League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Smite in 3v3s? LOL NOOB (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2876687)

NightReaper 12-07-2012 12:02 PM

Smite in 3v3s? LOL NOOB

Love it when people say that.

Bobinatorlol 12-07-2012 12:22 PM

For the most part I would say using smite on TT is a noob thing to do. It is used sometimes in ranked play for stealing the big creep in camps when roaming. However in a lot of normals a jungler isn't even used so stealing a creep is not going to set anyone behind. Generally speaking in normals you are better off with exhaust or ignite.

If you roam a lot go on with your bad self and use smite.
If you NEED smite to jungle your own creeps then yes it is noob.

Most people in normals that use smite give this as an excuse "every time I use smite I get extra gold" as if 10g is worth a summoner spell.

Goggris 12-07-2012 01:01 PM

With Shyvana + Smite I can clear all 3 camps + wraith camp a 2nd time just as Altar spawns, and I'll be level 3. This frees me up to invade the enemy jungler's camps or put some presence in a lane. Smite is extremely powerful for getting an early level advantage.

Bobinatorlol 12-07-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goggris (Hozzászólás 32187341)
With Shyvana + Smite I can clear all 3 camps + wraith camp a 2nd time just as Altar spawns, and I'll be level 3. This frees me up to invade the enemy jungler's camps or put some presence in a lane. Smite is extremely powerful for getting an early level advantage.

I guess that is good but I still feel that having ignite or exhaust or even barrier would far out weigh the value of smite. My friend only jungles with Shyv and he always saying how stupid fast she clears camps. So while it may be good for the first clear or two it becomes obsolete shortly after compared to other options. This is the view I have for normal q's. I still don't ever run smite in ranked but can see its possible uses.

Goggris 12-07-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobinatorlol (Hozzászólás 32188651)
I guess that is good but I still feel that having ignite or exhaust or even barrier would far out weigh the value of smite. My friend only jungles with Shyv and he always saying how stupid fast she clears camps. So while it may be good for the first clear or two it becomes obsolete shortly after compared to other options. This is the view I have for normal q's. I still don't ever run smite in ranked but can see its possible uses.

I run smite/exhaust, so I don't lose that. I just lose the escape skill (I don't think she needs one with her skillset). It's not only good for the early clear, but for snipe jungling the enemy's side.

Edit: I used to not take it at all thinking it was a waste, now I'm about 70/30 in favor.

Bobinatorlol 12-07-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goggris (Hozzászólás 32192522)
for snipe jungling the enemy's side.

This I am 100% okay with. But I am pretty certain op is talking about normals since it would be odd for you team mates to say "LOL NOOB". I have never once seen a jungler in normals use smite for counter jungling which is why I always think it is a noob jungler. Which isn't that big of deal because they will learn. If they said in the game lobby "ey bro dont trip I will be roaming and countering their jungle" I wouldnt mind compared to the "I need smite to kill the creep and it gives me extra gold" that I always hear.

herpderpsmurf21 12-07-2012 05:41 PM

If oyu take smite and end up jungling, a MAJORITY of the time someone on the opposing team will end up jungling. If this happens you've already won the jungling battle. I take smite to easily steal the big wolf whenever smites off cd and my jungle is clear

i also run smite exhaust with lee sin and i feel flash isn't needed

when laning, sure I'll take flash ignite, but jungling smite+exhaust is gg. Plus... jungling with lee is freaking bogus until you 2, and getting there is annoying as **** without smite. Rather not clear 2 camps and be down to only 2 pots

MauxFire 12-07-2012 08:24 PM

I'm on the fence. I used to run smite a lot. But while it reduces my jungle clear time I found that if I cleared the wraiths and wolves and then immediately ganked I would usually get a kill before the alter opened up. While getting the kill normally I'd leech life off the lane I was in and get close to if not get lvl 3. But I do agree the clear time does help to give you a nice little snowball to start rolling the enemy team. I'm just not sure the early game advantage is really worth it's uselessness (other than for a bit of gold) late game.