to be so strong to overpower other lane failing massively and not doing their job.It doesnt seem to be fair that i loose elo even tough i support perfectly, but my 7/2 ad cary throw it away mid game by suiciding repeatedly.

Bad players are bad / good players are good and system that would allow more individual aproach in elo changes in SOLO QUEUE wouldnt change it.But it would lessen the frustration coming from games when one is performing well and just cant overcome his team being realy bad.