League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Varus could be the best ADC now (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2883244)

Alithalor 12-08-2012 11:07 PM

Varus could be the best ADC now

Does anyone else find Varus + Hurricane just hilarious, and slightly broken. He is probably the best shredder in the game right now. Max Blight, Max Hail, rush Hurricane and watch the other team just melt.

Black Lister 12-09-2012 03:52 AM

Kog'Maw

Alithalor 12-09-2012 06:29 AM

Hurricane's range isn't effected by Kog's Abilities. Does Hurricane apply the passive shred though?

JustMyBassCannon 12-09-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alithalor (Hozzászólás 32246598)
Hurricane's range isn't effected by Kog's Abilities. Does Hurricane apply the passive shred though?

If you're talking about his %HP, yes. It's an on-hit effect (it may be an activated one but it lasts for more than 1 hit) so it IS applied by Hurricane.

Also, isn't Hurricane's range "the 2 targets closest to your main target" or something like that?

Gagoloth 12-09-2012 07:07 AM

Draaaaaavenn!!!!

Alithalor 12-09-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon (Hozzászólás 32246891)
If you're talking about his %HP, yes. It's an on-hit effect (it may be an activated one but it lasts for more than 1 hit) so it IS applied by Hurricane.

Also, isn't Hurricane's range "the 2 targets closest to your main target" or something like that?

I should test this out. It would make sense that the bolts just targeted what was closest to the target you were attacking like Nimble Strike.

Regardless Hurricane make Varus just amazing. He was always a good ADC and I used him to counted aggression, but with Hurricane he just shreds so hard.

JustMyBassCannon 12-09-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alithalor (Hozzászólás 32250354)
I should test this out. It would make sense that the bolts just targeted what was closest to the target you were attacking like Nimble Strike.

Regardless Hurricane make Varus just amazing. He was always a good ADC and I used him to counted aggression, but with Hurricane he just shreds so hard.

Oh hell yes on Varus. Hybrid/On-hit Varus loves it with Malady and Rageblade.

I already loved Hybrid Varus. With the new items, it's just too much fun :3
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTool (Hozzászólás 32247138)
Draaaaaavenn!!!!

Doesn't benefit because Spinning Axe only works on the next hit, it's not a persisting on-hit effect.

Human Jerky 12-09-2012 12:23 PM

Varus is godlike with Hurricane. I build Hurricane post BT, most games end shortly after. Granted its usually in Normals, but after that point I find Varus just forces sooooooooooo many Aces or really lopsided trades during team fights that lead you to taking towers/Baron/drag.

Alithalor 12-09-2012 12:53 PM

I don't think it will be that in the long run. RIOT seems to be trying to break this whole Tanky front with DPS behind kind of play that is going on right now. I think the new meta will be a lot more mobile Champions and Team Fights that break up into duels. I mean with Vi coming out, unless you get an entire team locked down right off the bat and Var has a least 5-6 seconds to fire he won't be alone for long.

However, as is. Im having a really fun time with Var and Hurricane. Im sure it's just because people aren't use to the item yet, it's probably not as bad as it seems.

Loture 12-09-2012 02:24 PM

He's good, really good if played at the best possible level, but it doesn't beat the fact that he has no innate escape ability or defensive abilities. With the overall damage increase in season 3 it's a lot harder to live through a team fight as Varus compared to other ADCs.