League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Is the lack of this item intentional Riot? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2874361)

Kyu Ryu 12-06-2012 07:03 PM

Is the lack of this item intentional Riot?

Is there a reason why there isn't a magic damage version of blade of the ruined king for champs that DPS with magic damage?

Rhengorne 12-06-2012 07:15 PM

There is an item that does that

Liandra's Torment deals (5%health) or (10% if slowed) to enemy champs per spell you strike them with.

It builds out of haunting guise

Kyu Ryu 12-06-2012 07:26 PM

I was thinking about something like this.

70 AP
10% life steal

Unique Passive: Your attacks deal 4% of targets current health in magic damage and heals you for half that amount.

Unique Active: Drains target champion dealing 150 magic damage plus 87% of your AP and healing you for same amount. Additionally you steal 30% of their movement speeds for 2 seconds. (60 second cool down)

Beaumains 12-06-2012 10:14 PM

That sounds like a combination of existing items: Mask, Will, Fidd's Drain, and Malphite's Shard. It sounds rather odd, and potentially broken.

Vuther 12-06-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyu Ryu (Hozzászólás 32164263)
I was thinking about something like this.

70 AP
10% life steal

Unique Passive: Your attacks deal 4% of targets current health in magic damage and heals you for half that amount.

Unique Active: Drains target champion dealing 150 magic damage plus 87% of your AP and healing you for same amount. Additionally you steal 30% of their movement speeds for 2 seconds. (60 second cool down)

So, the exact same item except technically not and on a completely different type of champion that doesn't mesh with it mechanically.

I'm afraid not, no.

67chrome 12-07-2012 03:25 AM

If you're utilizing auto-attacks with an on-hit build in the first place what's so bad about the AD?

Kyu Ryu 12-07-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67chrome (Hozzászólás 32173772)
If you're utilizing auto-attacks with an on-hit build in the first place what's so bad about the AD?

Because your be using magic penetration which does not help AD or the on hit effect at all since they are both physical damage.

TealNinje 12-07-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyu Ryu (Hozzászólás 32194969)
Because your be using magic penetration which does not help AD or the on hit effect at all since they are both physical damage.

You're doing a bigger chunk of damage as Physical, why would you build magic penetration?

ACGIFT 12-07-2012 05:04 PM

I have the distinct impression that Blade of the Ruined King was put in as a means of making an item NOT for "on-hit" builds like Madred's Bloodrazor wound up being so often; it wound up being too simply: just take a Wit's End and Madred's to get both major damage and tankiness to prevent counter-bursting, and then the Malady would ensure they softened up.

Remember that the BotRK (I guess "bork") is relatively UNIQUE in that its on-hit effect applies lifesteal; your lifesteal is not going to apply to magic on-hit damage.

Kyu Ryu 12-10-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TealNinje (Hozzászólás 32195607)
You're doing a bigger chunk of damage as Physical, why would you build magic penetration?

There are several champs that is not true for.