League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   A friendly message to the ADC from your support. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2885714)

Cerebralbore101 12-09-2012 06:03 PM

A friendly message to the ADC from your support.

Do...

Get boots +3 pots to start.

Rush a Vamp Scepter before your level 2 boots. You need this for sustainability.

Rush IE. This maxes your damage quickly.

Rush PD, after IE. Getting more crits, and AS boosts your DPS faster than building bloodthirster.

Don't...

Get Doran's Blade. It is bad compared to all of the other ADC items out there.

Rish RH, over IE/PD. (Unless you are Varus/Teemo) RH. Dealing damage to three enemies at once sounds great, until you realize that you've just made the damage you deal to single targets much much lower.

Build Tri-Force. (Unless you are Corki/Ez.)

Guy on a bus 12-09-2012 06:07 PM

Correction: Add rush BT to the 'don't' list. Add Rush PD to the 'do' list.

AsphodelNext 12-09-2012 07:16 PM

Idk, I think Doran's Ring gives ADC's that all important AP and mana regen required to stay viable early game.
Seriously, though, read what you write, it's Doran's Blade, not Doran's Ring.

DMPuffy 12-09-2012 07:18 PM

Looks like my support has some bad advice.

Etherimp 12-09-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy on a bus (Hozzászólás 32263398)
Correction: Add rush BT to the 'don't' list. Add Rush PD to the 'do' list.

You want damage and survivability before you want movespeed/crit/aspd.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Never rush PD, ever.

That said, Infinity Edge is slightly superior to Blood Thirster unless you

a. Can farm like a boss right after you buy it.
b. Can stay alive to keep stacks on it.

After it gets fully stacked it provides more than Infinity Edge, but Infinity Edge is stronger right when you buy it. IE also synergizes better with PD.

Also, Trinity force is NOT a bad item on a select few ADC's... Namely Ezreal, Corki, and sometimes Sivir.

Cerebralbore101 12-10-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etherimp (Hozzászólás 32268876)
You want damage and survivability before you want movespeed/crit/aspd.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Never rush PD, ever.

That said, Infinity Edge is slightly superior to Blood Thirster unless you

a. Can farm like a boss right after you buy it.
b. Can stay alive to keep stacks on it.

After it gets fully stacked it provides more than Infinity Edge, but Infinity Edge is stronger right when you buy it. IE also synergizes better with PD.

Also, Trinity force is NOT a bad item on a select few ADC's... Namely Ezreal, Corki, and sometimes Sivir.

Maybe I should change it to... Don't rush triforce over IE, Vamp Scepter, Boots, etc. I just hate it when people rush tri-force, and have zero damage or sustian.

aphronyaa 12-10-2012 01:02 AM

A friendly message to support's who don't know what AD carries should build in certain situations:

Don't tell us what to do.

Etherimp 12-10-2012 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerebralbore101 (Hozzászólás 32273203)
Maybe I should change it to... Don't rush triforce over IE, Vamp Scepter, Boots, etc. I just hate it when people rush tri-force, and have zero damage or sustian.

Actually, I've seen Ezreals be very successful rushing Trinity Force if they are doing well. All you need for Sustain is a Vamp Scepter.

Hakari L 12-10-2012 03:48 AM

don't rush PD? once you get IE your crit is suddenly 250% damage, which means any crit chance increase is now worth much more than before. This is why you go IE>PD>BT, some ADC have skills that scale well with attack speed, for those they could go PD>IE>BT.

Etherimp 12-10-2012 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dthywes5t24 (Hozzászólás 32276404)
don't rush PD? once you get IE your crit is suddenly 250% damage, which means any crit chance increase is now worth much more than before. This is why you go IE>PD>BT, some ADC have skills that scale well with attack speed, for those they could go PD>IE>BT.

Name a single ADC who benefits more from PD > IE/BT.

Kog'maw is the only one I could possibly see an argument for.

If you say Vayne, you're wrong.