League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   ruby sight stone OP (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2885699)

Keepsake66 12-09-2012 05:00 PM

ruby sight stone OP

first off, i fully understand the purpose of the sight stone items. Wards for supports without having to buy them all the time. i get it and that is perfectly fine. Supports spend too much time buying wards and its not fun to play them because of it. That is not what's OP. the problem arrises when jax, katarina, and lee sin get a hold of these wards. When they buy a ruby sight stone, these champs are immediately given 5 free flashes on no cooldown every time they return to the fountain. its hard enough to escape or chase these champs when they get wriggles or buy wards themselves. But honestly, with this new item, you cannot fight escape them, you cannot chase them, and you overall cannot fight them. I don't think this was the intended purpose for this item. Thus, i think the stone should get a cooldown on the placement of these wards. maybe a minute or so cd? this would prevent the abuse by the jump-to-target champions. (yes the abilities on the champs have cps i know. but still, max or lee with blue buff get their jumping abilities back real fast and katarina resets on kill/assist. need to find a way to stop this.)

and P.S. black cleaver aint that op. stop bugging out about that and focus on the real broken items ^

axesandspears 12-09-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keepsake66 (Hozzászólás 32263155)
and P.S. black cleaver aint that op. stop bugging out about that and focus on the real broken items ^

Any item with stackable Cooldown Reduction is overpowered.

Keepsake66 12-09-2012 05:06 PM

not a discussion about black cleaver bro. talk about the stone please.

Speckledj1m 12-09-2012 06:29 PM

i fully understand what OP is saying, i have been getting the sightstone item in mid lane on Katarina most games since the pre season patch, once you gain a small advantage in lane, it becomes ny impossible for the opposing laner to recover when you permently have both sides of river warded as well as having a free flash if anyone gets even close to catching you out, the fact that you are sacrificing stats makes very little difference on these champions with these kinds of kits.

Fadedheart 12-09-2012 06:29 PM

Ruby Sight Stone is broken in the context that Oracle's ALSO got nerfed; neither one nor the other is OP, but combined they make lanes near ungankable with the exception of certain junglers with exceptional ganking.

kavinh the third 12-09-2012 06:40 PM

1200g for an item that allows 3 wards max. that means u'd have to spend 16 wards before it makes back it's value. assuming u plant them 3 by 3 and wait for the cooldown that's a bit over 5 batches so 15 mins of warding nonstop. since most supports go for a philostone first for the gold we can assume they won't rush ruby sight stone.

TealNinje 12-09-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axesandspears (Hozzászólás 32263234)
Any item with stackable Cooldown Reduction is overpowered.

What?

Would you say Frozen Heart stacking CDR would be overpowered? I would hope not, because you're spending the vast majority of your gold on the attack speed debuff.

Would you say Nashor's Tooth stacking CDR would be overpowered? I would hope not, because that's a tertiary item you get specifically for CDR, sacrificing the stats you need for your archetype.

I don't see why Black Cleaver having stacking CDR is remotely "overpowered." I don't even see the stacking ARMOR PEN being remotely "overpowered." Build a Randuin's Omen and a Thornmail or Frozen Heart, then get a nice big chunk of health from Warmog's or Rylai's or something. If you're a squishy, get better positioning (Zephyr is awesome for this.)

TFFoS 12-09-2012 11:49 PM

Interesting. I feel that ruby sightstone is pretty balanced on support, but have never tried it on a kat/lee/whatever. Further data is needed.

Keepsake66 12-10-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TFFoS (Hozzászólás 32273885)
Interesting. I feel that ruby sightstone is pretty balanced on support, but have never tried it on a kat/lee/whatever. Further data is needed.

agreed. And i dont think the cost balances it completely. How many times will you go back to the shop and have the money for 5 wards? When u buy the stone, you get 5 for free for the rest of the game until u sell it. maybe its not an every game item but when you get fed and have the extra cash, you snowball like crazy!

Galgus 12-10-2012 09:48 AM

I think it would be cheaper and all-round better for a Kat to just buy a ward or two for jumping on- no need to make the big investment for a Sightstone.