League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Zed Help (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2884062)

Seanbox 12-09-2012 09:18 AM

Zed Help

I have been playing Zed A lot recently due to him being free and really like his style of play, but I feel like im just tickling my opponents and looking at my damage dealt it is significantly less than my rengar. Am I building him wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Flayne 12-09-2012 01:00 PM

It would be helpful if you posted what you're building with him, however I will start off by saying that with Zed, you need items that will penetrate armor and increase damage output, and right now the best items for him are what is recommended already in game such as:

Last whisper, black cleaver and Blade of the ruined king which grants your AAs to deal extra %health based magic damage and has a neat active that heals you as it nukes someone for base damage + a litte bit of your AD.

Try to hit that target with double shuriken when it seems convenient to use your shadow (since you might sometimes want to save it for escaping ganks), it has the potential to do tons of damage, especially early game.

With Zed, as with any other champ, you have to farm a lot in order to get your items because particularly, he is quite item dependant.

With Masteries, its all about what you prefer, you can either go offensive tree with a bit of defense, offensive with a bit of utility, defensive with utility, etc.

In particular, one thing you must pay attention to is your energy since he is a big spender, as that may be the difference between dealing a lot of damage and only going half in with the need to escape.

Edit: Remember, Getting blue buff also increases your energy regen, which means that you can deal damage more frequently and faster (because of Cooldown reduction)

Guy on a bus 12-09-2012 03:21 PM

Best advice for zed: overlay shurikens. You can have 2 shadows* out at once. If your shuriken does 200 dmg, that's 600 hp dmg in less than 2 seconds. Also, try to make it so that your shurkens hit the champ first because the first hit always does the most damage. Try using W first, then R, then Q on the champion you are killing and watch yourself do some pretty nasty damage.

*1 from W and the other from your Ult

Flayne 12-09-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy on a bus (Hozzászólás 32258013)
Best advice for zed: overlay shurikens. You can have 2 shadows* out at once. If your shuriken does 200 dmg, that's 600 hp dmg in less than 2 seconds. Also, try to make it so that your shurkens hit the champ first because the first hit always does the most damage. Try using W first, then R, then Q on the champion you are killing and watch yourself do some pretty nasty damage.

*1 from W and the other from your Ult

Not exactly, for each shuriken after the first, the damage is decreased by approx 50%, so thats actually 350 damage.

also using W first can increase damage output but it depends on the situation, you may need for escape.

Dry Ace 12-09-2012 06:48 PM

Both you and your shadow hit, you get 25 energy back too..

Also, find a pro playing him and watch to learn tricks...

Remember, when the little "difficulty" bar is full, there is usually a lot more to the champ than at first glance...

I like zed a LOT, but every game it seems like I learn a new trick with him...usually by accident...the real trick is repeating it...