League of Legends Community
12345 ... 10

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Why do people claim ELO Hell doesn't exsist? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2879627)

Brycearoni 12-07-2012 11:55 PM

Why do people claim ELO Hell doesn't exsist?

I've been rather infuriated by ELO recently, considering how I play every game nearly flawlessly and still lose the game because of my teammates. Now, I watched this video on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MTO2a7ZFcc) and I thought, "Well, this video poses some interesting points, but most notably I found that if you take my KDA ration ((kills+assists)/deaths) you can see, nearly 98% of games I go positive in Solo Queue Ranked (http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24512169)".

My favourite role has got to be Jungling, and other times I often Support, simply because no one else wants too. Essentially what I'm getting at, is, I've played at 1800 ELO (with my friend) and 1000 ELO and I really couldn't tell the difference. Each team had trolls and noobs on it while the good players tried desperately to pick up the slack. In essence, I just think LoL's ELO system is flat out bizarre,where players who are prone to getting carried, have equal chance of obtaining the same ELO of those who carry.

I just want to play a serious game where if I lose, it's because I'm outplayed by better teamwork on the enemy team. I find it also odd how nearly every single professional LoL player has an extremely high ELO in Solo Queue, and many of them claim ELO Hell doesn't exist; to me, it honestly seems like a flip of a coin of who wins and loses; and just like any game of chance, certain players can get heads 1000 times in a row.

EDIT: I haven't heard an intelligent argument yet. This game is like poker, some luck, some skill. Get over it. Just played as LB, went 14/7, we lost because my team was too heavy (1/9 Yorick). Then I played again and went 8/1, my team won by 20 kills. ****s wack.

Snipawolfe 12-08-2012 12:04 AM

If you even begin to think your play is "flawless," you're already missing the fact that ELO Hell is something you've made. The better players rise to the top. The system isn't broken. If anything is broken, it's your perception of it. There will be people who are bad, relatively, at every ELO and in every game. That doesn't mean it isn't working.

Brycearoni 12-08-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snipawolfe (Hozzászólás 32208394)
If you even begin to think your play is "flawless," you're already missing the fact that ELO Hell is something you've made. The better players rise to the top. The system isn't broken. If anything is broken, it's your perception of it. There will be people who are bad, relatively, at every ELO and in every game. That doesn't mean it isn't working.

I almost believed you for a moment.
You can always improve on anything in life, it doesn't mean it's possible to win, I'm not the best, but I play sufficiently to win -- that is, if my teammates played as sufficiently as well.

Key 12-08-2012 01:05 AM

Well if you are so star spangled perfect and it's up to your team to pick up then you get other 4 people and play 5's, it's really simple.

Madness6 12-08-2012 01:09 AM

I just had a jungler camp me all game I had 4+ wards up at all times I was Jax my jungler didn't do anything.. I personally think it exists atm

Key 12-08-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madness6 (Hozzászólás 32209426)
I just had a jungler camp me all game I had 4+ wards up at all times I was Jax my jungler didn't do anything.. I personally think it exists atm

I do think that it's true to a small extent, however statistically as long as you never ever troll you SHOULD Be able to get out, it might take a lot of games but you can get out. And I disagree with many things, sure, it's best if everyone in your team pulls their weight but if you can't carry a team at a certain ELO then you don't belong higher, higher ELO players always end up at the top and bottom ELO players always end up at the bottom, it's simple. Over a few games it might be hard but over hundreds or even thousands of games you WILL reach your ELO.

StompingOrphans 12-08-2012 01:27 AM

I am still in the "elo hell" or what people consider it. and i will admit sometimes it feels like it really is hell but if you can learn to take a lead in lane and use it to help other lanes then you should gain elo slowly but surly. It dosent matter if you end up positive if you arnt contributing to the team

first time Vayne 12-08-2012 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madness6 (Hozzászólás 32209426)

If you had all those wards up, then your jungler probably thought you could handle it and were ok. He was (hopefully) off chain ganking another lane.

Learn to live without your jungler, and you'll notice your win rate go way up. When I play certain champs, I tell my jungler never to gank my lane. Giving him that much less of a map to worry about makes a huge difference in his stress level and lets him allocate ganking time to snowballing or assisting other lanes.

Balls on Point 12-08-2012 09:40 AM

Wait a minute. You had 4 wards up... and the enemy jungler still camped you? And you're saying it's ELO hell? Um.... what?

There is no ELO hell. People need to just accept that the level that they are at, IS their level of play. It doesn't mean you can't improve. Once you accept the fact that this is were you belong, then you'll turn your negative energy into something more positive.

For example: When you play support, do you look at the enemies inventory and see how many wards they have? Do you type out the time on the clock when they lay a ward, so your jungler knows when it's easier to gank?

Or is the only person on your team buying wards the Support?

Or are you and your team exploding at one another when someone goes for a crazy dive and fails. (ie yelling at each other for one mistake).

Or are you queing for ranked when you can only play one specific lane, or you are only good with less than 8 champions? (ie the more champions you're good at, the better you'll understand them and counter them, know how long their cooldowns are etc).

There is no ELO hell. It's an excuse for people to blame others because things didn't go how they thought it should have gone. Once you accept that, and focus your attention to improving, you'll increase your rating.

Oh, and lastly. Something that helped me. Unless you are saying something helpful in ranked, shut up. The loading tip Riot put is 100% true. The more you argue, the more you lose.

Beef All The Way 12-08-2012 09:45 AM

Elo hell = getting pushed down in rating because you have players on your team who A: wont listen B: havent played more thean a few ranked matches and only just got 30 C: Leave pre level 3/never connect

In my experience this is 85% of my matches sup 1k elo. I manage to claw my way up to almost 1.1k then get trolls and leavers untill I hit 800. Rinse and repeat.