League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Clan & Team Recruitment (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Bastion Gaming Competitive Team looking for players to start this new season out (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2874880)

RG MultiScuf 12-06-2012 10:04 PM

Bastion Gaming Competitive Team looking for players to start this new season out

The Goal
It is our goal to stand on a stage in front of thousands of fans cheering our names, hoisting a trophy so high and proud that a chilling rush surges through our spines, knowing that hundreds of thousands are watching us from their computers at home as we live our dream. It is our goal to assemble a team of players willing to dedicate every breath in their body to success, without fear. To create a family of brothers working together to turn one dream into a reality.It begins with qualifying for the Championship Series.

The Requirements
- Players of all roles will be considered
- Minimum 19 years of age
- Resident of North America
- Flexible availability for practice (30 hrs/week minimum)
- No ragers, no exceptions
- Very communicative with a mic and Raidcall, or Skype alternatively
- Ability to either 1) shot call at a VERY high level or 2) follow calls from a designated caller without hesitation or dispute
- Capable of giving and taking critisism in a composed manner
- Open to the idea of living in a team house in the Los Angeles area in 2013
- A desire to put in the hard work with dedication and the proper direction and methodology necessary to succeed
- Willingness to learn and play whatever champions are necessary to give the team the highest chance of success
- Not a dick (simply put) and not offended easily

- And lastly: Yes, there is 1300 Elo rating requirement, but we are looking for a very high level of skill. We will be looking at your rating and past statistics as an initial gauge of skill to determine whether or not a tryout is worth the time.
The standard we're looking for is the skill of a typical platinum-level player at minimum. So if you have a Gold rating, you better be sure you can easily handle the typical 1800 player - otherwise you're wasting our time.

IGN:
Current/high ELO:
What position you're applying for:
Your best roles (in order) and best champs for each role:
3 bans you would typically make and why:
2-3 ideas for unique metas or strategies:
Your view on the 5 most important aspects of a team:
Why you should be on this team and what do you offer to the table:
Your biggest weaknesses when it comes to the game:

If you believe you pass those requirements and share our goal, then please contact us in-game by adding "RG MultiScuf(Manager) or Sir erevis(Member)". Also would be great if you posted on here first. Thank you

RG MultiScuf 12-08-2012 03:06 AM

Bump

TBKUnStOpAbLe 12-08-2012 03:59 AM

IGN: Buttikus

Current/high ELO: 1333/1434

What position you're applying for: can play all except support ADC/MID

Your best roles (in order) and best champs for each role: ADC/Ezreal,Graves,Vayne MID/Diana,Gragas,Katarina TOP/Jax,Chogath,Shen JUNGLE/Nocturne,Leesin,Mundo

3 bans you would typically make and why: Well if were playing 5's we would ban whoever is gonna screw with our team comp but in a solo q Shen because brings alot to the table and able to 4 man ganks easily with a global jungle/mid or 5 man with both. Malphite just because hes true terror in the right hands. Morgana again brings so much to the table with the right champions to go with her.

Your view on the 5 most important aspects of a team: Teamwork,Communication,Ability to give and follow orders at a moments notice, that pretty much sums it up everything else would follow under Teamwork.

Why you should be on this team and what do you offer to the table: I have been a very dedicated LoL player since season 2 and work hard to get better all the time. I play upwards of 5-6 hours a day trying to improve. I have a lowish elo yes but thats just solo q you would be suprised how many trolls are really in solo q lol.

Your biggest weaknesses when it comes to the game: My biggest weakness would have to be sometimes I play a little too aggressive when i should be playing passive.

Shocken X 12-08-2012 04:14 AM

Cuurent/high 1200/1360

Applying for any position

Best roles in order: Top/Voli - Jungle/Noctureor maokai - support/nami or leona - ADC/Ezreal or draven - Mid/eve or ziggs
3 bans i typically make would be blits because his Q can decide an fight typically with a bad engage, Amumu and maplh would have to be my other to because simply that have a devastating engage ult and alot of times the way you enter a fight ultimatly decides the outcome.

Your view on the 5 most important aspects of a team: Communication is always number 1, Team composition I believe far exceeds any counter picks, faith in your teamates- its easy to sea a game faill apart in solo q based off of a lane feed or a poor play causing a rage and its very important to keep calm and know that any game can turn around and that all it takes is just playing your best.

Why you should be on this team and what do you offer to the table:I play this game way to often. also as an experianced mlger who has been on stage before i know the feeling and i really want to be there again granted my history with competitive gaming was in halo 2 but im a great gamer and i know if you try me out ill impress you:D

Your biggest weaknesses when it comes to the game:no experiance with a great team or ranked 5's q what soever. i have watched tons of ign mlg and understand the meta game but as far as playing it my self nobody has given me the oppurtunity and i hope that changes this season.

Chiggmo 12-08-2012 06:16 AM

IGN: Chiggmo
Current/high ELO: 1060/1105 (don't judge can explain why its so low)
What position you're applying for: Jungle/ADC
Your best roles (in order) and best champs for each role:
1) Jungle - Maokai, Nocturne, Mundo
2) Top - Jayce, Olaf, Yorick
3) ADC - Varus, Ezreal, Ashe (on a diff level with varus in comparison to the rest of the adcs)
4) Support - Nunu, Taric, Mundo (works as a support)
5) Mid - TF, Zed, Cho/Jayce (Done well with Jayce mid)

1) Amumu - Heavy tank, and game changing ult, also very good ganks with bandage toss
2) Lee sin - A good lee sin can dictate a game
3) Diana - Same as above for lee, she roams well and can do heavy damage, as well as tanky.

2-3 ideas for unique metas or strategies:
I don't know how unique it is but a heavy AOE ult/stun team has worked really well for me, you typically run Varus, Sona, Wu, Annie, Mumu/jarv/malph jungle and their ults all go very well together and if you chain them properly their entire team will never get a chance to move, or do real damage and by that time you should have finished most of them off.

I've never had a serious team to really try much of anything else.

1)Communication - This is a must if you want to do well as a team, you must be able to communicate well and clearly and understand eachother to get the most effective result
2)Trust - If you don't trust eachother you'll never succeed as you'll always be second guessing that person which can even distract you, also if something bad happens to them, it kills you're mood early.
3)Attitude - You have to be able to stay calm and cool, even when things aren't going well.
4)Acceptance - If you can't accept you're mistakes, it effects the team, as you normally start blaming others if you can't hold yourself responsible, it's never just one persons fault.
5)Skill - You have to have skill, or you'll generally go nowhere and get outplayed, which puts you in holes which are hard to get out of.

Why you should be on this team and what do you offer to the table:
I think despite the really low elo I have, I am a good player, and do well on a team I listen well and take feedback and am always looking for it. I've always naturally been good at video games, and done well in them, and always adapted very quickly. I also thrive in an environment of people who may be better than me, and try my best to play up to their level.
Your biggest weaknesses when it comes to the game: My off games, when I start bad or just have a bad game overall, I get hard on myself and it can cause me problems, positive re-enforcement usually helps me out, but you don't get that in solo que.

Knowing when I can 1v1 someone and when I can't. By this I mean that with certain champs I don't always know the best times to go in and be super aggressive and know when I can win a trade. If I'm never sure though I always hold back and make sure I can at least farm.

I think if you chose me though that I could quickly prove that putting a little faith and effort in me will show my elo is not indicative on my level of play, and that I can excel and learn very fast. I hope you give me a chance, but understand if you don't. Best of luck with your team :)

Edit: Also since its a requirement, I am over 19 (24), and currently live in Nova Scotia, Canada, so yes I live in NA :)

buckjump 12-08-2012 06:40 AM

*lol sorry i work alot its just cause i really want to be on this team or at least get a shot*
Current/high ELO: 1500
What position you're applying for: ADC
Your best roles (in order) and best champs for each role: I cant really say what my best are 100% anymore because of all the new items. The meta is changing right now so who i used to like isnt nessarly my best anymore. But ill say who i used to be good at a
ADC: Vayne, Kog, Ez
Top: Irelia, Jax, Riven
after here this is just solo queue things i mess around with. I play with all the roles but i wouldnt consider myself "good" at them
Support: Sona, Taric, Janna
Mid: Ryze, kat, Brand
Jungle: Mao, Skarner, Udyr

Singed: He is a ap high damage dealing buriser who can get extremely tanky easily. His entire kit scares me as a adc his slow makes re positioning for me difficult as well as his high damage in poison means i have to focus him or he will kill me not to mention his flip can put me into his team for a very easy kill. He also is difficult to shut out unless you pick say teemo or jayce into him neither of which are viable picks or the jungler just camps top which messes up the rest of the lane. I have more reasons but ill stop here
Malphite: Though he does not scare me as much the reasons why i ban him are similar to singed. If he lands his ult on me i will die instantly his attack speed reduction combo'ed with frozen heart makes my life really annoying. In short he really constricts my picks. As i said before i enjoy playing vayne but i wouldnt pick vayne into a malpite due to her small zones dont like having my champion pool reduced
Cho'gath: the champion is a menace his kit is stupid, if timed right he can out damage smite for last hits on baron. In lane his sustain is anyoing it almost makes poking him pointless not to mention that he as a aoe ranged cc on a 9 seconds which if lands on ap or ad carry means death. A aoe silence which last for 3 seconds which makes our ap mid useless in teamfights. And did i mention that he has a 650 true damage burst and he can farm extremely easily and is hard to shut out.
2-3 ideas for unique metas or strategies: Double assassin (top and mid) tanky jungle to iniate and some cc from the support the double assassin can kill the carry quickly and the cc from the bot can peel for the adc
Against a non gap closer melee top and not singed. high mobility ADC (like vayne into riven) top tanky mid (like ryze) normal bot lane and tanky jungler. Late game will be almost auto win with the double adc.

Communication: if you cant talk with each other you can be like clg and do rly well alone but as a team fail out.
Perseverance: just cause a comp didnt work once doesnt mean it doesnt work. I have played on teams that try team comps once and they wont work then they give up on it.

Trust: if im a team fight i should be able to trust that my team wont suddenly turn tail and run the second i over commit to it. My best team was one where i knew every team fight my mid was the one who peeled for me, so i wasnt worried about the riven coming at me cause i knew ryze was going to help me handle her makes a load off everyone.

individual skills: the worst thing that can happen is when you think your top lane sucks and then you start to wonder why ur on the team. Though it is a team game if everyone doesnt think everyone on there team is good, people will start picking on other people and the inner fighting will begin.

Punctuality: If everyone doesn't show up for practice or people are late everything will fall out of control, its important for the team for everyone to be there it shows that you care and everyone else cares and ur not just messing around.

Getting over loss: its hard to do probably the hardest thing on this list but you have to respect that as a team you will lose and if the team cant pick them selves up and keep playing or practicing the team will fail. You would be able to win any tournaments or practice effectively it comes with time but i feel it is the best problem with most teams like digintas and TSM once they lose then cant keep going where CLG.EU or M5 can lose or be losing and then pull it back.

Why you should be on this team and what do you offer to the table: I think i should be on the team because i have alot of in-game knowledge i understand how teamcomps work and why they work. I understand that a pick top lane from the enemy team impact me at bot lane. I also am very good at reading the in game situation and offering ideas different from the most obvious one instead of rushing to baron why not let them have it take mid and top inhib and then can wait out there baron with the pushing lanes and even apply pressure somewhere else. I really want to be on the team and im pretty versatile i can play any adc and i know the counter of most champions in the game.
Your biggest weaknesses when it comes to the game:
Quote:

i have a gaming cap, where right now it looks like i can only play for 5 or 6 hours straight before i fizz out and start to under perform.

RG MultiScuf 12-09-2012 12:37 AM

Bump. Please ad dme in game ill be on at 9pm est tommorow fr those you more interested we can meet than or leave your skype here and ill contact you in the day when I can.

BiGG Bawsss 12-09-2012 01:03 AM

IGN: Darkricko
Current/high ELO: 1115/1264 (don't play much solo que ranked anymore)

What position you're applying for: Jungle

Your best roles (in order) and best champs for each role: Jungle is my best, for me hard to say what my best junglers are since I pick a jungler for team comp, But we can go like this Tanky(Mao, Darius), Carry(Diana, Shyv) and CC(Malp and Skarner). My 2nd best role is kinda a toss up between adc and mid I basically play any and all adc's. My mids are Ryze, Kata, Gragas.

3 bans you would typically make and why: Kata and Diana for the simple fact if I don't get her she can raom and win lanes better then any other mid champions. Then Malp would be my 3rd ban just because his CC used right is GG.

2-3 ideas for unique metas or strategies: I have a lot more then 2 or 3 strategies but I will not give them out over a open app.
Your view on the 5 most important aspects of a team: Teamwork, Knowing your team by heart knwoing thier move before they do it imo is the biggest and really the only important part of the team. I see people with 900-1700elo all day in the go4lol tournys and the 900elo teams beat the higher elo teams a lot just due to playing together a lot.

Why you should be on this team and what do you offer to the table: I am a good guy, I offer a lot of unquie strats if interested. I am a great team player. I am open to being a manager if needs be just because I have great knowledge of the game and I have no problem seeing the better players put it into play.

Your biggest weaknesses when it comes to the game: Hmm I would say my age is mine. I am 33yo so there are just somethings that don't click with me and then there are somethings that do. Its normally very hard for me to play with people below the age of 24 just because most of them have not matured enough to see certain things a older mature mind can see.

RG MultiScuf 12-09-2012 09:11 AM

Bump

Grimloe 12-09-2012 09:41 AM

Current/high ELO: 1600/1800
What position you're applying for: Jungle
Your best roles (in order) and best champs for each role: Jungle, Nocturne, Mao, Amumu, Rammus, Shaco, Naut
3 bans you would typically make and why: Blitzcrank because if someone can pull, it hurts and he can cause way too much chaos with little to no gold. Diana because she is just way too tanky for how much damage she puts out. Amumu because if he gets going he can single handedly carry a team to victory with his tankiness and aoe damage.
2-3 ideas for unique metas or strategies: I always thought throwing your adc with an aggressive support mid as the support roams the lanes and jungle on occasion would be very strong. I also like the idea of a team built around taking control of the whole jungle, like having a shyvana in jungle for her control, a tf for map pressence, and maybe a cho so no one could smite the buff over us. Both are really rusty idea but worth a try.
Your view on the 5 most important aspects of a team: In order, Communication, Synergy, Skill, Goal, and a direction.
Why you should be on this team and what do you offer to the table: I have some ranked fives experience and I am very good at predictions in the jungle. I always have a good idea of what the other jungler is doing and it makes me a deadly counter jungler.
Your biggest weaknesses when it comes to the game: I hate waiting for ganks. I will not stand in a bush for very long waiting for the perfect moment. I have an attitude to constantly get things done so I can get ahead. I will either be ganking or farming the jungle or counter jungling, not sitting in a bush waiting to gank.