League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   No chat. Meta preset role option. Anonymous teammates? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2876443)

FearOfTheFlesh 12-07-2012 10:50 AM

No chat. Meta preset role option. Anonymous teammates?

It seems to me like having two selectable options pregame may help a lot while keeping it fair by inforcing it on both sides. The first option is a no chat option with your teammates and u listed as 1-5. This would still allow pings but also since forced on both teams would not hinder 1 team more than the other. Furthermore pings would exist and those who dont wish it can just not select it pregame.

Another option should be preselecting meta role. This would mean that when this option is selected I can also select my role. When the game matched the meta team when you enter the game it would already list you and your teammates by meta role and the champion selection would only allow you champs that can be considered for that meta role. If you dont like it then thats fine simply dont select it pregame.

Lastly an all random option at least in normals should be in place. In this system each player is randomly assigned a champion they have access to and the game starts. This would allow for more experimentation, funny/weird combos and some variety in gameplay.

Hellioning 12-07-2012 11:10 AM

The first two are really bad ideas, both of which are irrelevant and completely useless.

The third is a good idea.

Andarel 12-07-2012 12:06 PM

The chat is an important part of team communication, and if you want to disable it feel free to mute your teammates. However, I don't think anyone would willingly play a mode where they can't talk to their allies - you're actively crippling yourself.

Riot has said for a while that they release champions using the 2-1-1-J lane assignment as a guideline and care more about viable team strategies, but limiting champs to roles is a terrible idea. Would picking Mid lock off Zed, Fiora, Lee Sin, Pantheon, Talon? Would picking Top lock off Cassiopeia? You'd be a lot better served just communicating with your teammates.

The last idea is already possible - it's a custom game mode. Do 5v5 summoners rift, pick type "all random".

FearOfTheFlesh 12-07-2012 01:19 PM

You wouldnt be crippling urself because it would be for both teams. Besides its an option not a manditory thing.

Why downvote the thread? Did I offend you? If not you can simply disagree in your post instead of trying to get the thread removed.

Kyrie Friegraf 12-07-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearOfTheFlesh (Hozzászólás 32188097)
You wouldnt be crippling urself because it would be for both teams. Besides its an option not a manditory thing.

Why downvote the thread? Did I offend you? If not you can simply disagree in your post instead of trying to get the thread removed.

Both teams crippling themselves is still both teams crippling themselves, even if they're on the same playing field. Plus ingraining the meta is a good way to make the game mind numbingly boring; the meta can shift periodically, which is good for the health of the game. Plus, an all random mode? There's a popular custom mode called "ARAM" where everyone randoms a champion and goes to one lane, all game. There's even a map for it.

I downvoted your thread because I disagree with your opinions. It'd take at least twenty consecutive downvotes to close your thread.

AntHill 12-07-2012 03:59 PM

The no chat thing would be terrible because everyone would constantly be pinging everything on the map and nothing would get accomplished by it. I dont know about you but I dont want 40 minutes of straight pings both for baron a tower and dragon all at the same time. It's bad enough as it is with the retreat pings and me getting distracted by looking to see where it coming from and missing a tower kill or a champion kill because of the constant pinging.

the meta thing won't ever happen because riot has said in multiple posts that they balance to the meta but wont ever cement it in. Good reason why is that I like ashe support and ezreal as a top laner, or like that last guy said talon/panth mid is super popular and it just wouldn't work to make people chose a set group of champs.

The last one would be a lot of fun to have a all random normal game mode. like play standard but have all champs randomed. I have tried to organize these in customs before but most people just ignore it and let it go.

Ephringael 12-09-2012 12:24 PM

Actually the role selector could be awesome, so long as it didn't actually restrict your picks.

Imagine a world where there was less "ME MID OR AFK!". They could queue up as mid lane, and the system would match them with four other players that wanted to play the other roles anyways. It could make for much more efficient teams. Utterly pointless in higher level play still? Yes. However its something worth looking into, to see if a more useful tool can come of it.

As for random normals, YES. Sometimes, I just feel like playing random. Sometimes, I don't want to go all mid. And sometimes, I like to see those numbers added to my normal game stats. It would be nice to have the option to be matched with more, less meta oriented players.

TwistWrist 12-09-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ephringael (Hozzászólás 32254314)
Imagine a world where there was less "ME MID OR AFK!". They could queue up as mid lane, and the system would match them with four other players that wanted to play the other roles anyways. It could make for much more efficient teams. Utterly pointless in higher level play still? Yes. However its something worth looking into, to see if a more useful tool can come of it.

Except mid isn't a role.

And team comp isn't just a top, mid, support + ADC, and a jungler thrown together. You get some ridiculously worthless teams doing that.

OhBoyItsaMegaman 12-09-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ephringael (Hozzászólás 32254314)
Imagine a world where there was less "ME MID OR AFK!". They could queue up as mid lane, and the system would match them with four other players that wanted to play the other roles anyways. It could make for much more efficient teams.

Imagine a world where you not only avoided conflict with your teammates for lane selection, but where you were actually friends with them and communicated on Skype/Vent and took blame as a team for your failures.

Pulling together 5 random people into a good team through communication, compromise, and respect is a very big part of solo queue. If you don't want that to be a part of your League of Legends experience, just stop solo queuing. Make friends and play exclusively with a team full of them.

If you want to play with random strangers, you must accept that you will not fit together into a perfect team in the same way that a 5-man premade does. No, not even if you get to pick a role to queue as. Cooperating with strangers is an essential test of your solo queue skill, and that test begins on the pick screen.

TheDjinni 12-10-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScorchXBanister (Hozzászólás 32189397)
I downvoted your thread because I disagree with your opinions. It'd take at least twenty consecutive downvotes to close your thread.

So if you don't agree with someone you should be able to contribute towards making sure that nobody else can discuss or explore the topic?

Why?