League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   The right way to deal with ragers (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2876230)

SchierkeWiking 12-07-2012 09:49 AM

The right way to deal with ragers

Many of those punished by the Tribunal come here and try to excuse themselves by saying things like: "they started first", "he was insulting me so I insulted him" and so on, basically arguing that there's no other option than to fight insults with insults, rage with rage, fire with fire. But what if you fight fire with water?

In a recent ranked game I was Taric laning with MF, Malzahar mid, Teemo top and Jax in the jungle. Less than 10 minutes into the game Jax was already raging like maniac, I'm talking all caps spaming insults into the chat. He was being very abusive of Malz, calling him a "ret***" several times, but he didn't really answer back. Jax came bot a couple of times but it didn't go so well so he started raging at MF calling her a "cun*" several times but he/she was actually very nice and didn't insulted him back.

At this point the match was going very bad in all lanes, we were like 10-22 and the match seemed all but lost. Jax's rage was at it's highest point and seemed like he was about to punch the screen.

But then something interesting happened, there was a small teamfight that I wasn't part of and that we kinda lost, but Teemo said "gj Jax" and then Malz and MF did the same. And it was like magic... like Jax had been disarmed and didn't knew how to react to his teammates still being nice to him. He mostly stopped raging and we all could focuse on the game again. Despite being horribly outpowered by our feed enemies and losing almost every team fight, due to better team coordination, Teemo's mushrooms and my wards we were able to catch single enemies several times and split push until we took down two of their inhbitors. We won that game. The game that was 10-22 with a jungle raging and insulting his team.

I felt like a teenager who had just witnessed three mature adults perfectly deal with a child throwing a tantrum!... he was an a-hole to them, he insulted them many times but they didn't fought fire with the fire, instead they used water to put off the fire and focus on winning the game.

So instead of coming here and try to excuse yourself by blaming others, why don't you just follow the example of these three awesome players who won us that game, not by the skill of their plays, but by the maturity they showed?, don't do it because you're nice and hippie, just do it because you want to win the game and because raging is like putting a debuff on your whole team, one that doesn't reduce your armor, AD or AP but that lowes your teammate's morale and distracts them.

Zezune 12-07-2012 06:25 PM

Do you realize for every story like this theres 50 others where it doesn't work?

The proper way of dealing with a child throwing a tantrum is to smack the **** out of them (Equivalent to tribunal time ban)....Most people don't, which is why we have so many bad parents and spoiled kids.

The one surefire way to stop a rager is to actually play better/ That shuts most of them up real fast when the game is going good. But then again that doesn't work on some people because they rage as they win....

Lord Ferret 12-07-2012 07:33 PM

just say i am rubber. You are glue. What ever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

RockLobster88 12-07-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zezune (Hozzászólás 32199448)
Do you realize for every story like this theres 50 others where it doesn't work?

The proper way of dealing with a child throwing a tantrum is to smack the **** out of them (Equivalent to tribunal time ban)....Most people don't, which is why we have so many bad parents and spoiled kids.

The one surefire way to stop a rager is to actually play better/ That shuts most of them up real fast when the game is going good. But then again that doesn't work on some people because they rage as they win....

You're a moron. I'll say what we're all thinking: You are the problem.

Dreadfang 12-07-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockLobster88 (Hozzászólás 32202164)
You're a moron. I'll say what we're all thinking: You are the problem.

lobster your inmaturity has no limits does it.

axething 12-09-2012 07:41 PM

Pardon me for asking, but why is Zezune being downvoted? If I may ask so kindly...

I mean, it's true that there are so many ragers who won't stop raging regardless of encouragement or kind words. There are many ragers who might even start playing better, and still relentlessly abusing teammates. "I always have to carry at low ELO" they might say. Or "now I'm stuck in ELO hell cuz of you idiots see how well I'm doing compared to you guys?"

Even in the couple of comments above me we see an impersonal issue (how to deal with ragers) turn into a personal issue ("You're a moron." "Lobster your inmaturity [immaturity] has no limits does it")

IMHO, the best way to deal with a rager is to screencap the abusive chat, and submit it as a report/ticket. In game - perhaps it's nice to look up said rager's game history on lolking, as suggested in this thread http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2607448.

Thanks for reading this short post and don't be part of the problem - we're all just here to have fun!

Weimdog 12-09-2012 08:00 PM

axething, its probably because one of his suggestions for dealing with ragers is "just play better". That's about as profound as saying "don't get matched with trolls in soloQ".

Ti Perihelion 12-10-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Pardon me for asking, but why is Zezune being downvoted? If I may ask so kindly...
For me, it was this:

Quote:

The proper way of dealing with a child throwing a tantrum is to smack the **** out of them. ... Most people don't, which is why we have so many bad parents and spoiled kids.
But also what Weimdog said.

Quote:

just say i am rubber. You are glue. What ever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.
THIS.

SchierkeWiking 12-14-2012 05:11 PM

I just had another interesting ranked game... I'm maining Taric now and was with an Ashe bot and a Swain mid, I got caught in some ward killing shenanigans and I admit I played terribly giving first blood and being like 0/3/1 by 12 minutes. The Swain was constanly harassing me calling me noob and so on, Ashe was also annoying albeit less. I was frustrated and offended, Swain was the tipycal childish ahole who thinks he's perfect and never makes any mistakes.

I was rather pissed off but I still shut up and didn't answer the harassment. I wasn't going to use insults to defend myself, I was simply going to show them who was the "noob" with my plays. Despite being woefully behind (I was level 2, Ashe 6, enemy Vayne and Nami 5/6) we hold up the lane and after a while we even managed to 2-0 them with out a gank.

The Ashe even died very stupidly once in the mid game even tough I tried to save her, she said "sorry" and I just said "np", despite the fact that she called me me a noob several times.

I ended up 2/3/13 and we won. I was harassed and made to feel like **** for my mistakes, yet I didn't sunk to their levels, I didn't insulted them back I just focused on the game and managed to make a comback and won the damn game.

So unless you're a child don't come here with that BS of "I had to fight back", an adult doesn't sink to the level of a child.