League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   (Map Concept) 3 team battlefield 5v5v5 (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2882974)

Trumpet Timex 12-08-2012 09:26 PM

(Map Concept) 3 team battlefield 5v5v5

3 Attachment(s)
For us summoners who would prefer to talk about new maps as apposed to new champs, I've got forum for us:

The following map is a 5v5v5 map design. I want to make a map that truly represents what the league community wants. Any amount of suggestions, lore, renderings, and artwork are welcome with open arms.

Attached is a rough sketch (pdf) of what the map looks like and a word document explaining how it works. I hope to keep editing the map until we reach something that all us summoners like

The map is open for design input, and I hope to see a lot of activity regarding what the league community wants in a new map when Riot eventually releases one.

Personally, I think this should be on a mountain, and be called Mountain Pass (how original, right?)

12/12/12
I've got a slightly updated map. This one has bushes and a better mid layout. Again, I want everyone to inform me of changes they want made, and the most popular decisions will be implemented in the next drawing.

1/28/13
I've got a new jungle designed, and the link is somewhere around page 6. I'm not taking down version 2.2 because It gives us a different map concept to work with. 3.0 has a completely new jungle, and replaced the mid lane with an Epic Boss Monster, like everyone requested.

Gwendolem 12-08-2012 09:35 PM

This looks like a really sick idea. I bet if a few changes were made this could be legit...

nahash117 12-08-2012 10:34 PM

yellows can be like the the altars on the new twisted tree line or even a speed boost like from dominion, no need for an epic monster with 3 teams so that's nice...i would just like to say that if this does become a map id like to see it as a form of draft mode but with no bans. so no duplicate or triplicate champs :P and make that the permanent champ select style. but other than that....this has my seal of approval.

Runeax 12-08-2012 10:37 PM

The trick is to not make it overly complicated. Not only would it be extremely hard to balance but it would be pretty taxing on some computers with animations in the double digits going off sometimes. I like the idea though.

Dr FreakinSmarts 12-08-2012 10:49 PM

Swear to god i was thinking about something after playing 3 teams of 3 on black ops II and thought it was the best idea ever. 5v5v5 is going to be a little much for a 45 minute game, to many kills, to much gold opportunity, and all of the crowd control that it would cause.. 15 players in a game SOUNDS fun, but in reality can u imagine how fckin crazy team fights would be? Maybe if you have a real big map its plausible to lessen the chances of hitting your face into an enemy champion every 5 seconds.

nahash117 12-08-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

15 players in a game SOUNDS fun, but in reality can u imagine how fckin crazy team fights would be? Maybe if you have a real big map its plausible to lessen the chances of hitting your face into an enemy champion every 5 seconds.
it looks like the middle of the map is very open :) and if you left the jungle lanes open then it would help.

Falstar 12-08-2012 11:31 PM

I love the idea

Dracoum 12-08-2012 11:45 PM

I definitely like the idea of a 3-team map. It'll open up the playstyles to more different opportunities. You can make allies among enemies, enemies among enemies, and all sorts of other things. Not to mention, the jungle looks sick. Only thing I would suggest is maybe a few less of the standard monsters. The lanes leading to mid would lead to such good ganks from the jungle as well. Not to mention, it might even open up the opportunity for a team to have more than one jungler at a time. This map would be a jungler's paradise, and the jungler would be the one deciding who wins and loses among teams. Overall, I feel it is a fantastic idea.

Trumpet Timex 12-09-2012 12:06 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys! Like I said, I want this to be the map of the players, by the players. Any artists should post drawings of what they think this map should look like. I will keep updating the map as requested, and we may make the coolest collaboration project in League of Legends.

Gwendolem 12-09-2012 12:51 AM

i would be up to nit pick this map to death to perfect it for production!