League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Riven Jungle Undoable? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2882262)

CaliBoooy 12-08-2012 05:45 PM

Riven Jungle Undoable?

Riven Jungle is sht now
so far ive gone with old style jungle builds and new starting off with the new items.
I get the same result no luck With jungle riven after red or starting off with blue i can only hit with wraiths and wolves then b
before i was able to hit Wr/R/Wo/Wr/Go/ then Gank or even go back into my jungle and continue jungling.
Anyone got any tips?

Lug 12-08-2012 05:47 PM

although it wouldnt be ideal, its possible that getting the 3% lifesteal/spellvamp talent in utility along with the biscuit could bring the sustain more in line and allow you to focus more runes towards offense to offset the offensive mastery deficit.

Kagami 12-08-2012 05:50 PM

Riven jungle should be lvl2 ganking always, otherwise it's bad.

CaliBoooy 12-08-2012 05:52 PM

yah the bad thing is diving 13 in utility and still having to spread out 17

X74X 12-08-2012 10:52 PM

I think you're exaggerating; I just jungled as Riven and went 12/1/11, and then a game later I went 7/4/17. But then again, I play her a lot and will probably never forget for a second how to.

Rethink your strategies, rethink your build or the order you build those items in.

Here's my outlook on the updates though:

-Wriggle's is no longer worth the gold due to the damage drop; get Atma's instead if you need to build tanky, it's an awesome item. Don't believe anyone that says otherwise.
-Don't try to get Black Cleaver early in the game, substitute it for LW, it's cheaper and better despite the -10 AD.
-Don't get the Black Cleaver at all unless you're dealing with super-tanks, get BT or IE instead, and get them lategame, but IE if you're carrying carrying the game and mega-fed. I personally love using IE more often because in between cooldowns I hate to back off because of damage drops; I'm an aggressive player, so I'll usually take IE. If you want to play it safe, get BT.
-Get Phage. Always. Don't try to upgrade it to FM early, too expensive.
-Get Ravenous Hydra. I know it might sound bad because you already have a lot of aoe but that active is handy sometimes and it's nice to have aoe damage in between cooldowns if you're getting teamed up on. Plus it gives lifesteal and the damage is nice.

Here's the order I'd do it in:
1. Merc Treads or Ninja Tabi, depending on what you need. (Buy them first, upgrade them last).
2. Phage. Always.
3. Last Whisper.
4. Tiamat.
5. BF Sword
6.Turn Tiamat into Hydra. Keep this item in slot 3 or 4 so you can hit the active easily. It's basically another instant autoattack with aoe and comes in handy.
7. Turn the BF Sword into your BF item (IE or BT)
8. One of these: Atma's (if you need armor), Hexdrinker (if you need magic resist), Black Cleaver (If you're facing super-tanks). This step can be done before buying Tiamat or BF Sword if it's necessary. Put those survival stats ahead of killing stats if you don't feel you have enough; you still get decent AD from these.
9. Turn Phage into Frozen Mallet.
10. (If you got Hexdrinker, do this before step 9) Turn Hexdrinker into Maw.

And I have no idea what you're doing with your runes, but I'm assuming that you use that for every champion and just won't buy more pages, but you have a severe damage and defense handicap early game. Earlier today that was the difference between me getting 13/1 and an opposing Riven getting 6/7, about 3 of my kills coming from her in the first 8 minutes of the game or so, one being first blood at like 2 minutes. Those runes gave me the advantage because she didn't have enough to keep up.

Look me up on LoLking, it could help if you need ideas for runes, how the build should end, etc. My setup also isn't only for jungle. I could even mid if I wanted to and do it a lot.

Alithalor 12-08-2012 11:11 PM

21/9/0 Cloth +5 should still allow you do what you did before. You will come out of Jungle the first time around with slightly less HP than before, but it shouldn't be undoable if you get some help.