League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Nasus, the Avatar of Death] (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=28707)

Soobydoo 11-24-2009 06:59 PM

[Nasus, the Avatar of Death]

[Nasus, the Avatar of Death]

All right so you want to play an Avatar of Death, a god of which can take an entire team 1 v 5. Well you have come to the right place. Nasus is a beast when it comes to 1 v1 and even more when team battles are involved. Nasus can easily scare off opponents just by casting his ult, which is pretty funny if you think about it and simply a good feeling knowing they just don’t want to **** with you. So know when to pop it to maximize your kills or just to stay alive.

Masteries (0/21/9)

First off let’s talk about his mastery set up. I go the defensive tree, well because you are a tank and dodge is awesome a well as starting the high HP, as well as MR + Armor. Then I finish it off in utility for that experience boost and 15% time increase with monster buffs.

Now on to the Runes for Nasus: For the Mark category you want to take full armor pen, this is because this is the stat you want to stack with Nasus. This makes your hits, hit BIG, and good early game. Next for the Seals which I go for the best in slot dogde chance. Then for Glyphs, I would go all MR due to it is best in the Glyph bracket for some reason. Lastly for the Quentessents I do Armor pen, Dodge, and HP (32.4).

Summoner spells (rally, cleanse, Clarity)

Here I go with either Rally and Cleanse or Clarity/ Cleanse. For the first set using Rally is just too good to pass up with his Ult. Come on now you pop them both, not only will your team love you, due to one spell changing the team fight but now your Ult is way more of a force to be reckoned with. I do also get the improved rally too due to its more team friendly and making it last longer than your ult. (I also get Rally due to its’ help early game, with pushes, healing/battle winner and every good team will have a rally in their team) Next is the Cleanse, now this one is my favorate, its short CD and you will get CC'd by good teams when you Ult, so its nice to have that back-up. Just for clarification I am getting at when you pop your ult, the enemy's usually do two things, either they run away and wait it out or they FOCUS you. A Stun or blind in those first 3 seconds will kill you. Your life seal is your only survivability and not attacking equals death, so having a cleanse can make you able to continue to own. Now if you go with something other than rally, i would take Clarity and lately i have been loving up on this over rally and ill tell you why. It is the simple fact that you dont have to spend anything on mana regen and pure staying power in lanes. Since you will be spamming Spirit Fire on every wave AOE framing like no other champion and it only takes you a second to get that spell of if you are being harrasted.

On to the skill leveling guide: One thing to note here is Siphoning Strike is your MAIN damage and it gets stronger the longer the game goes, so if I have to say one thing as a pro Nasus player is…LAST HIT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN WITH THIS. Now even though this you your pride and joy, you dont give it any love in the lvling, and this is all due to saving your mana. All your mana will most likely be getting spent on Spirit Fire, so you can mass AOE grind. Also to explain, the part where i dont max out Spirit Fire, is because you will be one casting them and just take the next lvl when they become to stronge again.

So this is what I would go.
Skill Build
1: Spirit Fire (1)
2: Siphoning Strike (1)
3: Spirit Fire (2)
4: Wither (1)
5: Spirit Fire (3)
6: Fury of the Sands (1)
7: Spirit Fire (4)
8: Wither (2)
9: Wither (3)
10: Wither (4)
11: Fury of the Sands (2)
12: Wither (5)
13: Spirit Fire (5) or Siphoning Strike (2)
14: Spirit Fire (5) or Siphoning Strike (2)
15: Siphoning Strike (3)
16: Fury of the Sands (3)
17. Siphoning Strike (4)
18: Siphoning Strike (5)

Item build
There are a few things again like the cleanse are just a staple to this champion. The first item you work for, is the Sheen. This is too good when your use your Siphoning Strike and are hitting like a truck. This does build into the Trinity Force of course.
So here we go..

Start:

Doran's Shield and a HP pot
Sheen
Boots
Emblem of Valour
Boots < Mercury's Treads
or
Sheen or Phage < Trinity Force
or
Emblem of Valour < Stark's Fervor
or
Catalyst < Banshee's Vail

Now for a little explination for this, now you now know my masteries and runes, so you should be able to see that you will start out with 712 hp, 28 armor, 47 MR, and 10% dodge. That is a lot of tanky stats for a lvl 1. You can go to this link to see the starting stats http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Nasus...205744b9f0e354

Game play (early/ mid/ late)
So you want to know how to play Nasus huh…

Well early game Focus on Spirit Firing to push hard. Most people just back off to the sides to farm, so this give you ways of harraing or spliting them up. Your secondary concern should be getting those Siphoning Strikes, build that up its way important. Just take it easy and wait for your Spirit Fire to work them down and come in with the Sheen and Siphon Strike combo and you can kill minions at half HP easy, with that AOE down. Not to mention the big burst of health you get back too, making any harassment put on you while making that kill pointless and a waste of their mana; this lets you stay out there longer and get a lot more bonus damage on your Siphoning strike. To sum up early game, PUSH with your Sprit Fire and get lots of last hits with your Siphoning strikes.

Mid game with Nasus can go a lot of directions. This is due to him being one of the best junglers, with his natural life steal. If you are soloing with him you can continue to do what is mentioned above, but my personal suggestion is to let someone else take over mid so they can start getting more ex and your start jungling. (When someone gets to lvl 6 you swap with someone, it helps your team lvl faster due to you will have 2 solo lanes and a 6 vs 8 in mid is the norm, and is easily hand able and not a huge disadvantage.) If you are jungling you want to you get all those last hits by waiting for your CD to come up for every minion, even if this means just sitting and taking damage from them. This again helps you manage your prime ability the Siphon Strike. Also during this time is the great time to come and aid your fellow teammates and their lanes for some ganks. One last thing you can be doing even as low as lvl 6, is get the dragon, if you have your rally and of course have your sheen you should have no problem taking it on and the more you do that one the better your team is off. (good idea to have the two other buffs when taking on the dragon so early, makes it a lot easier.)

Lastly the late game; here now you should be still and always lvling up your Siphoning Strike but seeing its true power, if you haven’t already all game long. Just work with your team and push towers. There is not much else to be said at this point it has to many different situations to think of whats correct to do, so just stay with your team and own in team fights. Also to note, Nasus can take 1v2 and 1v3 quite often, if you get some stupid ****s that stay and fight you especially in your sprit fire, if they do you got them hands down.

So there you have it the guild to playing a good Nasus the Avatar of Death, now go forth and LVL that Siphoning Strikes to god like damage, and own those before you.

By: Soobydoo

Soobydoo 11-24-2009 07:11 PM

Please tell me what you think of my giuld and what i could improve on, that would be much appreciated, thanks Soobydoo

relkin 11-24-2009 07:25 PM

Great guide, I like you item setup, I differ a little bit but i'll explain why.

Codex
merc treads
zeal
sheen
phage --> trinity force
stinger --->Nashor's tooth
executioners

I have the same run setup and skill build as you exactly. The reason i pick up Nashor's if for mega cooldown reduction. I can get this to have Siphon castable every 3 seconds. Just a thought.

11-24-2009 07:33 PM

Why, in the name of all that's holy, are there TWO of these guides?!

Edit: By the way, you say you should be able to get 5-6 last hits with SS per wave? What? Are you on crack? There IS a cooldown you know, and most creeps get low at around the same time. I'd say 1-2, 3 if lucky. No exaggerating, you make your readers fall off of Hope Mountain when they realize you lied. >.<

Mr Wednesday 11-24-2009 09:45 PM

I think there are better guides out there. You're absolutely right about the SS farming and jungling capability, but I don't think Nasus is as strongly reliant on Rally+Cleanse as you suggest, and I wonder about spending gold on both +MaxMana and +ManaRegen items early in the game. That's the only real original piece of your build, too, as Sheen, Starks, and Trinity Force are pretty common in all of the Nasus guides I've seen.

I'm sorry to be so critical, I just think that the Nasus guide market is a bit saturated right now. it's tough to contribute without some really original thoughts.

Vamprski 11-24-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soobydoo (Hozzászólás 316364)
Oh i love this giuld it was so helpful. Thanks a bunch Sooby.................hahaha

Am I the only one who thinks it strange he complimented himself?

ShootTheBoot 11-25-2009 04:17 PM

Innovation

Its a great guide but I tried it and I went 0-8-2, not terrible for my standards but I think stacking more magic resist would benefit this build much more.

Spirit Visage
Boots of Mobility
Force of Nature
Archangel's Staff
Madred's Razors

Its hardly the typical Nasus item build but in theory it really works.

First, Spirit Visage for the mana regen and cooldown reduction so I can stay out there longer, excellent for getting ganks early by harassing with your AOE. Then Boots of Mobility, which are a no-brainer for any character, has great synergy with teleport because once you teleport to your tower you can get to the front lines even faster. Next is my favorite item in the whole game, Force of Nature, it basically turns your character into a Dr. Mundo with the huge boost to health regeneration, coupled with your life steal it makes you practically unkillable. Next is an item I don't really understand, the Archangel's Staff, but it would help with your mana problems, and give your AOE a big boost so you can harass the enemy team with it more effectively. By now its late game, and you'll be spending a lot of time jungling, so I pick up Madred's Razors to make killing the Lizard more manageable.

This build works great in practice games against bots, I almost have a 1:1 win/loss ratio after over 20 games. I tried this in a few ranked games and managed to get at least one kill each game, but they were losses because my team would never protect me from ganks and the constant harassment from enemy players, which I think should be a bannable offense. Players should be able to level freely, like in most MMOs and choose to PvP when and if they want to.

Overall, you have a solid guide Sooby but I think you can take a few pointers from my build and maybe modify your strategy a little.

Drexl 11-25-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootTheBoot (Hozzászólás 318953)
Its a great guide but I tried it and I went 0-8-2, not terrible for my standards but I think stacking more magic resist would benefit this build much more.

This build works great in practice games against bots, I almost have a 1:1 win/loss ratio after over 20 games. I tried this in a few ranked games and managed to get at least one kill each game, but they were losses because my team would never protect me from ganks and the constant harassment from enemy players, which I think should be a bannable offense. Players should be able to level freely, like in most MMOs and choose to PvP when and if they want to.

Overall, you have a solid guide Sooby but I think you can take a few pointers from my build and maybe modify your strategy a little.

Please tell me this is a joke?

Emergencia 11-25-2009 07:39 PM

^ rofl.

Jonas Sterling 11-25-2009 07:48 PM

This build is practically a replica of my guide, Out for Blood. The only differences are the item build (Getting Chalice. Why waste the gold?) ( T-Force early rather than building power beforehand), the skill build (One rank of Wither? Come on.) And the practicality. This guide makes Nasus go in "all directions." If I wanted a Generalized Nasus I'd take the reccommended build. However, he has points here and there. I'm not dismissing it, just not taking it seriously.