League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Dr. Mundo Season 3 (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2878554)

EZBryskit 12-07-2012 06:33 PM

Dr. Mundo Season 3

Hello, I'd like to ask some question about Mundo.

The Warmog Nerf: Recently in Season 3 one of a vital component of the "Invincible Mundo". the stacks are completely gone, now my specific question is should i buy runes and change my masteries to make up for the stacks that are lost? Or is it not worth it in exchange for other things.

What should Mundo do about the new jungle items?

Are they completely worth it? I feel like I'm being ripped-off as they seem to be very mana-user centric, as well as Mundo already has a very good clear rate, I feel like the items made from hunters machete don't particularly match many Mundo-players style. I usually only use hunters machete with Mundo up to level 3 then sell it for better items.

IdleAltruism 12-07-2012 06:48 PM

Mundo is one of the few junglers who doesn't need the new items.

Similarly, the new Warmogs only loses 250ish health (I forget the exact number off-hand). The regen is better than an old Warmogs fully stacked once you hit 2700ish HP (not terribly difficult).

Also, the buffed Spirit Visage and Runic Bulwark are both amazing on Mundo.

Mundo made out like a bandit in S3. He lost HoG, but he gained more ambient gold, the same clear speed (still among the fastest in the game), and better tanking AND team utility items.

I don't see how he got ripped off because it's not optimal to build the new jungle item (which is a little mediocre in comparison to something like the new Aegis, so junglers who don't have to build it are significantly ahead of others, like Mundo and Cho'gath).

TheOneMillion 12-07-2012 07:45 PM

I would think the golem spirit stone upgrade would be pretty good on mundo...

BiggieJohn 12-08-2012 12:47 AM

the items available are fine.

As it stands mundo can clear the jungle without B and continue clearing over and over never going back.

I won't post the requirements to do this because I wish to test more and if it is in fact the fastest gold earned I would like it to stay hush hush till someone exposes it.

Uncanny Doom 12-08-2012 04:00 AM

It's true that Hunter's Machete doesn't exactly build into completely optimal items for Mundo (though Spirit of the Ancient Golem is certainly not bad), and part of that is why most people don't jungle him with it. Go cloth armor and five pots instead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiggieJohn (Hozzászólás 32209085)
the items available are fine.

As it stands mundo can clear the jungle without B and continue clearing over and over never going back.

I won't post the requirements to do this because I wish to test more and if it is in fact the fastest gold earned I would like it to stay hush hush till someone exposes it.

Everyone already knows Mundo has the fastest clear time, and he's not the only jungler that can theoretically stay in the jungle without going back. It's not really logical or practical for a jungler not to go buy items though. Not to mention ganks, warding, clearing wards, or covering lanes.

SouLCollectR 12-31-2012 03:51 PM

My main problem is the removal of FoN. He has no main items to get for MR anymore. Agies is what most supports still build so most likely you wont end up with it. So you get Mogs, maybe Spirit Visage. And what next??? Even Randuins got messed up in the patch. It has no health regen anymore. Its just he has limited options now IMO.

unsticky 01-02-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouLCollectR (Hozzászólás 33026880)
My main problem is the removal of FoN. He has no main items to get for MR anymore. Agies is what most supports still build so most likely you wont end up with it. So you get Mogs, maybe Spirit Visage. And what next??? Even Randuins got messed up in the patch. It has no health regen anymore. Its just he has limited options now IMO.

Spirit Visage shoudn't be a maybe anymore. The buffed the **** out of that item and it has perfect synergy with your ult. Also, you should look at either the Mercurial Scimitar (to stop ignite), Wits End (AS stacks with his E really well), or Maw of Malmortius.

Besides, building health is more efficient (after a point) than building MR at combating a fed AP carry.

Izzm4tic 01-02-2013 07:37 AM

Call me crazy, but Maw or Mercurial's isn't a bad idea on him. He does benefit from building damage and these items have some pretty decent def stats. Merc has the panic button and +45 MR, maw has +36 MR and the shield.

Kryptozombie 01-31-2013 06:19 AM

Mundo so weak right now,very health dependent.I cant say he is fast.

vortical42 01-31-2013 08:19 AM

Machette may not be an ideal item on Mundo, but there really isn't a better alternative at this point. Lets look at the options. Cloth +5 really doesn't give you much since Randuins is only built if you have already finished your core items. Boots + 3 means you won't have enough health to finish the first clear. Regen Bead is a possibility, but I don't think the added regen would be enough to make up for the additional health lost during longer clears.