League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Lack of Wards (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2875207)

Brofessor Jones 12-07-2012 12:03 AM

Lack of Wards

The idea of 3v3s not having wards were to increases the tendency of jungle ganks. While this does do a great job of that, the issue comes through in one of the goals of the new 3v3s.

I do believe one was to encourage a use of more champions on the map, specifically more than just bruisers and those with blink abilities. The removal of wards an decrease in blink-overable walls limits the champion selection to just bruisers. Since the jungle is so unsafe, anyone that is not bulky, risks their team chances of winning the game by leaving base at all because they are bound to get instantly killed due to the lack of safety at any point of the map.

This not only discourages non-bruisers altogether, but forces non-bruisers to play passively - something I remember Riot saying they were trying to discourage intentionally.

SaintHax 12-07-2012 04:27 AM

A little overstated, but I think some of the points are more valid than the cause you cite. First, I played my first game since the Pre-S3 patch where someone had CV as a summoner spell-- it worked rather well against us.

Second, I think the issue is more with how fast a jungler can attempt to gank at anytime in his route, and not the lack of wards. In addition to that, the towers need to do more damage, so that if you do play smart, a bruiser can't dive you and get a kill and escape.

Redenbacher 12-07-2012 05:43 AM

With Hextech Sweeper and Grez's spectral lantern, all champions have additional active vision options to traverse areas thought to be 'unsafe'.

Also, good map awareness will allow players to judge where the enemy might be. For example, if you're pushed to middle and the enemies from the bottom lane are not visible, it's likely they are on a path to gank you. Scouting with skillshots, if applicable can spook them off the gank, or simply backing off to your turret can allow you time to back and buy instead of wasting time.

Brofessor Jones 12-07-2012 08:29 AM

Good feedback, yes I did exaggerate it a bit

My point in doing so was that the new 3v3 map had a few goals, most of which were not as effective as I would've hoped. I still feel discouraged when I try and play a squishier champion, for example, no adc is really viable. I feel a lot of the issues comes in a strong bruiser team camping the jungle, and not much smart play can give you the upper hand against a tankier team than the one you are on that abuses the safety of the jungle.

Bobinatorlol 12-07-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brofessor Jones (Hozzászólás 32178556)
I still feel discouraged when I try and play a squishier champion

Man up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brofessor Jones (Hozzászólás 32178556)
abuses the safety of the jungle.

If they can do it so can you.

Brofessor Jones 12-07-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

If they can do it so can you.
While this is true, i can give a perfect example. My friends and I were Riven,Eve, and Jax. Decent bruiser team sub eve. We had to turtle and not leave base because we were playing against Shen,Taric, and Darius. We ended up scaling harder and winning be we turtled out a 40 minute game, it just seems like that wasn't what Riot wanted to be happening anymore in 3v3s

Bobinatorlol 12-07-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brofessor Jones (Hozzászólás 32180697)
While this is true, i can give a perfect example. My friends and I were Riven,Eve, and Jax. Decent bruiser team sub eve. We had to turtle and not leave base because we were playing against Shen,Taric, and Darius. We ended up scaling harder and winning be we turtled out a 40 minute game, it just seems like that wasn't what Riot wanted to be happening anymore in 3v3s

For your one example I can give examples of over 100 games that did not go this way. Riot never promised there would never be a game over X amount of minutes or that it was impossible to turtle on the new map. I am sure there were plenty of opportunities for your team to get back on track before getting that far behind. I notice most games that end up being a turtle-fest is because the team not turtling does not have any decent range capable of pushing towers.

I have been on both sides of battlefield in the example you gave. I have been on a team where we locked the enemy in their base for a solid 20 minutes after going 10-0 and taking the first two towers within the first few minutes of the game. Only to lose later on because we were all 3-4 levels behind because we did not keep farming. We got it in our head we had already won and just stopped doing what we should have.

I have been on teams where we were locked in our base and down on kills but come back to win. A member of my team is spamming /surrender then AFK's because we voted no. We end up getting a couple aces and push to win 2v3. ~50min game. Mainly because they were playing sloppy.

I have also had a legitimate game end at 8:30(my record for fastest game without an afk'r). The enemy had squishy/late game champs. We had Karma/Skarner/Voli. They would just throw themselves at us early on and by the time they figured out this was bad they had 2 bot turrets down.

One thing I notice is that long games typically have a teemo on one of the teams. Normals way of thinking is: Oracles are only good to buy AFTER you have a full build and under no circumstances should you ever get MR. Even if one shroom drops you to 50%. Since teemos put shrooms in the middle of lanes you should NEVER hug the walls to avoid them.