League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   IceBorn Gauntlet (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2884936)

Thryale 12-09-2012 01:26 PM

IceBorn Gauntlet

Am I the only one that has even considered the implications of this item yet? It provides an aoe splash for 1.25 of your base attack dmg -and- applies an aoe slow akin to a singed puddle. At the moment it does not make any difference between ranged and melee users.

You can see where I'm going with this, right? I've recently been using this item on ez as part of my core build, and have been having some scary results. The aoe slow procs on ez's q. with max cdr and armor pen, this is one scary item. It lets ez kite while being extremely safe. And in team fights it is a game changer as it provides an almost perma slow to the entire team alllowing your team to easily pick the enemy apart.

What are ya'lls thoughts on the item?

Gnarkill1 12-09-2012 02:33 PM

This is definitely one of my new favorite items. I have been using it on Nautilus with incredible results, you are basically not allowed to touch my team until I am dead. I have also toyed around with it on WW and Malphite and some others. I never considered trying it on a ranged though. Im excited to see what other kinds of strats people develop with some of these unique items.

IceSick 12-09-2012 02:34 PM

Ummm...I put it on Twisted Fate (I still go Hybrid TF) and have had some pretty cool results. Then again im a noob.

67chrome 12-09-2012 04:41 PM

I tried it on Ryze with a Muramana (among plenty of other mana items). I could topple towers, burst squishies, and keep tanky foes within my reach long enough to take them out.

The AoE Proc slow felt kind of like cheating when used on a ranged unit, especially with how much tankiness it offers.

Galgus 12-10-2012 08:48 AM

I've been loving it on Hecarim- he never scaled well on the Zeal portion of Trinity Force, and the AOE is fun to use with Rampage and Spirit of Dread.

GatorHatur 12-10-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thryale (Hozzászólás 32256233)
Am I the only one that has even considered the implications of this item yet? It provides an aoe splash for 1.25 of your base attack dmg -and- applies an aoe slow akin to a singed puddle. At the moment it does not make any difference between ranged and melee users.

You can see where I'm going with this, right? I've recently been using this item on ez as part of my core build, and have been having some scary results. The aoe slow procs on ez's q. with max cdr and armor pen, this is one scary item. It lets ez kite while being extremely safe. And in team fights it is a game changer as it provides an almost perma slow to the entire team alllowing your team to easily pick the enemy apart.

What are ya'lls thoughts on the item?

The way you are describing this makes no sense to the items description. The only way you could kite like you say is if they were on top of you (and you use blink) since the AOE only comes from you and not from the person you shot at... Or am I missing something?

Apollinarius 12-10-2012 11:42 AM

It has replaced Triforce in my Ez build. The item is just straight up better on Ez than Triforce. The slow is awesome for kiting because it is guaranteed and huge range. It also costs less gold than Triforce. I can kite all day with it. I don't build any other CDR though because you really don't need it. It already gives 15%.

I have a feeling this will lead to Ez nerfs because it is just that good on him, but we'll see.

Apollinarius 12-10-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorHatur (Hozzászólás 32283468)
The way you are describing this makes no sense to the items description. The only way you could kite like you say is if they were on top of you (and you use blink) since the AOE only comes from you and not from the person you shot at... Or am I missing something?

The AOE Sheen proc and slow is around the target struck by the attack. So, if you Q at enemies running after you, it makes a Singed puddle at the first enemy struck.

Apollinarius 12-10-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67chrome (Hozzászólás 32262628)
I tried it on Ryze with a Muramana (among plenty of other mana items). I could topple towers, burst squishies, and keep tanky foes within my reach long enough to take them out.

The AoE Proc slow felt kind of like cheating when used on a ranged unit, especially with how much tankiness it offers.

It replaces Frozen Heart (which is so much more expensive now) on Ryze, giving him the same mana as the old FH, more damage from his auto, and a way to slow down enemies so he can stick to them better.

It results in guaranteed kills if the target's flash is down.

I am sad I haven't gotten a chance to actually try the new Muramana+Gauntlet Ryze in a PvP game yet :(

Rakaydos 12-10-2012 12:21 PM

Muramana/Gauntlet Ryze is fun. My MR item is in flux- either Banshees for more mana and health, or Abyssal for MR reduc. Sometimes, I'll even go Ohmwrecker if the enemy ADC is a problem.