League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Surrendering needs to be changed to 3/2 (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2872896)

SouthSideBumper 12-06-2012 11:06 AM

Surrendering needs to be changed to 3/2

one player is AFK from the start, I'm support Alistar, and I'm useless because my team doesn't engage for me to be able to help, and when I engage, my team runs. I'm stuck in a game that's been 30 minutes already, we're losing terribly, with no chance of winning, but if I leave, I'll get suspended. That's total bull****.

didnt mean to put 3/2 as the title, considering only 4 players this game are active lol

Eloquid 12-06-2012 11:51 AM

Absolutely, and 2/1 for 3v3 map.

McJiggles 12-06-2012 11:57 AM

Im Sorry but i disagree. I dont really have a good reason just that if its 3/2 thats not an overwhelming majority. 2 people are still enjoying playing and trying to win and surrendering would lessen their enjoyment of the game. Whereas when its 4/1 its a clear consensus that the game is lost.

Jeanschyso 12-06-2012 11:58 AM

well, I'd say if there are only 4 people online, make it so we can win with 3 votes... if there are 5, keep it the way it is. The 3-2 not winning actually won me many games XD

SouthSideBumper 12-06-2012 12:00 PM

So not surrendering during an inevitable loss doesn't make it any less fun for people who want to just move on to the next game...?

Jeanschyso 12-06-2012 01:08 PM

as I just said, sometimes, you might think you cannot win, but unless the jungler is the leaver, you still have a fair shot.

SouthSideBumper 12-06-2012 01:52 PM

I never surrender unless I know for a fact we have no chance. I don't give up just for being a few kills behind. Most games can be won just by dragging them on later and teamfighting well.

The games I give up on are where an important role (top,mid,adc) goes AFK, or where I see my teammates make multiple bad plays, and teamfighting poorly.

GrooveTrain 12-06-2012 02:11 PM

Lets do some math shall we?
It currently takes 4/5 players in summoner's rift to surrender (80% consensus)
If a players leaves, it requres 3/4 (75% consensus)
If TWO players on a team leave, it requires 3/3 (2/3, or 66.6%, will not surrender)

In Twisted Treeline, 2/3 will not surrender, while 3/3 will (66.6% to 100% jump)

Something should be obvious to you by now: at least 75% of the team still in-game is required to agree to a surrender before a surrender will happen.

Lets rework this to 3/5 required for 5's surrender, or 60%. 60% is MARGINALLY better than a coinflip. MARGINALLY. Now that the minimum surrender is 60% of the team, 2/3 YES votes will surrender in Twisted Treeline.

Why is this a problem? Because when there are only two options (SURRENDER or NOT SURRENDER) and without any information about the personalities or history of prior decisions game theory dictates that you can assume a 50/50 split. In other words, on average and given no other variables, flip five coins and record "YES" for each heads and "NO" for each tails. Do this 1000 times. If you assume 3/5 YES is required for a surrender You'll find that the number of surrenders to not-surrenders is about 50%. meaning, while its 60% in each game, over time you are still dealing with a coinflip. Half of all games WILL result in a surrender from one side, and I could be mistaken but I don't think Riot wants to encourage players to give up when the going gets tough. Games have been won from terrible circumstances. I've come back from 3 inhibs down once. I wanted to surrender that game so badly, and my team wouldn't. We won. I ate my words.

Raise it to 4/5 and you'll start to see less surrenders on average, and more games being completed.

I think 75% majority is fair. I'm sorry your game is going badly. It will be over soon, just move on to the next one and have a great night playing league. :D

Bludude12 12-06-2012 02:19 PM

Well yes it is not an over whelming majority but its still a majority. Also yes two people are still happy playing that game but the other three are obviously not. So you then make the decision of please three people or please two people. I say go to the vote of 3/2.

GrooveTrain 12-06-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bludude12 (Hozzászólás 32155742)
Well yes it is not an over whelming majority but its still a majority. Also yes two people are still happy playing that game but the other three are obviously not. So you then make the decision of please three people or please two people. I say go to the vote of 3/2.

Hypothetically, I am a member of your team. I'm sorry, how is it my fault that you are not enjoying yourself? "Surrender at 20" should NEVER be something you count on (of course its an option, but you don't control other people and the decision over whether or not to surrender is ALWAYS out of your hands). Play to win or don't play, you're only wasting everyone's time if you don't.

Games of SR can last upwards of 40 minutes to an hour or more. You know IN ADVANCE that leavers and AFK's are a possibility. Why are you complaining? If you aren't planning for these contingencies and adjusting accordingly, you are the only person responsible for your resulting level of enjoyment of the game.