League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   @Riot- Do you really care about our opinion? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2883286)

Aerophobia 12-09-2012 12:22 AM

@Riot- Do you really care about our opinion?

If you do care about our opinion like you say you do then i have something small for you to do for us. I feel that its not unreasonable and that it will actually help with decision making with the new map and such.
What i want you to do is this:
Reinstate the old twisted treeline map for now BUT keep the new one up as well. Notice i said for now! It does not have to be permanent but keep the old TT up for awhile now to help the way that i said it could help with. How will this help with decision making you may ask. Well, if they release both at once they can look and see statistics of who chose to play the old twisted treeline over the new twisted treeline. Maybe this could help show how unpleased a lot of people are with the new map or maybe you can just put to rest the few that are vocal about how bad the new map is. I personally do not like the new map and will most likely not be playing it again since i see no good end for it and i know the big thread in this forum section is asking for the old map to be reinstated but i figured i would ask for the same thing but in a different manner. It doesn't even have to be reinstated permanently but i believe it would be fair to keep it while you have this new mess of a map. As i said you can see the statistics on each map and how many people play it and such which might help a bit with your opinions on what to do.

If this thread even gets upvoted at all i'll try and have a discussion about the old vs new map and problems on the new map and such. But whatever happens, thanks for the effort riot but you tried to hard and ended up fixing some problems and then fixing a bunch of things that were not even broken. I'd like to talk with a rioter about this but whatever happens is ok i suppose. I do not see myself returning to the 3's map for a long time if i even come back to it at all. Best wishes to those who enjoy the new map and i hope some changes can come to the new 3's map as fast as possible.

Update: im gonna start adding in a list of problems i believe there are in this map below. possible fixes as well.i'll try and keep it basic
1. altars- the whole altar situation is a complete mess and are the worst possible idea ever invented. They are dominated by bruisers, they are too strong,they cause MAJOR snowballing, they just plain never worked out how you wanted them to work out, they derive from the gameplay of the map and become focal points of the game. This isnt dominion, i don't want to be focusing on capturing altars or else losing the game. If i wanted to capture something id play dominion. Without the general annoyance of them just being focal points of the game, they do give too much and are unbalancable and frankly have no place on this map. They take any feeling that the new map could be related to the old map and just sucks them into hell. They are the devil of this map.
2. speed shrine- its already being removed from what i have seen but yea this is a giant problem. Gives too much mobility to bruisers and such. champions that shouldn't have it. this was fixed
3. walls,movement around map- All the walls removed in the middle and the top area of the map being nonexistant is boring and too easy and predictable. Theres no get away paths, no variety, just one path through through the middle of the map and if you get stuck on the other side you are dead. No exploration, no where to go. Too many open areas out of the jungle and not enough walls. No variety=no fun
4.Vilemaw- The new boss is cool and all but once again problems come back to bruisers. They have the easiest time soloing or just team taking it down and when they already have a bunch of other advantages on the map this is a problem. If you even try playing a support or something else besides a bruiser your damage output is gonna be poop and your tank taking all the damage up front from vilemaw is gonna be getting hit pretty hard. Also as i mentioned above the top area with vilemaw is lonesome and boring like the middle of the map. Just 1 path walking through, no complexity whatsoever. Every time i think about this i just feel like riot is trying to dumb down they map like how they dumbed down katarina with her remake.

MoogleMcgee 12-09-2012 12:59 AM

If nothing else I will thank you for your well thought out and well written request. There is way too much QQing and trolling on both sides of the TT fence. I personally didn't play that much of the old map, but I play even less of the new one. So I hope that this post will get some kind of answer and will settle this debate down at least a little.

Eloquid 12-09-2012 08:21 AM

Incredible is this ignorance of Riot's. Ever since this atrocity that is new 3v3 came up, you can't read almost about nothing in 3v3 forums except how ppl want the old map back. And nobody does nothing about it. Riot really went too far with this "we're gonna tell you what's fun for you" attitude.

SaintHax 12-09-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eloquid (Hozzászólás 32247387)
Incredible is this ignorance of Riot's. Ever since this atrocity that is new 3v3 came up, you can't read almost about nothing in 3v3 forums except how ppl want the old map back. And nobody does nothing about it. Riot really went too far with this "we're gonna tell you what's fun for you" attitude.

To point: people that like the new TT have no reason to post. In almost every post against the new TT, there are responses about what is liked and how it can be saved and bettered.

For you facts to be valid, you'd have to know the percentage of people that hate the new map, that will post (let's guess 5%). If you get 3 new posters a week, and it's been 7 weeks? That's 21 posters representing 400 people that hate the map. I'm betting that's a small percentage of players. Assuming only 4,000 people play TT, that's just 10%.

Those are made up numbers, of course, but it's to illustrate you are over valuing the relatively small negative response. The new TT map does still need to be worked though.

teh d wreck 12-09-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintHax (Hozzászólás 32247567)
To point: people that like the new TT have no reason to post. In almost every post against the new TT, there are responses about what is liked and how it can be saved and bettered.

For you facts to be valid, you'd have to know the percentage of people that hate the new map, that will post (let's guess 5%). If you get 3 new posters a week, and it's been 7 weeks? That's 21 posters representing 400 people that hate the map. I'm betting that's a small percentage of players. Assuming only 4,000 people play TT, that's just 10%.

Those are made up numbers, of course, but it's to illustrate you are over valuing the relatively small negative response. The new TT map does still need to be worked though.

Using the forums to determine this may not be that accurate because the TT forums have a lot of old tt players that frequent it, and there are a ton of people who don't actually use this forum but play TT a lot. I might have misunderstood what you said and if so my bad.

Also, I think people who like the new map should also post as the map is in beta and still needs improvements. I like the new map, but I definitely see some issues.

GSHalleck 12-09-2012 09:27 AM

This will not happen. The old Twisted Treeline had bugs with minion waves advancing erratically, it allowed people to flash over walls to get away, AD bruisers completely dominated the meta the whole time, there was no real place for full-time supports, AD carries were very underrepresented, the altars were stupid and unnecessary...

... oh wait.

Aerophobia 12-09-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSHalleck (Hozzászólás 32248483)
This will not happen. The old Twisted Treeline had bugs with minion waves advancing erratically, it allowed people to flash over walls to get away, AD bruisers completely dominated the meta the whole time, there was no real place for full-time supports, AD carries were very underrepresented, the altars were stupid and unnecessary...

... oh wait.

HA, i see what you did there :P lol. But yea, bruisers dominate this map more than they EVER did before. I used to play different champs on the old map but if i even try on this map i dont have the power to be competitive. I don't see myself playing 3's again unless they add wards back in, get rid of the altars and change up the walls.

Redenbacher 12-09-2012 11:04 AM

Bruisers dominate the map because the itemization favors them. Since the game is balanced around SR, even the tankiest bruisers will have a bad time if they're focused down by 5 enemies. They don't have that issue on TT. Against squishier champions, they can easily absorb the beating of two other champions to take out their target.

Let's not forget that bruisers scale better with levels than with items, so casters and ADC don't start fighting back until they've raked in appropriate farm 20-25 minutes in to the game.

BFT, and other items designed for Dominion and TT are created to strengthen the power of the classes that need to stand up to bruisers... which, unfortunately hasn't been successful thus far.

The map then became smaller, which aided bruisers even more. Wards and walls are not the problem - it's the items - oh, and the way altar captures currently function, which is changing soon. Once ADC and casters can stop caps with damage, and the speed shrine is removed - you're going to see the power of bruisers decline tremendously.

Slave Ship Capt 12-09-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sainthax (Hozzászólás 32247567)
to point: People that like the new tt have no reason to post. In almost every post against the new tt, there are responses about what is liked and how it can be saved and bettered.

For you facts to be valid, you'd have to know the percentage of people that hate the new map, that will post (let's guess 5%). If you get 3 new posters a week, and it's been 7 weeks? That's 21 posters representing 400 people that hate the map. I'm betting that's a small percentage of players. Assuming only 4,000 people play tt, that's just 10%.

Those are made up numbers, of course, but it's to illustrate you are over valuing the relatively small negative response. The new tt map does still need to be worked though.

agreed!!!!

Aerophobia 12-09-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWW DOT MURDER (Hozzászólás 32250779)
agreed!!!!

Any reasoning behind what you agree with? or did you just come in downvote and say agreed to someone? So you are saying that riot got it 100% perfect, first try, nothing needed on the map at all, no changes to it whatsoever and it is great. Is that what you are saying? because if you are then why are they changing it already? There are ALWAYS reasons to post on the forums and that doesn't change with a specific group that you are addressing.

Also, what makes that information really relevant. If theres people that like it but dont come around and voice their opinion about it then why should the map stay that way. As i said theres always reasons to be posting in the forums.

Do you think elections are won by the people sitting at home saying "oh gee, i really like mitt romney."