League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Statikk's Shiv critting (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2876160)

Apollinarius 12-07-2012 09:22 AM

Statikk's Shiv critting

A couple of questions about how Statikk's shiv works, specifically the critical damage effect.
  1. What is the crit damage bonus? Is it 100% (so a crit does 200 damage) or is it 50% (so a crit does 150 damage)?
  2. How is the crit calculated? Does it crit if the autoattack proccing it crits or are they independent crit "rolls"?
  3. If the effect crits, does it do the increased damage to all targets or does the crit get determined independently for each target?
  4. For Ashe's passive, her autoattacks consume the crit chance bonus effect. Will the first attack (with Shiv charged) get the benefits of the crit chance bonus from her passive or will the bonus be consumed by the attack leaving the Shiv to be calculated based on Ashe's base crit?

Armageddal 12-07-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollinarius (Hozzászólás 32179933)
A couple of questions about how Statikk's shiv works, specifically the critical damage effect.
  1. What is the crit damage bonus? Is it 100% (so a crit does 200 damage) or is it 50% (so a crit does 150 damage)?
  2. How is the crit calculated? Does it crit if the autoattack proccing it crits or are they independent crit "rolls"?
  3. If the effect crits, does it do the increased damage to all targets or does the crit get determined independently for each target?
  4. For Ashe's passive, her autoattacks consume the crit chance bonus effect. Will the first attack (with Shiv charged) get the benefits of the crit chance bonus from her passive or will the bonus be consumed by the attack leaving the Shiv to be calculated based on Ashe's base crit?

I believe the crit bonus is 100%; I'm pretty sure they're independent crits, but don't quote me on that; if the effect crits it does it to all targets; I have no idea on Ashe. One other fun note: I think using Hurricane with Shiv will grant up to triple the charge speed due to the minor bolts.

I used this on a heavily crit-based Twitch (73% crit with an Infinity Edge, BoTRK, Statikk Shiv, Phantom Dancer, and Hurricane). Fun AoE destruction.

Apollinarius 12-10-2012 11:17 AM

I've found that Ashe's passive does indeed guarantee the crit. Now the question is, does Infinity edge increase the crit damage from 200 to 250?

JustMyBassCannon 12-10-2012 03:12 PM

Parrrley's tooltip is worded the same regarding criticals; does it apply Infinity Edge? (yes, yes it does)

And thus, I have answered your question with a question that I hope you already knew the answer to.

Beaumains 12-10-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollinarius (Hozzászólás 32179933)

* Crit chance and crit damage are whatever yours are at that point. For example IE will give it a 25% chance to crit, and multiply it by 2.5 if it does crit, upping the damage to 250 instead of just 100.
* I believe it crits with the proc'ing auto-attack.
* A critical "charge" should crit on all targets; i.e. do critical damage to all 1-4 targets.
* If it crits w/ the auto, then the point is moot; otherwise it would burn Ashe's passive on one and not count it for the other. Since this raises the question of which gets counted first, it reinforces the concept that crittable procs are essentially counted as part of the proc'ing auto for the purpose of determining whether they crit.

Hope that helps!
-Beaumains

P.S. Sorry I couldn't make true bullets like you did, I guess the system doesn't like me or something. Maybe it's 'cause I'm quoting you, oh well.