League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Leavebuster (mod/dev input needed) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2881136)

DerpOfDeath 12-08-2012 01:27 PM

The Leavebuster (mod/dev input needed)

so I've been playing a year or so, and i play ranked mostly, and the one thing that ruins this game for me most is the leave buster. when you are queuing up and you've got your team all set, and that one person just locks in as a jungle Janna just to troll, it ruins the game, an someone is gonna wind up dodging. for the noble person who dodges to save everyone else a loss and stress, they get a 30 minute penalty. i think along side the leave buster, there should be a kick system of sorts. if you have someone intentionally trolling a ranked queue, and you're in champ select, i think there should be a surrender sort of system for kicking people. a 4/1 vote system. it would save people from losing elo, it would punish the players trying to troll, and it would make things much nicer for people in ranked, in general.

Balls on Point 12-08-2012 01:54 PM

I agree with this idea. I think it should be twinked in some degree. For example, if the person is que'd with someone else, their partner isn't going to vote yes. Perhaps negative his teammates vote?

I dunno exactly how it would work, but at least Riot starting on some type of development for this would be fantastic.

Hope to see it in the future. Getting tired of last picks auto locking jungle rammus with smite, after our 2nd pick asked if he could jungle and even offered to give it up for someone else if they spoke up.

Divinemind 12-08-2012 02:31 PM

Leaver buster is busted. Have a substitute system. Don't lose your players. I've had to leave a bunch of games because LoL won't support SLI and I can never see my GUI. I haven't been able to participate in ranked because of it.

AJStarhiker 12-08-2012 02:46 PM

LeaverBuster only applies during the game. Not queue, not champion select.

The dodge penalty is to discourage dodging. Be glad, you used to lose Elo for dodging ranked games.

Jetaj1 12-08-2012 03:21 PM

I completely agree, I think a system of 4 to 1 votes in blind pick and 3 to 2 in draft/ranked games to simply disband the group with no penalty would be great.

DerpOfDeath 12-08-2012 04:33 PM

well the ranked penalty still really needs tweaking, its something that just takes me out of the game. come on riot, can we get a dev in here to chime in?

KrinTheRed 12-08-2012 04:47 PM

Supported 100%. Being forced into games that have trolls is quite annoying. Kick options for a team to kick a player should be top priority at this point. Every season that goes by there are more and more trolls appearing in ranked games. People unwilling to cooperate with team picks, and resorting to throwing temper tantrums because of it.

dirkDiGgYDIGGLER 12-08-2012 05:15 PM

I think something like this would be great but you'd have to account for people using the system to dodge queues when they didn't like the team match-ups in draft play.

Imagine how annoying it would be waiting through 10 drafts just to get to a game where one team didn't feel they were at a disadvantage and disbanded because of it.

It's also one more reason for people to get pissed at each other because 3/5 people wanted to play but your top/mid laner got countered and want to disband.

Definitely something worth looking into but I'm just saying there's a lot of potential for abuse with a system like this and you've got to be careful adding anything that could be a point of conflict for players pre-game beyond just which role to play.

Alythezon 12-08-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirkDiGgYDIGGLER (Hozzászólás 32229074)
I think something like this would be great but you'd have to account for people using the system to dodge queues when they didn't like the team match-ups in draft play.

Imagine how annoying it would be waiting through 10 drafts just to get to a game where one team didn't feel they were at a disadvantage and disbanded because of it.

It's also one more reason for people to get pissed at each other because 3/5 people wanted to play but your top/mid laner got countered and want to disband.

Definitely something worth looking into but I'm just saying there's a lot of potential for abuse with a system like this and you've got to be careful adding anything that could be a point of conflict for players pre-game beyond just which role to play.

I agree with you that it is very hard to not abuse that system, but the current system is really frustrating and is a reason that I don't play ranked as much as I would like to. Someone calls something, someone rages and trolls, then there is not much people you can do about it other than take a 30 min hit. Big turnoff.

I would rather have the alt system and just deal with the abuse and take the time rather than knowing for certain I am dealing with a loss because someone is a ******hammer.

thegoochmiester 12-09-2012 06:24 AM

Could always add a cooldown of like ten minutes to a person being able to start a vote. Would reduce some of the abuse.