League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   @Riot - Why does Shen get only global TP? (not QQing) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2875419)

AlmightyAtheismo 12-07-2012 01:58 AM

@Riot - Why does Shen get only global TP? (not QQing)

Hey Riot,

I was just curious why it is that both Twisted Fate and Mantheon had their ults range decreased so that they were no longer global. Now while I miss the fun times I had with their globals, I understand it had to be done. What I don't (fully) understand is why Shen has retained his full global ultimate.

I'm not a fan of Shen - I don't find his playstyle enjoyable and I hate when he's on the other team. But I don't want any champion in League to be terrible, I remember the long period of time where Shen was basically a troll pick; let me assure you I don't want him back in that state.

I'm just curious if there's any plans of shifting Shens strengths around a little and reducing the range on his ulti. It's very frustrating to play against and it just seems a tad odd that he kept his global while TF and Panth lost theirs.

I'm sorry if this sounded at all like QQ - that's not how I meant it, I'm just honestly looking for some Red input from a design perspective as to why Shen is what he is.

Thanks!

Thane Soren 12-07-2012 01:59 AM

It is in his design to be a savior and a threat to the enemy team. His ult has to be global for this.

Akaneiro 12-07-2012 02:00 AM

Shen has to have an ally to target. TF and Mantheon could just drop into the enemies base and backdoor alldayerryday.

qeath 12-07-2012 02:01 AM

teleport is a summoner spell

LordTobiothan 12-07-2012 02:01 AM

not global, can only target five random points (the size of a ping) at a time, you cant even control where those points are.

DesertOfSand 12-07-2012 02:04 AM

I think the general idea was that Shen's ulti stayed global because it targeted an ally, limiting Shen's ability to position himself through his teleport and making it more obvious where he might come from, as opposed to TF and Panth (though Panth to a lesser extent because of how long his takes), who can more advantageously position themselves in a fight.
As well, it allowed TF and Panth to instantaneously start, say, split pushing or doing objectives if they saw the opportunity no matter where they were, while Shen can't.

I also suspect the size of the Dominion map to have something to do with it, because it just seems to fit what with the timing of Dominion releasing soon after, you know?

Laszlø 12-07-2012 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BishopBrown (Hozzászólás 32172922)
Shen has to have an ally to target. TF and Mantheon could just drop into the enemies base and backdoor alldayerryday.

^^

Ordo Irelius 12-07-2012 02:19 AM

First of all it is because it is his signature skill, it is what defines him.
Second of all he needs a target.