League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Roleplaying Forums (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Champion Auditions - Nami, the Tidecaller (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2879057)

Ryugi Kazamaru 12-07-2012 09:53 PM

Champion Auditions - Nami, the Tidecaller

Come gather 'round, auditions are here!
All of you Namis should post without fear~
Wouldn't you think that it's time?
Time to, finally begin?

Look at this thread, isn't it grand?
How does a mermaid float upon land?
Wouldn't you have to just think...
That it's just a little bit strange of an oversight?

She's got water and wonders aplenty.
She's got scales and some cleavage, and more!
Pick her, your team's cup won't be empty.
But who cares, can't you see, she's no wh0re~

She wants to be the big hero.
She wants to be, to be the champion!
Floating around on - what do you call it? - oh, air.

Being a mermaid, she's out of her place.
Legs are needed for walking and running.
Running a comb through...what's that on her head?...ah, hair!

Here where they fight, here where they war,
Here where they battle for evermore
She wishes she, that she could be,
Part of the League!

*Ahem*

These Auditions will be run using the guidelines set forth HERE. If you are auditioning for Zed, please read them and understand what you're getting yourself into.

PLEASE DO NOT EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST IN JOINING UNTIL YOU HAVE A SMURF!!

This will protect your identity to keep things equal and devoid of favoritism.

Welcome to the Nami Champion Auditions!

This thread should be self-explanatory, but for those of you who are new to the process, let me break it down. First, please start by reading the guidelines linked above. That will help explain the process a little better. Assuming you've already done that, I'll cut to the chase. This is where the magic will happen. "Smurf" accounts that want to have a chance to portray Nami will post in this thread, announcing their intent to compete. They will then be listed in the main post here.

Once we have a list of the candidates, we will go about the audition, voting, and judging process. Rather than cluttering the forums with multiple threads, the gathering of applicants will be done in this thread, as well as the submissions. When we're sure we have all the applicants, the process of submissions can begin. For ease, please post all Questions/tasks together in a single post for your audition if possible. This will make it much easier to keep track of all the submissions. As they come in, we'll attempt to link them next to the names of the applicants for easy access.

The questions and tasks for the auditions can be seen below, so prospective applicants can get their creative juices flowing or even start working on their submissions before they can submit them. However, please don't submit early. The status of the auditions will be updated as time goes along, so check back now and again to see how we're progressing!

****** CURRENT STATUS: ACCEPTING AUDITIONS!! ******

Hopeful applicants will have until Thursday, December 13th at Midnight PST (GMT -8) to post their auditions.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Questions/Tasks:

1) Traditionally, "League Judgments" were asked to be created for a champion. However, while entertaining to a degree, they lack the true weight of the actual situation. Your main task is to write out Nami's Mission. As the Tidecaller, she took initiative to brave the depths of the sea, and went onto the land in search of the Moonstane. How did this duty change her? What thoughts spurred her to take action for her people? This is your chance to build your idea of Nami into the character you will be portraying for all to see. As long as she arrives at the destination of her current Riot Lore, feel free to develop her as a character. This is a prime opportunity to allow her to drip (ha, water puns) with artistic flavor and depth (two for two). Show us YOUR Nami that you will portray on the forums as a character, and give some ebb and flow (three times the charm) to her lore that Riot did not have the time to adequately explain in detail.

2) Next, imagine our friend Ram Steed, now working as an independent journalist since the collapse of the Journal of Justice, has taken a trip to the shoreline to gain some information about who Nami is, so he can bring the truth of things to the public eye. Express your views (In character and in Interview Format!) on Fizz, Nautilus, and, of course, Diana. However, Ram Steed has also decided to ask Nami about a "Fourth Champion." (Yes, Urf is an option in this case if you so choose, going with the nautical theme.) As the RPer, it is your job to choose this 4th Champion. Your reasoning for this choice should be contained in a small explanation below this part of the submission. Think about how Nami speaking about this champion could reveal something about her as a character. This is yet another chance to surprise us with your insight into the watery mind of Nami, and who she is as a person.

Bonus: Once more, we won't be asking about a Breakfast of Champions. I think we've set that in stone so far. Though questioning what Nami would eat is indeed an interesting concept. However, for this question, pick one thing that Nami would be experiencing for the first time on the surface world, and write about her reaction and experience with it (in-character). Her reaction to this new experience, whatever it may be, should give us an idea of how you will have Nami react to all of the new things going on around her. Now, clearly, this is a bonus question, but I would suggest going through the difficulty to prepare it. After all, the more material the community has, and we have as judges, the more accurately they can vote for their opinion of most accurate portrayal. So, the more the better!

PRIMARY JUDGES
Ryugi Kazamaru "Kaz"
SandscourgeSkarn
Iron Ambássador

BACKUP JUDGE
Ask Talon

In the event that one of the Primary Judges cannot take part in the judging of submissions, if it comes to that, Ask Talon will take their place.

Participants:
Àsk Nami
AsktheTidecaller
Ask The Mermaid

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Kameil 12-07-2012 10:54 PM

I felt this was necessary... but good luck to all Nami candidates! You'll soon be Part of the League!

Àsk Nami 12-07-2012 11:05 PM

Sign me up! I've been waiting for this.

Ryugi Kazamaru 12-07-2012 11:47 PM

Added!

Also, that song. XD

Ask the Herald 12-08-2012 01:17 AM

Little....Mermaid.....references.......*Dies*

Ask Fizzy 12-08-2012 04:10 AM

I wish to participate in this.

Ask The Mermaid 12-08-2012 08:14 AM

Please add me to this list :]

Civilized Rat 12-08-2012 11:12 AM

Good luck to all participants, and remember; this is not our way of intentionally excluding any of you from trying your hand at the champion. For now, this is our only organized way to handle multiple requests.

Àsk Nami 12-08-2012 01:45 PM

Best of luck to everyone participating, Let's make it a good show for the voters :)

Ask TheThorns 12-08-2012 02:39 PM

Wait... Was I meant to audition for Zyra?